Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »

Ten years ago: The largest spy swap between the U.S. and Russia since the Cold War unfolded as 10 people accused of spying in suburban America pleaded guilty to conspiracy and were ordered deported to Russia in exchange for the release of four prisoners accused of spying for the West. Violent protests erupted in Oakland, California, after a Los Angeles jury convicted a white former transit officer, Johannes Mehserle (yoh-HAH’-nes MEZ’-ur-lee), of involuntary manslaughter (instead of murder) in the videotaped fatal shooting of an unarmed black man, Oscar Grant. During an ESPN prime-time special, basketball free agent LeBron James announced he was leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers to join the Miami Heat.

Five years ago: On a rough day for tech, a “router issue” at United Airlines suspended all of the company’s flights for nearly two hours, leading to 800 flight delays and 60 cancellations; a “technical problem” at the New York Stock Exchange halted trading; and the Wall Street Journal’s website, WSJ.com, had “technical difficulties.” (Government officials said it did not appear that the incidents were related, or the result of sabotage.) Medicare said it planned to pay doctors to counsel patients about end-of-life care, the same idea that sparked accusations of “death panels” and fanned a political furor around President Barack Obama’s health care law.

One year ago: Iran began enriching uranium to 4.5%, just breaking the limit set by its nuclear deal with world powers. Billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein was charged with sexually abusing dozens of underage girls; the newly unsealed federal indictment came more than a decade after he secretly cut a deal with federal prosecutors to dispose of nearly identical allegations. (Epstein was found unresponsive in his jail cell a month later; the medical examiner ruled the death a suicide.) After a remarkable run at Wimbledon, 15-year-old American Coco Gauff lost to former No. 1 Simona Halep, 6-3, 6-3, in the fourth round.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2020, 10:26:30 AM »

Good morning, DoItYourselfWipers.  Need to amend Dean's statement.  Sex, coffee, cigars, and green lights.
As Dean said, priorities shift with advancing years.
Oh, and speaking of advancing years, Happy Birthday Mr. Bean.
Advancing, indeed.  Thank you!

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2020, 10:28:55 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Singer Steve Lawrence is 85.
Actor Jeffrey Tambor is 76.
Rock musician Jaimoe Johanson is 75.
Ballerina Cynthia Gregory is 73.
Actress Kim Darby is 73.
Actress Jonelle Allen is 72.
Children’s performer Raffi is 72.
Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck is 71.
Actress Anjelica Huston is 69.
Writer Anna Quindlen is 68.
Maybe We'll have some (Mr.) Bean with that Bacon...
Actor Kevin Bacon is 62.
Actor Robert Knepper is 61.
Rock musician Andy Fletcher (Depeche Mode) is 59.
 singer Toby Keith is 59.
Rock musician Graham Jones (Haircut 100) is 59.
Rock singer Joan Osborne is 58.
-producer Rob Burnett is 58.
Actor Rocky Carroll is 57.
Actor Corey Parker is 55.
Actor Lee Tergesen is 55. Actor Michael B. Silver is 53.
Actor Billy Crudup is 52.
Actor Michael Weatherly is 52.
Singer Beck is 50.
Country singer Drew Womack (Sons of the Desert) is 50.
Comedian Sebastian Maniscalco is 47.
Actress Kathleen Robertson is 47.
Christian rock musician Stephen Mason (Jars of Clay) is 45.
Actor Milo Ventimiglia (MEE’-loh vehn-tih-MEEL’-yuh) is 43.
Rock musician Tavis Werts is 43.
Singer Ben Jelen (YEL’-in) is 41.
Actor Lance Gross is 39.
Actress Sophia Bush is 38.
Rock musician Jamie Cook (Arctic Monkeys) is 35.
Actor Jake McDorman is 34.
Actress Maya Hawke is 22.
Actor Jaden Smith is 22.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2020, 10:29:41 AM »

Good morning, DoItYourselfWipers.  Need to amend Dean's statement.  Sex, coffee, cigars, and green lights.
As Dean said, priorities shift with advancing years.
Oh, and speaking of advancing years, Happy Birthday Mr. Bean.
Advancing, indeed.  Thank you!

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2020, 10:30:22 AM »

Good morning, DoItYourselfWipers.  Need to amend Dean's statement.  Sex, coffee, cigars, and green lights.
As Dean said, priorities shift with advancing years.
Oh, and speaking of advancing years, Happy Birthday Mr. Bean.
Advancing, indeed.  Thank you!
...but no rappers share your Bday, shame.

