Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #660 on: June 11, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »

Good evening night shift!  EPC NW with a RRG&C.

Evening, KC.  This Padilla 1932 Lancero is from an early 09 box, I believe.  Post split but made in the short lived factory Ernesto had in Miami.  Very good flavor, plenty of kick left.  Excellent burn, too.
I'm sure you've seen me post this before, but the new 32 Robustos are excellent, and still affordable at $4.00/ea when they show up on the Jam.

I've see you post that, as well as some other positive notes on the new Miamis (El Titan de Bronze factory, if I remember) and the Oliva made stuff.

I'm just not willing to purchase anything from him, still.  Shameful abuse of the brands and the complete lack of guarantee that the next batch will be anything like the previous one.  It really comes at no cost to me, too, because it isn't like I lack other cigars to smoke.  Between Pepin, Dion, the V, Drew, Ceunca (y Blanco) etc. there are a ton of options that I know won't suddenly become dog rockets.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #661 on: June 11, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »

I've see you post that, as well as some other positive notes on the new Miamis (El Titan de Bronze factory, if I remember) and the Oliva made stuff.

I'm just not willing to purchase anything from him, still.  Shameful abuse of the brands and the complete lack of guarantee that the next batch will be anything like the previous one.  It really comes at no cost to me, too, because it isn't like I lack other cigars to smoke.  Between Pepin, Dion, the V, Drew, Ceunca (y Blanco) etc. there are a ton of options that I know won't suddenly become dog rockets. -----Will-----You make a good point.  But I loved the originals so much I gave the new ones a chance after finding out they were being rolled at the Oliva factory.  Oh, and btw, were you on during the day at all today?

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #662 on: June 11, 2014, 07:09:34 PM »

I've see you post that, as well as some other positive notes on the new Miamis (El Titan de Bronze factory, if I remember) and the Oliva made stuff.

I'm just not willing to purchase anything from him, still.  Shameful abuse of the brands and the complete lack of guarantee that the next batch will be anything like the previous one.  It really comes at no cost to me, too, because it isn't like I lack other cigars to smoke.  Between Pepin, Dion, the V, Drew, Ceunca (y Blanco) etc. there are a ton of options that I know won't suddenly become dog rockets. -----Will-----You make a good point.  But I loved the originals so much I gave the new ones a chance after finding out they were being rolled at the Oliva factory.  Oh, and btw, were you on during the day at all today?

Not until 3 or so.  What did I miss?
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2014, 07:18:17 PM »

Evening, enjoying a MB III and a chilly vodka and lime...
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2014, 07:21:27 PM »

Not until 3 or so.  What did I miss?-----Will-----PM sent.  Red Sox-Orioles on now.  Someone has to step up and start winning.  The Blue Jays can't be the AL East winners.  They just CAN'T!!
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #665 on: June 11, 2014, 07:21:53 PM »

Evening, enjoying a MB III and a chilly vodka and lime...
Squawk!  Squawk!!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #666 on: June 11, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »

Not until 3 or so.  What did I miss?-----Will-----PM sent.  Red Sox-Orioles on now.  Someone has to step up and start winning.  The Blue Jays can't be the AL East winners.  They just CAN'T!!

KC, pm replied.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #667 on: June 11, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »

Evening, enjoying a MB III and a chilly vodka and lime...

Evening TD.  About to start smoke #2 and I think it might be my last.  Feels like the rain is coming back for a third night.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #668 on: June 11, 2014, 07:29:43 PM »

Evening, enjoying a MB III and a chilly vodka and lime...
Squawk!  Squawk!!
...WooF...this MB III has over 3 yrs down time, and is tasting excellent.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #669 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:14 PM »

Evening, enjoying a MB III and a chilly vodka and lime...

Evening TD.  About to start smoke #2 and I think it might be my last.  Feels like the rain is coming back for a third night.
Hey Will, had a heavy rain move thru here last night...and a light shower earlier this evening.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #670 on: June 11, 2014, 07:37:17 PM »

...NPC New Waves up on the JAM...
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #671 on: June 11, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »

Evening, enjoying a MB III and a chilly vodka and lime...

Evening TD.  About to start smoke #2 and I think it might be my last.  Feels like the rain is coming back for a third night.
Hey Will, had a heavy rain move thru here last night...and a light shower earlier this evening.

Yeah, we had late night/early morning rain the last two days.

Camacho SLR Maduro toro.  Been resting here since 4/2013.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #672 on: June 11, 2014, 07:39:32 PM »

...NPC New Waves up on the JAM...
/////.....Oooop's EPC....
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #673 on: June 11, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »

WooF...this MB III has over 3 yrs down time, and is tasting excellent.-----TD-----Finishing up my EPC NW, thinking about a MF #4 Lancero that I got a couple weeks ago from a canine in Ohio.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #674 on: June 11, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »

WooF...this MB III has over 3 yrs down time, and is tasting excellent.-----TD-----Finishing up my EPC NW, thinking about a MF #4 Lancero that I got a couple weeks ago from a canine in Ohio.//////.....Sounds excellent, just might join you in a few...