CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 122944 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »

Heading out for a bit.  Later five stars!
Later, Dave
Lose 1 and gain 1...Dave swap!
Trying to maintain balance....
Don't make us start bustin balls again!
How's AZ? 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #511 on: June 11, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »

I'm trying to remember what the general consensus about the Xikars was among this crowd.  Seems like it was, we like the Xi1 and Xi3, but not so much the Xi2.  Do I have that right?
I believe that is correct.  I have a Xi2 and it's ok but seems very plasticky.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #512 on: June 11, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »

I'm trying to remember what the general consensus about the Xikars was among this crowd.  Seems like it was, we like the Xi1 and Xi3, but not so much the Xi2.  Do I have that right?-----raz-----Xi1 is the mid-grade, Xi3 is the top-grade, and Xi2 is the el cheapo.
I thought that's what I remembered.

The blades themselves are the same on all three. Says so right in the descriptions on Xikars site. Xi1 is steel. Xi2 is plastic. Xi3, bunch of different exotic options. I have the xi1.
Well fuck me.  I swear I checked back when I got mine and there was a difference in the steel quality.  Granted that was 3-4years ago, so things may have changed since then...

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #513 on: June 11, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »

I'm trying to remember what the general consensus about the Xikars was among this crowd.  Seems like it was, we like the Xi1 and Xi3, but not so much the Xi2.  Do I have that right?-----raz-----Xi1 is the mid-grade, Xi3 is the top-grade, and Xi2 is the el cheapo.

The blades themselves are the same on all three. Says so right in the descriptions on Xikars site. Xi1 is steel. Xi2 is plastic. Xi3, bunch of different exotic options. I have the xi1.
Well fuck me.  I swear I checked back when I got mine and there was a difference in the steel quality.  Granted that was 3-4years ago, so things may have changed since then...

Description for all them states: Xi cutter blades are all made of high-quality 440 stainless steel with an HRC of 57.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #514 on: June 11, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »

Later, Dave
How's AZ?
Hotter n' hell, bro.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #515 on: June 11, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »

Description for all them states: Xi cutter blades are all made of high-quality 440 stainless steel with an HRC of 57.
Yeah I just checked those, hmm...well i'll GFM for the 2nd time

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »

Later, Dave
How's AZ?
Hotter n' hell, bro.
High in the low 60s today...BUT IT'S 80% HUMIDITY! ;)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #517 on: June 11, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »

It may have changed at some point in time. Wouldn't surprise me.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #518 on: June 11, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

Not so fast there, Two Stars.  These things consist of moving parts.  Seems I remember discussion that the Xi2 wasn't well aligned or didn't stay that way or something.  Joe, what say ye about that?  And by Joe I mean everybody else too.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #519 on: June 11, 2014, 03:52:26 PM »

Not so fast there, Two Stars.  These things consist of moving parts.  Seems I remember discussion that the Xi2 wasn't well aligned or didn't stay that way or something.  Joe, what say ye about that?
YEAH! (puffs chest out and throws Gurk at Joe) :)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #520 on: June 11, 2014, 03:55:24 PM »

Not so fast there, Two Stars.  These things consist of moving parts.  Seems I remember discussion that the Xi2 wasn't well aligned or didn't stay that way or something.  Joe, what say ye about that?
YEAH! (puffs chest out and throws Gurk at Joe) :)
Hmm...smart move to throw a Gurkha at Joe.  First, you're rid of a Gurkha.  Second, if he throws a cigar back at you, it's guaranteed to be a lot better than a Gurkha else Joe wouldn't have it.  Third, if he doesn't throw a cigar back at you, you're still rid of a Gurkha.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #521 on: June 11, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »

I'm trying to remember what the general consensus about the Xikars was among this crowd.  Seems like it was, we like the Xi1 and Xi3, but not so much the Xi2.  Do I have that right?

I had a Rosewood Xi3 my wife gave me for about 6 or 7 years ago, maybe longer, and it was dulling so sent it back as they do have a great warranty - even covers getting dull.  They quickly replaced it at no charge.  Now the downside is the one I had was Made in U.S.A. but  the new replacement is clearly stamped Made in China.  I am not at all happy about that even though they will still warranty it for life.  Works ok though and feels the same just says the wrong thing if that matters to you.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #522 on: June 11, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »

Afternoon gents, plenty hot down here!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #523 on: June 11, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »

I need a break from reading.. bbl (maybe)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #524 on: June 11, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »

I had a Rosewood Xi3 my wife gave me for about 6 or 7 years ago, maybe longer, and it was dulling so sent it back as they do have a great warranty - even covers getting dull.  They quickly replaced it at no charge.  Now the downside is the one I had was Made in U.S.A. but  the new replacement is clearly stamped Made in China.  I am not at all happy about that even though they will still warranty it for life.  Works ok though and feels the same just says the wrong thing if that matters to you.
That's a good point...maybe that's when they made the switch! 

Good afternoon!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55