« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »

I definitely take most Pedomo stuff for granted.  Not sure why... nothing flashy, not a constant barrage of new stuff... just kinda stays under the radar.  I always enjoy Perdomo cigars when I smoke them.  Only one that comes to mind that I haven't liked is the 10th Criollo. Also like the Chateau Fuente connie on occasion.
Agreed.  I also enjoyed the CI Legends Red (Perdomo).  It's the only one with a different shape.  Really nice smoke.  May even have one in the humi from way way back.

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »

Morning everyone.  Friday at last, hope to get some B&M time in this weekend.  Maybe try a CLE cigar for once.  Maybe smoke another asylum straight jacket instead, which is close enough.  Smoked a undercrown on my way to work and smoked up my car so much people probably thought I was hotboxing some CANNABIS.
Good morning INBIM...   I had my first CLE Connecticut the other day, and I really liked it.  I thought it was similar to a Brickhouse.  Did anyone else think so...?
  Thanks, I really like the brickhouse.  I'm not much one for connies, but I'm sure CLE doesn't screw around.  Maybe I'll get one of each.  I saw some poor reviews on the corojo, though.  But I'll still try it.
I normally smoke maduros, but for the past 2 weeks I've had this strong craving for Connecticut's. Weird..!
Number of good flavorful ones out there.  Camacho, San Lotano Oval, EPC New Wave, CLE as mentioned, San Christobal Elegancia, Room 101, Rocky Patel
(just kidding....wanted to see if you were paying attention)
Had a Perdomo Champagne a couple nights ago that was pretty good...
Good morning Joe , that is a good cigar , I like them .
I , smoked , one a few , months back , and , enjoyed it,    !
It was good...!  LOL, morning, Scott.  Had some Alpine Pure Hoppiness last night.  People rave about it and go nuts over it here but it didn't seem like anything special, to me.  I've had many better double IPAs from Stone, Ballast Point, etc.
Hard to top IPA's from those guys. Lagunitas is very good as well but that damn Sculipn's the shit
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »

Morning, all.  No boss today.  Probably gonna leave within a couple hours.  Got an exam to take by the weekend, would love to knock it out this afternoon so I can drink and smoke all weekend with nothing 'to do' lingering.
\\\\Good plan. Mornin' Joe.
Hey there, Dave.  Week's vacation, eh?  Going anywhere or more of a stay at home and do nothing vacation?  San Diego's lovely this time of year...
....and a table at Churchill's can be reserved.
I know. One of these days.......
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »

[...]
The RP Signatures that show up on the jam from time to time are actually a really nice smoke.  WAY better than the RP Connecticuts. (not hard to imagine that)
  +1, Agreed.  Although the last time I had one was years ago so I don't know if I'd still like it.  I saw them on the jam not too long ago.

« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »

Morning, all.  No boss today.  Probably gonna leave within a couple hours.  Got an exam to take by the weekend, would love to knock it out this afternoon so I can drink and smoke all weekend with nothing 'to do' lingering.
\\\\Good plan. Mornin' Joe.
Hey there, Dave.  Week's vacation, eh?  Going anywhere or more of a stay at home and do nothing vacation?  San Diego's lovely this time of year...
....and a table at Churchill's can be reserved.
I know. One of these days.......
Give a little advance notice so I can try to make it out for that momentous occasion.

« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »

I think I'll start the weekend with some Southern Tier Choklat, I have so much of the damn stuff :-)

Tried the Monkey Shoulder last night, tasty little beverage there
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2014, 11:14:05 AM »

[...]

My dad won't shut up about Sculpin.  I'm going to have to give it a try, although I think tonight I'll go with some Anchor Steam.  I've been craving it bad.  Wow, that sounds bad...GOD DAMN IT I NEED MY BEER!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »

I think I'll start the weekend with some Southern Tier Choklat, I have so much of the damn stuff :-)

Tried the Monkey Shoulder last night, tasty little beverage there

Isn't it? And won't break the bank.  We've talked about this before... nice to have one too many drinks of something that doesn't make you cringe when you see the empty bottle the next morning!  Affordable, but still good.

« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2014, 11:18:38 AM »

[...]
Agreed.  Rarely talked about, kind of taken for granted, but always a solid smoke and one I keep in the inventory and always enjoy.
I definitely take most Pedomo stuff for granted.  Not sure why... nothing flashy, not a constant barrage of new stuff... just kinda stays under the radar.  I always enjoy Perdomo cigars when I smoke them.  Only one that comes to mind that I haven't liked is the 10th Criollo. Also like the Chateau Fuente connie on occasion.
Perdomo has a lot of stuff out there, and too much in the economy side, but I think 10 Anniversary (and Champagne Noir, Sun Grown, 20th Anniversary, Exhibicion and ESV 2002 are all solid performers.  (de Silvio very good but too pricy IMHO)
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »

Morning, all.  No boss today.  Probably gonna leave within a couple hours.  Got an exam to take by the weekend, would love to knock it out this afternoon so I can drink and smoke all weekend with nothing 'to do' lingering.
\\\\Good plan. Mornin' Joe.
Hey there, Dave.  Week's vacation, eh?  Going anywhere or more of a stay at home and do nothing vacation?  San Diego's lovely this time of year...
....and a table at Churchill's can be reserved.
I know. One of these days.......
Give a little advance notice so I can try to make it out for that momentous occasion.
Will do.  ;D

« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2014, 11:21:05 AM »

I definitely take most Pedomo stuff for granted.  Not sure why... nothing flashy, not a constant barrage of new stuff... just kinda stays under the radar.  I always enjoy Perdomo cigars when I smoke them.  Only one that comes to mind that I haven't liked is the 10th Criollo. Also like the Chateau Fuente connie on occasion.
Agreed.  I also enjoyed the CI Legends Red (Perdomo).  It's the only one with a different shape.  Really nice smoke.  May even have one in the humi from way way back.
Years ago, I had planned on working through the CI Legends with the sampler, but realized the prices were not better that sampling the existing lines of the blenders, so just went that way.  Only one I ever tried was the Copper.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »

Anyone had the TAA padron 64's? I see Tampa Humidor has a new Belicoso vitola. Are they a yearly thing?

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2014, 11:23:21 AM »

I think I'll start the weekend with some Southern Tier Choklat, I have so much of the damn stuff :-)

Tried the Monkey Shoulder last night, tasty little beverage there

Isn't it? And won't break the bank.  We've talked about this before... nice to have one too many drinks of something that doesn't make you cringe when you see the empty bottle the next morning!  Affordable, but still good.
Exactly and this stuff was a bit distinct flavor wise

« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2014, 11:23:23 AM »

I definitely take most Pedomo stuff for granted.  Not sure why... nothing flashy, not a constant barrage of new stuff... just kinda stays under the radar.  I always enjoy Perdomo cigars when I smoke them.  Only one that comes to mind that I haven't liked is the 10th Criollo. Also like the Chateau Fuente connie on occasion.
Agreed.  I also enjoyed the CI Legends Red (Perdomo).  It's the only one with a different shape.  Really nice smoke.  May even have one in the humi from way way back.
Years ago, I had planned on working through the CI Legends with the sampler, but realized the prices were not better that sampling the existing lines of the blenders, so just went that way.  Only one I ever tried was the Copper.
House brands...one of those things I never really understood.  B&Ms as well as places like CI and Cigar.com...just not economical enough as compared to named brands to give me any reason to buy.

« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2014, 11:24:46 AM »

I think I'll start the weekend with some Southern Tier Choklat, I have so much of the damn stuff :-)

Tried the Monkey Shoulder last night, tasty little beverage there
Oh, you're talking beer.....thought you were bragging about a new move put on the warden.