« Reply #390 on: June 11, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »

How the hell is a half corona a churchill?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #391 on: June 11, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »

Mmmmmm, Obsidian Tins for $24.99... I thought it said, "Olsen Twins..!"
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #392 on: June 11, 2014, 01:55:38 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.
Andy, MWebers friend, was just talking them up...said they make some pretty amazing schitt
You can refer to him by name if you'd like.
True, just clarifyin for the non-FBers :) ANDY STEWART!
Do you pronounce that Mmmmmweber or EMWeber? Always wondered?  ;D

« Reply #393 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.

High expenses, I guess.  I was wondering if it was something that's cheaper there than everywhere else... forget the price tag on the Baby Blue. $50ish?  Give or take $5.  Brimstone was definitely more expensive.  $60 is a LOT for American whiskey.  It's a lot for any whiskey, but you can many great bourbons/ryes for less than $30.  Heck, less than $20 in a lot of cases.

Give us your TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!
hurry up!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #394 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.

High expenses, I guess.  I was wondering if it was something that's cheaper there than everywhere else... forget the price tag on the Baby Blue. $50ish?  Give or take $5.  Brimstone was definitely more expensive.  $60 is a LOT for American whiskey.  It's a lot for any whiskey, but you can many great bourbons/ryes for less than $30.  Heck, less than $20 in a lot of cases.

Give us you TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!

Evan Williams White label (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Old Fitzgerald (100 proof, Bottled in Bond)... Very Old Barton (100 proof, BiB)... Wild Turkey 101... Four Roses (Yellow Label).  Do not confuse any of these with their lower proof 'relatives'.  WT101 far superior to WT 81, EWW far superior to the cheaper black label, etc.

Honorable mentions:

Heaven Hill BiB
Old Grand Dad BiB
Larceny

« Reply #395 on: June 11, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.
Andy, MWebers friend, was just talking them up...said they make some pretty amazing schitt
You can refer to him by name if you'd like.
True, just clarifyin for the non-FBers :) ANDY STEWART!
Do you pronounce that Mmmmmweber or EMWeber? Always wondered?  ;D
em-MFin-Weber
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.
Andy, MWebers friend, was just talking them up...said they make some pretty amazing schitt
You can refer to him by name if you'd like.
True, just clarifyin for the non-FBers :) ANDY STEWART!
Do you pronounce that Mmmmmweber or EMWeber? Always wondered?  ;D
moo-webber.  Cram the m and the w in to one sound.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #397 on: June 11, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.
Andy, MWebers friend, was just talking them up...said they make some pretty amazing schitt
You can refer to him by name if you'd like.
True, just clarifyin for the non-FBers :) ANDY STEWART!
Do you pronounce that Mmmmmweber or EMWeber? Always wondered?  ;D
em-MFin-Weber
LOL! Ok...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2014, 02:02:48 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.
I'm a fan of the Brimstone.  Eveything in their line is on the pricey side, though.

High expenses, I guess.  I was wondering if it was something that's cheaper there than everywhere else... forget the price tag on the Baby Blue. $50ish?  Give or take $5.  Brimstone was definitely more expensive.  $60 is a LOT for American whiskey.  It's a lot for any whiskey, but you can many great bourbons/ryes for less than $30.  Heck, less than $20 in a lot of cases.

Give us your TOP 5 bourbons for under $20... GO!
hurry up!
I can only think of two,  Fighting Cock, and Evan Williams.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #399 on: June 11, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »

[...]

Damn, now I need to make a run to the liquor store..

« Reply #400 on: June 11, 2014, 02:06:02 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #401 on: June 11, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »

[...]

The first three I listed are under $15.

« Reply #402 on: June 11, 2014, 02:06:13 PM »

[...]

Empowerment!  Enabling!   my kind of buzzwords

« Reply #403 on: June 11, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[

« Reply #404 on: June 11, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »

What's up, kiddies?
We are making our favorite cheap bourbon lists, and lists of our least favorite buzzwords.  Oh yeah and pronunciation ::) guides.

I don't think they have talked about cigars in a few pages... :-[
Been more than a few.