CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 123019 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »

Mark - speaking of 'new' distilleries, I finally got around to trying something from Balcones the other day, the Baby Blue.  Pretty good!  I definitely want to try their True Blue cask strength.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »

Good deal here boys http://www.amazon.com/Sipping-Stones-Chilling-Carrying-Soapstone/dp/B005D78RPU/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_1842_11a3059d?smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=09QAYZJHA06FBYAMVXKW&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1725241842
Word, but none of us are pinky lifters.  But agreed, like chilled wine, same shit different pile.
Just my two cents on these... they don't work.  Best way to chill whiskey, should you so desire, is to just chill your glass.  Or a very small amount of ice. 

IMO, no offense, that whole deal.
Chilled glass is my preference, but the stones give off a nice sophisticated look...like hey, there's a rock in my glass!
To that I would argue that a sophisticated spirit/spririt drinker shouldn't be chilled/want to chill their drink in the first place!  It mutes flavors.  Now if you're filling a tumbler with rum and ice in the summer (or whenever), that's a whole different story.
See, this is why you're 2-stars.
Fucking thing, fuck...I think it's mad at me.  Maybe something when a post is revised while replying to it...whofugginknows
Just gotta make sure you scroll ALL the way down before you start typing.
Can someone write me a manual? After I read it an pass a test maybe I can get to 3 or 4 stars...still not getting on my knees tho...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »

Good deal here boys http://www.amazon.com/Sipping-Stones-Chilling-Carrying-Soapstone/dp/B005D78RPU/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_1842_11a3059d?smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=09QAYZJHA06FBYAMVXKW&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1725241842

Just my two cents on these... they don't work.  Best way to chill whiskey, should you so desire, is to just chill your glass.  Or a very small amount of ice. 

Chilled glass is my preference, but the stones give off a nice sophisticated look...like hey, there's a rock in my glass!
To that I would argue that a sophisticated spirit/spririt drinker shouldn't be chilled/want to chill their drink in the first place!  It mutes flavors.  Now if you're filling a tumbler with rum and ice in the summer (or whenever), that's a whole different story. 

MODIFY:  To each their own, of course.  No wrong way to enjoy your whiskey.  If you like it with ice or water, add ice or water.  Who cares what anyone else thinks, anyway?
How bout this potential whiskey shortage...buncha schmucks running those companies!

I'm not buying it.  New distilleries popping up all the time.  Supplies may be limited right now because it's so popular, but you're crazy if you think they're not doing everything they can to make more.  It takes time.  Can't make a four year old bourbon in six months.

Lots of bottlers are now distilling their own, too.  Willet's own rye will be on shelves in a month or two.

Whiskey, and specifically bourbon, is booming right now.  Stuff that was widely available just two or three years ago is now allocated and you need to get on a wait list to obtain. Ebbs and flows.
Just trying to pump up demand, probably. Create a fear that it's going away, everyone will start buying up. That's my non-buzzword opinion.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »

MODIFY:  To each their own, of course.  No wrong way to enjoy your whiskey.  If you like it with ice or water, add ice or water.  Who cares what anyone else thinks, anyway?
Sophisticated?  Who gives a schitt about being sophisticated?  I buy my whiskey in a box. Fits good next to the wine.
LOL, used to have to take the bag outta the box in my first apartment, only way to fit it in the fridge.

Baby Face Finster

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Sorry about that!
« Reply #364 on: June 11, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »

Word, but none of us are pinky lifters.  But agreed, like chilled wine, same shit different pile.

WHS
Sheesh! bunch o' fucking bullies around here. Glad I'm not a troll. Or a plain bellied Sneetch. :)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #365 on: June 11, 2014, 01:37:19 PM »

Sophisticated?  Who gives a schitt about being sophisticated?  I buy my whiskey in a box. Fits good next to the wine.
I'm just gonna start  buying that dehydrated whiskey and sprinkle it in my beer.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #366 on: June 11, 2014, 01:38:16 PM »

I received my new Holt's catalog, and there's a sale on Camacoh's (old band.)  20 cigar sampler for $59.95, also Connecitut Monarca 5x50's box of 20 for $59.95...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #367 on: June 11, 2014, 01:38:18 PM »

WHS
Sheesh! bunch o' fucking bullies around here. Glad I'm not a troll. Or a plain bellied Sneetch. :)
Cause everyone knows the star-bellied Sneetch is the best kind of Sneetch on the beach.

sfish

« Reply #368 on: June 11, 2014, 01:41:03 PM »

I received my new Holt's catalog, and there's a sale on Camacoh's (old band.)  20 cigar sampler for $59.95, also Connecitut Monarca 5x50's box of 20 for $59.95...
Thanks for the info BD, in similar news we invented the automobile and landed a man on the moon

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #369 on: June 11, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »

Interesting... really like those connies.  Might grab some more.  Thanks!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #370 on: June 11, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »

WHS

Or a non-Founding Member 2star!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2014, 01:42:35 PM »

Thanks for the info BD, in similar news we invented the automobile and landed a man on the moon
Sheesh.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
Well, technically I'm in advertising.  Little bit different but nobody cares.

The problem is that everyone now just focuses on creating new buzzwords, and none of them have any meaning any more.  Or by the time they gain steam and DO have meaning, everyone's moved on to something else.  Just get tired of being pitched them all the time by the latest and greatest start up company who has revolutionized the way people use the internet!!!!!  Buzzword buzzword buzzword SALES! PROFIT! 

Hearing "social media" is like nails on a chalkboard.
  :) you need IT buzzwords: "big Data", "Cloud", Business Intelligence, etc, etc, etc.
Agile, TCO, ROI...
Cloud and Remote Access are always 2 of my favorites now-a-days
don't forget BYOD..

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »

Sheesh.
Buncha ball busters, not ball washers!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2014, 01:43:52 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55