DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2014, 05:00:30 PM »

I'm getting the fuck out of here.  Working from home tomorrow in order to be able to go to the boys' promotion ceremony. (What a bunch of bullshit!)  I can't even imagine my dad having taken the day off when I graduated from college, other than he was already retired at the time.  Sheesh.  Anyhoo, catch yuz later.  Gonna try to sneak in the stick I didn't get to smoke on my way home yesterday.
Take care, Tony
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »

I'm gonna hit the trail and start cleaning out the NewAir. Gonna take a little work to deodorize. Heartfelt is closed until the 20th but if you place an order during their down time they give a 15% discount. Booyah! I have alternative humidification to get the shelves and drawers seasoned. Later gentlemen!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »

I'm gonna hit the trail and start cleaning out the NewAir. Gonna take a little work to deodorize. Heartfelt is closed until the 20th but if you place an order during their down time they give a 15% discount. Booyah! I have alternative humidification to get the shelves and drawers seasoned. Later gentlemen!
Have fun!

« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »

Like my Xikar cutters and punches.  Currently using a Mayan collection xi3 and the new 11mm punch.  Mikey likely and good afternoon everyone.
Hiya, Mikey!  Glad to see you round these parts.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »

Like my Xikar cutters and punches.  Currently using a Mayan collection xi3 and the new 11mm punch.  Mikey likely and good afternoon everyone.
Hi MikeY...and all.
Afternoon mutt!
...WooF...theres a e-mail your way.
Replied.  Squawk!  Squawk!!

« Reply #590 on: June 11, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »

I'm gonna hit the trail and start cleaning out the NewAir. Gonna take a little work to deodorize. Heartfelt is closed until the 20th but if you place an order during their down time they give a 15% discount. Booyah! I have alternative humidification to get the shelves and drawers seasoned. Later gentlemen!
Have a good night! No kitty litter? ;)

« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »

The cigars you're cutting with the the Xikar aren't made in America...-----jwacky-----Honduras and Nicaragua are no longer in Central America?  When did they move them?  And to where?

Sheesh, you know what I meant!!  United States of America.  North of Mexico, south of Canada.  Pacific Ocean on the left, Atlantic Ocean on the right.
Yeah, but let's face it Joe...when there's an opportunity to zing you, we take it.  Those opportunities aren't that plentiful.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2014, 05:09:13 PM »

The cigars you're cutting with the the Xikar aren't made in America...-----jwacky-----Honduras and Nicaragua are no longer in Central America?  When did they move them?  And to where?

Sheesh, you know what I meant!!  United States of America.  North of Mexico, south of Canada.  Pacific Ocean on the left, Atlantic Ocean on the right.
Yeah, but let's face it Joe...when there's an opportunity to zing you, we take it.  Those opportunities aren't that plentiful.

Plenty of opportunities... everyone's fair game.  Can't handle it?  Don't log in.  Also I can just modify posts if I'm wrong about something, LOL.

« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »

Tim and family spent the last couple of weeks speeding time in Orange Beech, AL.  The beaches got closed for a couple days due to sharks.  The causeway in this clip is literally within walking distance of the condo they were staying.  http://www.weather.com/video/shark-swarm-closes-beach-49710?collid=/video-minutes/great-outdoors  Sheesh on those clowns that dumped the dead fish.

« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »

I'm trying to remember what the general consensus about the Xikars was among this crowd.  Seems like it was, we like the Xi1 and Xi3, but not so much the Xi2.  Do I have that right?
I believe that is correct.  I have a Xi2 and it's ok but seems very plasticky.

I had a Rosewood Xi3 my wife gave me for about 6 or 7 years ago, maybe longer, and it was dulling so sent it back as they do have a great warranty - even covers getting dull.  They quickly replaced it at no charge.  Now the downside is the one I had was Made in U.S.A. but  the new replacement is clearly stamped Made in China.  I am not at all happy about that even though they will still warranty it for life.  Works ok though and feels the same just says the wrong thing if that matters to you.
Why should that matter?  The U.S. is made in China also.  Xikar is just cutting the middleman.  :D

The cigars you're cutting with the the Xikar aren't made in America...

Sure as Phuck not made in China either.
But major parts of Boeing and Airbus jets are, as are many parts of your vehicles.  But I agree with your sentiment.  When I can get things that are US made and they are things I want to last, I buy them.

Especially things made of steel.
Good thing is, we're the #3 steel producer in the world.  That's something.

« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »

Like my Xikar cutters and punches.  Currently using a Mayan collection xi3 and the new 11mm punch.  Mikey likely and good afternoon everyone.
Hi MikeY...and all.
Howdy Craig...and Mike.
Afternoon Joe, CG87 and Dusty...
Woof!

« Reply #596 on: June 11, 2014, 05:14:29 PM »

The cigars you're cutting with the the Xikar aren't made in America...-----jwacky-----Honduras and Nicaragua are no longer in Central America?  When did they move them?  And to where?

Sheesh, you know what I meant!!  United States of America.  North of Mexico, south of Canada.  Pacific Ocean on the left, Atlantic Ocean on the right.
Yeah, but let's face it Joe...when there's an opportunity to zing you, we take it.  Those opportunities aren't that plentiful.

Plenty of opportunities... everyone's fair game.  Can't handle it?  Don't log in.  Also I can just modify posts if I'm wrong about something, LOL.
The Modify is nice, especially for fast and reckless typists such as myself.

« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »

The cigars you're cutting with the the Xikar aren't made in America...-----jwacky-----Honduras and Nicaragua are no longer in Central America?  When did they move them?  And to where?

Sheesh, you know what I meant!!  United States of America.  North of Mexico, south of Canada.  Pacific Ocean on the left, Atlantic Ocean on the right.
Yeah, but let's face it Joe...when there's an opportunity to zing you, we take it.  Those opportunities aren't that plentiful.

Plenty of opportunities... everyone's fair game.  Can't handle it?  Don't log in.  Also I can just modify posts if I'm wrong about something, LOL.
We expect better of you.  When you're wrong, just leave the post there for everyone to see.  It's the manly thing to do.

« Reply #598 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »

Nothing like bombing the shit out of the Germans and the Japs then giviving them money to build new stuff while we're stuck with our old crap.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #599 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »

The cigars you're cutting with the the Xikar aren't made in America...-----jwacky-----Honduras and Nicaragua are no longer in Central America?  When did they move them?  And to where?

Sheesh, you know what I meant!!  United States of America.  North of Mexico, south of Canada.  Pacific Ocean on the left, Atlantic Ocean on the right.
Yeah, but let's face it Joe...when there's an opportunity to zing you, we take it.  Those opportunities aren't that plentiful.

Plenty of opportunities... everyone's fair game.  Can't handle it?  Don't log in.  Also I can just modify posts if I'm wrong about something, LOL.
We expect better of you.  When you're wrong, just leave the post there for everyone to see.  It's the manly thing to do.

I was kidding.  I can take the heat.