CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 122924 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »

I received my new Holt's catalog, and there's a sale on Camacoh's (old band.)  20 cigar sampler for $59.95, also Connecitut Monarca 5x50's box of 20 for $59.95...

Interesting... really like those connies.  Might grab some more.  Thanks!

See?  Suck it, Flip!
Buncha 5star suckers!

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #421 on: June 11, 2014, 02:19:57 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Not true.  I saw something about new warhead coming out at IPCPR or something like that.
And I responded to that.....

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #422 on: June 11, 2014, 02:20:40 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.

High expenses, I guess.  I was wondering if it was something that's cheaper there than everywhere else... forget the price tag on the Baby Blue. $50ish?  Give or take $5.  Brimstone was definitely more expensive.  $60 is a LOT for American whiskey.  It's a lot for any whiskey, but you can many great bourbons/ryes for less than $30.  Heck, less than $20 in a lot of cases.

Give us you TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!

Evan Williams White label (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Old Fitzgerald (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Very Old Barton (100 proof, BiB)... Wild Turkey 101... Four Roses (Yellow Label).  Do not confuse any of these with their lower proof 'relatives'.  WT101 far superior to WT 81, EWW far superior to the cheaper black label, etc.

Honorable mentions:

Heaven Hill BiB
Old Grand Dad BiB
Larceny
Damn, now I need to make a run to the liquor store..
The first three I listed are under $15.
So far I can't locate any of the first three in Washington.  Still looking, though.

Yeah, some may be available only in certain regions.  EWW was only released nationally early this year, give it time.  The rest I can get at BevMo or order online.  You should definitely be able to get the WT101, Larceny, and Four Roses there, though.

Of course, with your crazy taxes on booze up there you won't walk outta the store with ANY booze for under $20.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #423 on: June 11, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »

I received my new Holt's catalog, and there's a sale on Camacoh's (old band.)  20 cigar sampler for $59.95, also Connecitut Monarca 5x50's box of 20 for $59.95...

See?  Suck it, Flip!
is it just me or is Joe a little OTR today?
It's you  (LHF)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #424 on: June 11, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »

See?  Suck it, Flip!
Just calling ya out.  Whiskey tasting last night.  Need some hair o' the dog whenever Mark's finished with it.  Now GFY.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #425 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

Not true.  I saw something about new warhead coming out at IPCPR or something like that.
Sarcasm flies over their heads, and they get touchy.... BTW, OTR is On The Rag.... it's his time of the month.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #426 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »

This town is getting too rough for me! I'm outta here.

Hazzuh!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #427 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »

What's up, kiddies?

Sarcasm flies over their heads, and they get touchy.... BTW, OTR is On The Rag.... it's his time of the month.
Everything flies over my head.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #428 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:09 PM »

What's up, kiddies?

Well, BD did say he would like to hit the Olson Twins.
Thanks Bean...!
Not me, those girls look a little too hungry.   I'd be afraid for my parts.

sfish

« Reply #429 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »

What's up, kiddies?

Not true!  Camacho sale at Holts.  If you want to talk about cigars, bring up the topic.  Not that hard.
right Breaking News, and you gave BD shit about it... TRO put up a nice jpeg/gif...
Go read back and you'll see that I mentioned wanting to get more.  Don't get me mixed up with that douche, Scott.
you are right, you are a completely different douche than Scott.  I couldn't resist the low hanging fruit,
I had to go for that one.  It's all OK from this side Joe, and you know, you are my go to authority on bourbons and brown spirits.
flip, speaking of low hanging fruit, I have a pair of dangling plums for you

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #430 on: June 11, 2014, 02:24:08 PM »

See?  Suck it, Flip!
Just calling ya out.  Whiskey tasting last night.  Need some hair o' the dog whenever Mark's finished with it.  Now GFY.
you made it to the whisky tasting? I thought you had a conflict with the class you ere taking...  great, hope you enjoyed it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #431 on: June 11, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

We're gonna have to bitch at the admin to put up a page of acronyms.  Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #432 on: June 11, 2014, 02:24:51 PM »

This town is getting too rough for me! I'm outta here.

Hazzuh!
Later, Dave.  Enjoy the day off.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #433 on: June 11, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »

What's up, kiddies?

Got some work to do...I'll be back for some more of your awesome wit in a bit!  ;)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #434 on: June 11, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »

What's up, kiddies?

Not true!  Camacho sale at Holts.  If you want to talk about cigars, bring up the topic.  Not that hard.
right Breaking News, and you gave BD shit about it... TRO put up a nice jpeg/gif...
Go read back and you'll see that I mentioned wanting to get more.  Don't get me mixed up with that douche, Scott.
you are right, you are a completely different douche than Scott.  I couldn't resist the low hanging fruit,
I had to go for that one.  It's all OK from this side Joe, and you know, you are my go to authority on bourbons and brown spirits.
flip, speaking of low hanging fruit, I have a pair of dangling plums for you
wait, i'll go get an aluminium baseball bat. I find that knocks them off the tree rather easily.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55