CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 122989 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #390 on: June 11, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »

How the hell is a half corona a churchill?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #391 on: June 11, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »

Mmmmmm, Obsidian Tins for $24.99... I thought it said, "Olsen Twins..!"

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #392 on: June 11, 2014, 01:55:38 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.
Andy, MWebers friend, was just talking them up...said they make some pretty amazing schitt
You can refer to him by name if you'd like.
True, just clarifyin for the non-FBers :) ANDY STEWART!
Do you pronounce that Mmmmmweber or EMWeber? Always wondered?  ;D

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #393 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.

High expenses, I guess.  I was wondering if it was something that's cheaper there than everywhere else... forget the price tag on the Baby Blue. $50ish?  Give or take $5.  Brimstone was definitely more expensive.  $60 is a LOT for American whiskey.  It's a lot for any whiskey, but you can many great bourbons/ryes for less than $30.  Heck, less than $20 in a lot of cases.

Give us your TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!
hurry up!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #394 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »

High expenses, I guess.  I was wondering if it was something that's cheaper there than everywhere else... forget the price tag on the Baby Blue. $50ish?  Give or take $5.  Brimstone was definitely more expensive.  $60 is a LOT for American whiskey.  It's a lot for any whiskey, but you can many great bourbons/ryes for less than $30.  Heck, less than $20 in a lot of cases.

Give us you TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!

Evan Williams White label (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Old Fitzgerald (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Very Old Barton (100 proof, BiB)... Wild Turkey 101... Four Roses (Yellow Label).  Do not confuse any of these with their lower proof 'relatives'.  WT101 far superior to WT 81, EWW far superior to the cheaper black label, etc.

Honorable mentions:

Heaven Hill BiB
Old Grand Dad BiB
Larceny

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #395 on: June 11, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »

Andy, MWebers friend, was just talking them up...said they make some pretty amazing schitt
em-MFin-Weber

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »

moo-webber.  Cram the m and the w in to one sound.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #397 on: June 11, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »

em-MFin-Weber
LOL! Ok...

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2014, 02:02:48 PM »

Give us your TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!
hurry up!
I can only think of two,  Fighting Cock, and Evan Williams.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #399 on: June 11, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »

Evan Williams White label (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Old Fitzgerald (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Very Old Barton (100 proof, BiB)... Wild Turkey 101... Four Roses (Yellow Label).  Do not confuse any of these with their lower proof 'relatives'.  WT101 far superior to WT 81, EWW far superior to the cheaper black label, etc.

Honorable mentions:

Heaven Hill BiB
Old Grand Dad BiB
Larceny
Damn, now I need to make a run to the liquor store..

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #400 on: June 11, 2014, 02:06:02 PM »

What's up, kiddies?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #401 on: June 11, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »

Honorable mentions:

Heaven Hill BiB
Old Grand Dad BiB
Larceny
The first three I listed are under $15. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #402 on: June 11, 2014, 02:06:13 PM »

Honorable mentions:

Heaven Hill BiB
Old Grand Dad BiB
Larceny
Empowerment!  Enabling!   my kind of buzzwords

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #403 on: June 11, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #404 on: June 11, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Been more than a few.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55