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2020, 10:38:31 AM »

Humpity hump hump.
glad you're having a good morning Dave.
Any morning we wake up is a good morning, right?
well, yeah. been a long time since I felt I wish I didn't wake up.
but now we have 'woke'. so what's that all about?
Not sure, I'm either woke or a sheeple, I can never remember which.
what the hell is a sheeple?
https://mashable.com/2017/04/27/sheeple-word-merriam-webster/
oooookay. I guess I'll stick to my non-conformist values of the 60's; sex, coffee, cigars, and rock and roll. (modified a little over the years)
in other words, leave me the fuck alone people.
Here! Here!

Except...nobody leaves me alone.  The government is busily inventing new ways to pick my pocket and there's a long line of people with their hands out for a piece of what's left. And I'm an evil person if I object.  "Live and Let Live" has become "Subsidize me and shut the fuck up!"

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2020, 10:45:08 AM »

Morning CHAZRaz
CHOP.  Apparently someone explained to them the meaning of "autonomous," and they didn't like that so much.  So it changed into the Capitol Hill Organized Protest Zone.  Apparently nobody explained what "organized" meant.

But it's history now.  Once these liberators started killing people, the folks who actually own the neighborhood decided enough was enough.

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2020, 10:56:03 AM »

If you're looking to sample something new (not necessarily a bargain), a suggestion would be Unforgiven by Esteban Carreras.  Very tasty.

https://atlanticcigar.com/esteban-carreras-unforgiven-toro-grande/

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2020, 10:58:44 AM »

Morning CHAZRaz
CHOP.  Apparently someone explained to them the meaning of "autonomous," and they didn't like that so much.  So it changed into the Capitol Hill Organized Protest Zone.  Apparently nobody explained what "organized" meant.

But it's history now.  Once these liberators started killing people, the folks who actually own the neighborhood decided enough was enough.
Yea, I know but CHOP didn't quite rhyme with Raz.
Also like how after a couple of weeks of rape and robbery and assault, they decided they needed an armed group of protectors for the Zone.  (Isn't that called police?  But an even more poorly trained group at that)

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2020, 11:03:38 AM »

Good morning, DoItYourselfWipers.  Need to amend Dean's statement.  Sex, coffee, cigars, and green lights.
As Dean said, priorities shift with advancing years.
Oh, and speaking of advancing years, Happy Birthday Mr. Bean.
Dang, I almost missed it. I never remember to look.

Happy birffday, Mark!

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2020, 11:03:41 AM »

Morning CHAZRaz
CHOP.  Apparently someone explained to them the meaning of "autonomous," and they didn't like that so much.  So it changed into the Capitol Hill Organized Protest Zone.  Apparently nobody explained what "organized" meant.

But it's history now.  Once these liberators started killing people, the folks who actually own the neighborhood decided enough was enough.
Yea, I know but CHOP didn't quite rhyme with Raz.
Also like how after a couple of weeks of rape and robbery and assault, they decided they needed an armed group of protectors for the Zone.  (Isn't that called police?  But an even more poorly trained group at that)
I know where they could get help:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/07/05/florida-sheriff-who-said-he-would-deputize-every-lawful-gun-owner-against-protesters-nows-says-he-legally-cant-do-that

EDIT: Lol, I didn't even hear that he figured out he wasn't allowed to do that. Stupid liberal press not giving me updates on nut jobs!

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2020, 11:08:39 AM »

If you're looking to sample something new (not necessarily a bargain), a suggestion would be Unforgiven by Esteban Carreras.  Very tasty.

https://atlanticcigar.com/esteban-carreras-unforgiven-toro-grande/
Great information to have. Danke.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »

If you're looking to sample something new (not necessarily a bargain), a suggestion would be Unforgiven by Esteban Carreras.  Very tasty.

https://atlanticcigar.com/esteban-carreras-unforgiven-toro-grande/
Wonder if the cigar is as great as the movie.

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2020, 11:26:51 AM »

Morning CHAZRaz
CHOP.  Apparently someone explained to them the meaning of "autonomous," and they didn't like that so much.  So it changed into the Capitol Hill Organized Protest Zone.  Apparently nobody explained what "organized" meant.

But it's history now.  Once these liberators started killing people, the folks who actually own the neighborhood decided enough was enough.
Yea, I know but CHOP didn't quite rhyme with Raz.
Also like how after a couple of weeks of rape and robbery and assault, they decided they needed an armed group of protectors for the Zone.  (Isn't that called police?  But an even more poorly trained group at that)
They had people running around with guns playing security from the start.

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2020, 11:43:08 AM »

[...]

Stupid liberal press putting the wrong headline on.  He never said he can't deputize whoever he wants, and he in fact can do exactly that. It'd be an idiotic thing to do, but he could do it.

What he said was he couldn't give anyone carte blanche to use deadly force, which he in fact can't.  Not to anyone.  To quote from the article: "We have not given, and will never give anybody the [sic] autonomy or approval under the name of the Clay County Sheriff’s Office.”
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6