CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 122962 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #600 on: June 11, 2014, 05:16:41 PM »

Nothing like bombing the shit out of the Germans and the Japs then giviving them money to build new stuff while we're stuck with our old crap.
---- Suckers!!  And be sure to ship it to us QUICK, too.  None of this Surepost nonsense.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #601 on: June 11, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »

Nothing like bombing the shit out of the Germans and the Japs then giviving them money to build new stuff while we're stuck with our old crap.
I'm as USA-first as anyone, but let's face it - The Marshall Plan paid off big-time for the US.

As for the trade deficit, the rules of economics apply to the Chinese as much as to the US.  The countries that produce with the lowest labor costs get a flood of money.  That flood of money drives up wages and fuels consumption.  Pretty soon, all that cheap labor isn't so cheap anymore, and it's "next country up".  China keeps trying to mess with the rules by holding down currency value and so on, but that's bubble-gum-and-spit stop-gapping. Eventually, it'll cost more to produce it in China and Africa will get all the outsourced manufacturing.  That and vast resources are why China is pouring huge amounts of effort and money into Africa.  Eventually, it either swings back to the US, or it broadly distributes and lifts all boats.  Or somebody hits the button and we vaporize ourselves.  We're still waiting to see how it plays out.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #602 on: June 11, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »

I'm as USA-first as anyone, but let's face it - The Marshall Plan paid off big-time for the US.

As for the trade deficit, the rules of economics apply to the Chinese as much as to the US.  The countries that produce with the lowest labor costs get a flood of money.  That flood of money drives up wages and fuels consumption.  Pretty soon, all that cheap labor isn't so cheap anymore, and it's "next country up".  China keeps trying to mess with the rules by holding down currency value and so on, but that's bubble-gum-and-spit stop-gapping. Eventually, it'll cost more to produce it in China and Africa will get all the outsourced manufacturing.  That and vast resources are why China is pouring huge amounts of effort and money into Africa.  Eventually, it either swings back to the US, or it broadly distributes and lifts all boats.  Or somebody hits the button and we vaporize ourselves.  We're still waiting to see how it plays out.
Fuggin Rapture, I was all ready and everything!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #603 on: June 11, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »

---- Suckers!!  And be sure to ship it to us QUICK, too.  None of this Surepost nonsense.
Surepost, ugh.  If there is one thing I learned, I don't get the 1day delay with the transition when I ship to a business, but I do when I ship to residential.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #604 on: June 11, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »

Better light up a cigar and por yourself an adult beverage 'cause  we're all gonn die!  Howdy raz you ol' socio-economic BOTL you

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #605 on: June 11, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »

I still had a couple a things to do........

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #606 on: June 11, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »

Like my Xikar cutters and punches.  Currently using a Mayan collection xi3 and the new 11mm punch.  Mikey likely and good afternoon everyone.
Hi MikeY...and all.
Howdy Craig...and Mike.
Afternoon Joe, CG87 and Dusty...
Woof!
and RaZ...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #607 on: June 11, 2014, 05:33:42 PM »

Haha, I hear ya there...I wasn't ready, just trying to act tough in the face of danger.   8)

Good thing there isn't a 14/14/14, otherwise we might have another one on our hands!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #608 on: June 11, 2014, 05:36:16 PM »

Well, there you get into all the extra shit like pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, and you have to decide if you're pre-millennial, post-millennial, or amillenial.  But yeah, we're still waiting to see how it plays out.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
« Reply #609 on: June 11, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »

-----CB-----The word "giviving" is a Yiddish term, similar to "kvetching".  Oy will verify that. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #610 on: June 11, 2014, 05:38:46 PM »

A dusty bucket list?  Afternoon Dave

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #611 on: June 11, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »

-----CB-----The word "giviving" is a Yiddish term, similar to "kvetching".  Oy will verify that.
Oy vey!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #612 on: June 11, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »

Better light up a cigar and por yourself an adult beverage 'cause  we're all gonn die!  Howdy raz you ol' socio-economic BOTL you
Emphasis on the old.  This picture was taken of the warden and I at a graduation banquet.  I'm officially old.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #613 on: June 11, 2014, 05:41:16 PM »

Well, there you get into all the extra shit like pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, and you have to decide if you're pre-millennial, post-millennial, or amillenial.  But yeah, we're still waiting to see how it plays out.
WTF?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #614 on: June 11, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »

I'm out for the night gents, off to see the warden before she works her night shift. 

Smoke up!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55