BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2014, 11:27:42 AM »

I think I'll start the weekend with some Southern Tier Choklat, I have so much of the damn stuff :-)

Tried the Monkey Shoulder last night, tasty little beverage there
Oh, you're talking beer.....thought you were bragging about a new move put on the warden.

Haha. No, that was the Choklat mustache.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2014, 11:27:41 AM »

Anyone had the TAA padron 64's? I see Tampa Humidor has a new Belicoso vitola. Are they a yearly thing?
Ya know, maybe this is blasphemous, but I can't say I like the Anniversaries (either the '64 or the '26, natural and maduro) much more than the core line.  Not bad, and I suppose it money was no issue whatsoever I'd smoke more of the Anniversaries, but I love the 2000 maduros and don't feel like I'm "settling" when I have one.
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

Morning everyone.  Friday at last, hope to get some B&M time in this weekend.  Maybe try a CLE cigar for once.  Maybe smoke another asylum straight jacket instead, which is close enough.  Smoked a undercrown on my way to work and smoked up my car so much people probably thought I was hotboxing some CANNABIS.
Good morning INBIM...   I had my first CLE Connecticut the other day, and I really liked it.  I thought it was similar to a Brickhouse.  Did anyone else think so...?
  Thanks, I really like the brickhouse.  I'm not much one for connies, but I'm sure CLE doesn't screw around.  Maybe I'll get one of each.  I saw some poor reviews on the corojo, though.  But I'll still try it.
I normally smoke maduros, but for the past 2 weeks I've had this strong craving for Connecticut's. Weird..!
Number of good flavorful ones out there.  Camacho, San Lotano Oval, EPC New Wave, CLE as mentioned, San Christobal Elegancia, Room 101, Rocky Patel
(just kidding....wanted to see if you were paying attention)
Had a Perdomo Champagne a couple nights ago that was pretty good...
Agreed.  Rarely talked about, kind of taken for granted, but always a solid smoke and one I keep in the inventory and always enjoy.
I definitely take most Pedomo stuff for granted.  Not sure why... nothing flashy, not a constant barrage of new stuff... just kinda stays under the radar.  I always enjoy Perdomo cigars when I smoke them.  Only one that comes to mind that I haven't liked is the 10th Criollo. Also like the Chateau Fuente connie on occasion.
Perdomo has a lot of stuff out there, and too much in the economy side, but I think 10 Anniversary (and Champagne Noir, Sun Grown, 20th Anniversary, Exhibicion and ESV 2002 are all solid performers.  (de Silvio very good but too pricy IMHO)

 I also like their habano lines, especially the maduro.  Had one the other night and it was excellent.  Only issue is the wrappers seem to be thinnish and prone to cracks.

« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »

My dad won't shut up about Sculpin.  I'm going to have to give it a try, although I think tonight I'll go with some Anchor Steam.  I've been craving it bad.  Wow, that sounds bad...GOD DAMN IT I NEED MY BEER!
I have some Anchor Steam in my fridge too.  I'm definitely in a beer mood right now.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »

I definitely take most Pedomo stuff for granted.  Not sure why... nothing flashy, not a constant barrage of new stuff... just kinda stays under the radar.  I always enjoy Perdomo cigars when I smoke them.  Only one that comes to mind that I haven't liked is the 10th Criollo. Also like the Chateau Fuente connie on occasion.
Agreed.  I also enjoyed the CI Legends Red (Perdomo).  It's the only one with a different shape.  Really nice smoke.  May even have one in the humi from way way back.
Years ago, I had planned on working through the CI Legends with the sampler, but realized the prices were not better that sampling the existing lines of the blenders, so just went that way.  Only one I ever tried was the Copper.
House brands...one of those things I never really understood.  B&Ms as well as places like CI and Cigar.com...just not economical enough as compared to named brands to give me any reason to buy.

Agreed!! If they were $1 or $2 a piece, sure, I'd get it and would try more of them.  But at a place like Churchill's, their 'house brand' sells for the same price as anything else.  Why would I bother?  I've never had one that was particularly memorable.  They almost seem like more of a gimmick, especially at a B&M.  "They're are very own cigars!"  No they're not.  They don't have fields and rollers.  They just purchase them in bulk and apply a band, if even that much.

« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2014, 11:31:39 AM »

I think I'll start the weekend with some Southern Tier Choklat, I have so much of the damn stuff :-)

Tried the Monkey Shoulder last night, tasty little beverage there
Oh, you're talking beer.....thought you were bragging about a new move put on the warden.
I use a different technique, pour wine in glass
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2014, 11:31:42 AM »

[...]

But their profit margin is higher...don't you want to support the B&Ms?  :'( lol
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »

Anyone had the TAA padron 64's? I see Tampa Humidor has a new Belicoso vitola. Are they a yearly thing?
Ya know, maybe this is blasphemous, but I can't say I like the Anniversaries (either the '64 or the '26, natural and maduro) much more than the core line.  Not bad, and I suppose it money was no issue whatsoever I'd smoke more of the Anniversaries, but I love the 2000 maduros and don't feel like I'm "settling" when I have one.
Thanks!

« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2014, 11:33:13 AM »

My dad won't shut up about Sculpin.  I'm going to have to give it a try, although I think tonight I'll go with some Anchor Steam.  I've been craving it bad.  Wow, that sounds bad...GOD DAMN IT I NEED MY BEER!
I have some Anchor Steam in my fridge too.  I'm definitely in a beer mood right now.
Funny, I just dropped a steamy anchor in the men's room

« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:19 AM »

Anyone had the TAA padron 64's? I see Tampa Humidor has a new Belicoso vitola. Are they a yearly thing?
Ya know, maybe this is blasphemous, but I can't say I like the Anniversaries (either the '64 or the '26, natural and maduro) much more than the core line.  Not bad, and I suppose it money was no issue whatsoever I'd smoke more of the Anniversaries, but I love the 2000 maduros and don't feel like I'm "settling" when I have one.
Thanks!
Yeah Dave, take that - jackass! So are they a yearly thing or not?
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

My dad won't shut up about Sculpin.  I'm going to have to give it a try, although I think tonight I'll go with some Anchor Steam.  I've been craving it bad.  Wow, that sounds bad...GOD DAMN IT I NEED MY BEER!
I have some Anchor Steam in my fridge too.  I'm definitely in a beer mood right now.
Funny, I just dropped a steamy anchor in the men's room

Are you sure it wasn't a buoy?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »

Morning everyone.  Friday at last, hope to get some B&M time in this weekend.  Maybe try a CLE cigar for once.  Maybe smoke another asylum straight jacket instead, which is close enough.  Smoked a undercrown on my way to work and smoked up my car so much people probably thought I was hotboxing some CANNABIS.
Good morning INBIM...   I had my first CLE Connecticut the other day, and I really liked it.  I thought it was similar to a Brickhouse.  Did anyone else think so...?
  Thanks, I really like the brickhouse.  I'm not much one for connies, but I'm sure CLE doesn't screw around.  Maybe I'll get one of each.  I saw some poor reviews on the corojo, though.  But I'll still try it.
The cuarenta's definitely the best CLE imo, haven't tried the Eiroa yet

The 11/18 is my favorite CLE Cuarenta. Anyone had the Corona Gorda in this? Assuming it's just as good...
CGs are excellent & I also like the 11/18.  3 Bean gave me a CLE Connecticut robusto ... which was really tasty.  So now that is one of my favorite Connies.  Corojo is the least favorite CLE.  Not a bad cigar, just prefer the others.

« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

[...]

Hey there Sly

« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2014, 11:42:03 AM »

My dad won't shut up about Sculpin.  I'm going to have to give it a try, although I think tonight I'll go with some Anchor Steam.  I've been craving it bad.  Wow, that sounds bad...GOD DAMN IT I NEED MY BEER!
I have some Anchor Steam in my fridge too.  I'm definitely in a beer mood right now.
Funny, I just dropped a steamy anchor in the men's room

Are you sure it wasn't a buoy?
A baba bouy?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2014, 11:42:05 AM »

[...]

Howdy Sly.