jswaykos

« Reply #405 on: June 11, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[

Not true!  Camacho sale at Holts.  If you want to talk about cigars, bring up the topic.  Not that hard.

« Reply #406 on: June 11, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Well, BD did say he would like to hit the Olson Twins.

« Reply #407 on: June 11, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[

Not true!  Camacho sale at Holts.  If you want to talk about cigars, bring up the topic.  Not that hard.
TWSS.  To someone else.

« Reply #408 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Been more than a few.
Well, he can always go back and look, I was trying to soften the blow...
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #409 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »

Mmmmmm, Obsidian Tins for $24.99... I thought it said, "Olsen Twins..!"

Can't say I'm particularly excited about the cigar itself but I like that companies have started to release smaller cigars in the past 6-12 or so.  Ortega Minis, La Bomba Sake Bomb, various Room 101s in their papi chulo sizes... Papas Fritas...

« Reply #410 on: June 11, 2014, 02:13:11 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Been more than a few.
just 1 page for the 50ct guys :)

« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2014, 02:13:15 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[

Not true!  Camacho sale at Holts.  If you want to talk about cigars, bring up the topic.  Not that hard.
right Breaking News, and you gave BD shit about it... TRO put up a nice jpeg/gif...
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #412 on: June 11, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[

Not true!  Camacho sale at Holts.  If you want to talk about cigars, bring up the topic.  Not that hard.
right Breaking News, and you gave BD shit about it... TRO put up a nice jpeg/gif...
Go read back and you'll see that I mentioned wanting to get more.  Don't get me mixed up with that douche, Scott.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #413 on: June 11, 2014, 02:16:31 PM »

Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #414 on: June 11, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »

I received my new Holt's catalog, and there's a sale on Camacoh's (old band.)  20 cigar sampler for $59.95, also Connecitut Monarca 5x50's box of 20 for $59.95...

Interesting... really like those connies.  Might grab some more.  Thanks!

See?  Suck it, Flip!

« Reply #415 on: June 11, 2014, 02:17:41 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[

Not true!  Camacho sale at Holts.  If you want to talk about cigars, bring up the topic.  Not that hard.
right Breaking News, and you gave BD shit about it... TRO put up a nice jpeg/gif...
Go read back and you'll see that I mentioned wanting to get more.  Don't get me mixed up with that douche, Scott.
you are right, you are a completely different douche than Scott.  I couldn't resist the low hanging fruit,
I had to go for that one.  It's all OK from this side Joe, and you know, you are my go to authority on bourbons and brown spirits.

« Reply #416 on: June 11, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.

High expenses, I guess.  I was wondering if it was something that's cheaper there than everywhere else... forget the price tag on the Baby Blue. $50ish?  Give or take $5.  Brimstone was definitely more expensive.  $60 is a LOT for American whiskey.  It's a lot for any whiskey, but you can many great bourbons/ryes for less than $30.  Heck, less than $20 in a lot of cases.

Give us you TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!

Evan Williams White label (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Old Fitzgerald (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Very Old Barton (100 proof, BiB)... Wild Turkey 101... Four Roses (Yellow Label).  Do not confuse any of these with their lower proof 'relatives'.  WT101 far superior to WT 81, EWW far superior to the cheaper black label, etc.

Honorable mentions:

Heaven Hill BiB
Old Grand Dad BiB
Larceny
Damn, now I need to make a run to the liquor store..
The first three I listed are under $15.
So far I can't locate any of the first three in Washington.  Still looking, though.

« Reply #417 on: June 11, 2014, 02:18:07 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Not true.  I saw something about new warhead coming out at IPCPR or something like that.   But I guess that could have been a few pages back at this point.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #418 on: June 11, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Well, BD did say he would like to hit the Olson Twins.
Thanks Bean...!

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #419 on: June 11, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »

I received my new Holt's catalog, and there's a sale on Camacoh's (old band.)  20 cigar sampler for $59.95, also Connecitut Monarca 5x50's box of 20 for $59.95...

Interesting... really like those connies.  Might grab some more.  Thanks!

See?  Suck it, Flip!
is it just me or is Joe a little OTR today?