CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 122968 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #555 on: June 11, 2014, 04:32:05 PM »

Like my Xikar cutters and punches.  Currently using a Mayan collection xi3 and the new 11mm punch.  Mikey likely and good afternoon everyone.
Howdy CB! Good to see ya!
Well,if ain't the BFF of the banter, BFF hisself.  Afternoon.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #556 on: June 11, 2014, 04:32:05 PM »

Like my Xikar cutters and punches.  Currently using a Mayan collection xi3 and the new 11mm punch.  Mikey likely and good afternoon everyone.

Hey there, Mike.  Been lookin' at an 11mm punch myself, just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #557 on: June 11, 2014, 04:33:41 PM »

Hey there, Mike.  Been lookin' at an 11mm punch myself, just can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
The silly two more mm's makes a difference particularly wityh the larger ring gauges even some of the larger rg churchills.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #558 on: June 11, 2014, 04:39:56 PM »

The silly two more mm's makes a difference particularly wityh the larger ring gauges even some of the larger rg churchills.
For the cigars you smoke Joe, they are about the size of an 11mm!  Do you have a 007?  I just got one a few weeks back, amazing for the coronas.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #559 on: June 11, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »

For the cigars you smoke Joe, they are about the size of an 11mm!  Do you have a 007?  I just got one a few weeks back, amazing for the coronas.

I have an 009, about as big as I can go for anything 40-42rg.  I tend to like a little more open draw, though, so I use a V cutter or guillotine for anything over 46rg. 

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #560 on: June 11, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »

Poor flip was complaing about the non-cigar related banter....as soon as he left it been almost all cigar related. Fuckin' funny how shit like that works out.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #561 on: June 11, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »

Poor flip was complaing about the non-cigar related banter....as soon as he left it been almost all cigar related. Fuckin' funny how shit like that works out.
Amazing the different # of topics hit in a day!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #562 on: June 11, 2014, 04:46:23 PM »

I'm trying to remember what the general consensus about the Xikars was among this crowd.  Seems like it was, we like the Xi1 and Xi3, but not so much the Xi2.  Do I have that right?
I believe that is correct.  I have a Xi2 and it's ok but seems very plasticky.

I had a Rosewood Xi3 my wife gave me for about 6 or 7 years ago, maybe longer, and it was dulling so sent it back as they do have a great warranty - even covers getting dull.  They quickly replaced it at no charge.  Now the downside is the one I had was Made in U.S.A. but  the new replacement is clearly stamped Made in China.  I am not at all happy about that even though they will still warranty it for life.  Works ok though and feels the same just says the wrong thing if that matters to you.
Why should that matter?  The U.S. is made in China also.  Xikar is just cutting the middleman.  :D

The cigars you're cutting with the the Xikar aren't made in America...

Sure as Phuck not made in China either.
But major parts of Boeing and Airbus jets are, as are many parts of your vehicles.  But I agree with your sentiment.  When I can get things that are US made and they are things I want to last, I buy them.

Especially things made of steel.

Baby Face Finster

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Sorry about that!
« Reply #563 on: June 11, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »

Yeah Mikey! Somehow or another Tony let me in. Well after I passed the written test and the obstacle course.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #564 on: June 11, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »

The silly two more mm's makes a difference particularly with the larger ring gauges even some of the larger rg churchills.

I have an 009, about as big as I can go for anything 40-42rg.  I tend to like a little more open draw, though, so I use a V cutter or guillotine for anything over 46rg.
The extra 2mm makes a difference and no, I don't get a cut from Xikar.  Howdy

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #565 on: June 11, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

All one has to do is bring up the topic...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #566 on: June 11, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »

Yeah Mikey! Somehow or another Tony let me in. Well after I passed the written test and the obstacle course.
Even a Founding Member, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #567 on: June 11, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »

The silly two more mm's makes a difference particularly with the larger ring gauges even some of the larger rg churchills.

Yep, I'm sure it does.  7mm was way too small for my liking.  +2mm, much better.  Add another 2mm and I could probably use it for everything. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #568 on: June 11, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »

Yep, I'm sure it does.  7mm was way too small for my liking.  +2mm, much better.  Add another 2mm and I could probably use it for everything.
I liked it just for the fact that I dont have to be as precise about ripping off the cap on a corona, lancero, etc...now I can punch it like a would use a 009 on a robusto

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #569 on: June 11, 2014, 04:50:41 PM »

All one has to do is bring up the topic...
Indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55