CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 123016 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #630 on: June 11, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »

Nothing like bombing the shit out of the Germans and the Japs then giviving them money to build new stuff while we're stuck with our old crap.
I'm as USA-first as anyone, but let's face it - The Marshall Plan paid off big-time for the US.

As for the trade deficit, the rules of economics apply to the Chinese as much as to the US.  The countries that produce with the lowest labor costs get a flood of money.  That flood of money drives up wages and fuels consumption.  Pretty soon, all that cheap labor isn't so cheap anymore, and it's "next country up".  China keeps trying to mess with the rules by holding down currency value and so on, but that's bubble-gum-and-spit stop-gapping. Eventually, it'll cost more to produce it in China and Africa will get all the outsourced manufacturing.  That and vast resources are why China is pouring huge amounts of effort and money into Africa.  Eventually, it either swings back to the US, or it broadly distributes and lifts all boats.  Or somebody hits the button and we vaporize ourselves.  We're still waiting to see how it plays out.
Fuggin Rapture, I was all ready and everything!
I still had a couple a things to do........
A dusty bucket list?  Afternoon Dave
20 year old nymphomaniac is the LAST thing on the list........howdy Mr Breath.
A red head?  That would do me in for sure.  I just see you spontaneously bursting in a cloud of dust.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #631 on: June 11, 2014, 05:53:27 PM »

Good afternoon guys, it has taken me awhile to finally get caught up with this place.

Afternoon, Chip.  Probably best to just jump in... you know how it is, topics change every five minutes.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #632 on: June 11, 2014, 05:53:39 PM »

Nothing like bombing the shit out of the Germans and the Japs then giviving them money to build new stuff while we're stuck with our old crap.
I'm as USA-first as anyone, but let's face it - The Marshall Plan paid off big-time for the US.

As for the trade deficit, the rules of economics apply to the Chinese as much as to the US.  The countries that produce with the lowest labor costs get a flood of money.  That flood of money drives up wages and fuels consumption.  Pretty soon, all that cheap labor isn't so cheap anymore, and it's "next country up".  China keeps trying to mess with the rules by holding down currency value and so on, but that's bubble-gum-and-spit stop-gapping. Eventually, it'll cost more to produce it in China and Africa will get all the outsourced manufacturing.  That and vast resources are why China is pouring huge amounts of effort and money into Africa.  Eventually, it either swings back to the US, or it broadly distributes and lifts all boats.  Or somebody hits the button and we vaporize ourselves.  We're still waiting to see how it plays out.
For a number of reasons.
Seems like as good as any way to check out.....

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #633 on: June 11, 2014, 05:53:51 PM »

Good afternoon guys, it has taken me awhile to finally get caught up with this place.
\\\\Afternoon, Chip. Big question: was it worth it?  ;D
Howdy Dave, it did help to keep me from falling asleep to early. I am so ready for that day off tomorrow.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #634 on: June 11, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »

A red head?  That would do me in for sure.  I just see you spontaneously bursting in a cloud of dust.
LMFAO! Awesome visual!

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #635 on: June 11, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »

Howdy Dave, it did help to keep me from falling asleep to early. I am so ready for that day off tomorrow.
Haha! Glad it was good for something!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #636 on: June 11, 2014, 05:58:05 PM »

For a number of reasons.
Better that most... unless it's because the warden catches you with her...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #637 on: June 11, 2014, 05:59:11 PM »

Why look forward to that... you only have to start mowing the back 40....lol

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #638 on: June 11, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »

For a number of reasons.
Better that most... unless it's because the warden catches you with her...
Valid point, Dave.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #639 on: June 11, 2014, 06:05:44 PM »

The tragic thing is that would happen the moment he was introduced to her.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #640 on: June 11, 2014, 06:12:10 PM »

Heading outta here early today.  Have a great evening, all.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #641 on: June 11, 2014, 06:13:19 PM »

See ya, Yussuf.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #642 on: June 11, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »

Later Joe.... go study!

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #643 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:59 PM »

The tragic thing is that would happen the moment he was introduced to her.
Yeah, once she started running I probably couldn't catch her....dammit.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #644 on: June 11, 2014, 06:15:42 PM »

See ya, Joe.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55