CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 122943 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
Well, technically I'm in advertising.  Little bit different but nobody cares.

The problem is that everyone now just focuses on creating new buzzwords, and none of them have any meaning any more.  Or by the time they gain steam and DO have meaning, everyone's moved on to something else.  Just get tired of being pitched them all the time by the latest and greatest start up company who has revolutionized the way people use the internet!!!!!  Buzzword buzzword buzzword SALES! PROFIT! 

Hearing "social media" is like nails on a chalkboard.
I like buzzwords though.  I know in the first sentence whether someone is full of shit or not and whether I need to listen to anything they are saying.
You forgot to say "at the end of the day.."
paradigm shift, core competency, Buy-In, Swim lane, Empower, Drinking the Kool-aid, moving the needle, Tiger teams, Corporate values, Best Practices, Think outside the box, Leverage, Drill Down, Synergize, Take Offline, Peel the Onion....I could go on, but I think I'll just go take a dump instead...
Drinking Kool-aid and Tiger Teams, my dad loved using those on our ERP rollout...bringing back memories there.  Best Practices, what a joke...if it's the best, then fuckin do it!(morons) and Take Offline, our consultants love that, aka: stop blowing me up in this meeting and do it in private :)
hashtag, trending... sheesh.  Horse is almost dead, just a few more kicks...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.

The problem is that everyone now just focuses on creating new buzzwords, and none of them have any meaning any more.  Or by the time they gain steam and DO have meaning, everyone's moved on to something else.  Just get tired of being pitched them all the time by the latest and greatest start up company who has revolutionized the way people use the internet!!!!!  Buzzword buzzword buzzword SALES! PROFIT! 

I like buzzwords though.  I know in the first sentence whether someone is full of shit or not and whether I need to listen to anything they are saying.
paradigm shift, core competency, Buy-In, Swim lane, Empower, Drinking the Kool-aid, moving the needle, Tiger teams, Corporate values, Best Practices, Think outside the box, Leverage, Drill Down, Synergize, Take Offline, Peel the Onion....I could go on, but I think I'll just go take a dump instead...
Drinking Kool-aid and Tiger Teams, my dad loved using those on our ERP rollout...bringing back memories there.  Best Practices, what a joke...if it's the best, then fuckin do it!(morons) and Take Offline, our consultants love that, aka: stop blowing me up in this meeting and do it in private :)
hashtag, trending... sheesh.  Horse is almost dead, just a few more kicks...
#finishhim

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »

Isn't that what you just did?
Well yea, but I meant a "value added" one.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2014, 01:14:30 PM »

Good deal here boys http://www.amazon.com/Sipping-Stones-Chilling-Carrying-Soapstone/dp/B005D78RPU/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_1842_11a3059d?smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=09QAYZJHA06FBYAMVXKW&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1725241842

Just my two cents on these... they don't work.  Best way to chill whiskey, should you so desire, is to just chill your glass.  Or a very small amount of ice. 

IMO, no offense, that whole deal.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2014, 01:16:12 PM »

paradigm shift, core competency, Buy-In, Swim lane, Empower, Drinking the Kool-aid, moving the needle, Tiger teams, Corporate values, Best Practices, Think outside the box, Leverage, Drill Down, Synergize, Take Offline, Peel the Onion....I could go on, but I think I'll just go take a dump instead...-----TD-----You left out "pick the low hanging fruit". 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »

Good deal here boys http://www.amazon.com/Sipping-Stones-Chilling-Carrying-Soapstone/dp/B005D78RPU/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_1842_11a3059d?smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=09QAYZJHA06FBYAMVXKW&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1725241842

Just my two cents on these... they don't work.  Best way to chill whiskey, should you so desire, is to just chill your glass.  Or a very small amount of ice. 

Gotta agree. I got something similar, though plastic on the outside, I have no idea what these are. Didn't hardly work at all. Don't use them anymore.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »

Gotta agree. I got something similar, though plastic on the outside, I have no idea what these are. Didn't hardly work at all. Don't use them anymore.

Take it for what it was... a 2-Star tip.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »

Chilled glass is my preference, but the stones give off a nice sophisticated look...like hey, there's a rock in my glass!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2014, 01:21:35 PM »

God damnit! :)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »

Exactly.  Looks good until that stone hits you on the teeth...

Threebean

« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »

And yeah, Joe, I'm cranky.  Need a hit of Midol.

More hair of the dog that bit you?  At the end of the day, it is what it is.  Let me know if a PowerPoint slide or two would be a more exciting way to share the HotD solution with you.  I can send it through the cloud or via social media networks.
Thank you, that's a good take-away.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »

Chilled glass is my preference, but the stones give off a nice sophisticated look...like hey, there's a rock in my glass!
To that I would argue that a sophisticated spirit/spririt drinker shouldn't be chilled/want to chill their drink in the first place!  It mutes flavors.  Now if you're filling a tumbler with rum and ice in the summer (or whenever), that's a whole different story. 

MODIFY:  To each their own, of course.  No wrong way to enjoy your whiskey.  If you like it with ice or water, add ice or water.  Who cares what anyone else thinks, anyway?

Threebean

« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »

They don't do schit except cause someone to ask "what are those, and how do they work?"

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2014, 01:27:13 PM »

Word, but none of us are pinky lifters.  But agreed, like chilled wine, same shit different pile.

To that I would argue that a sophisticated spirit/spririt drinker shouldn't be chilled/want to chill their drink in the first place!  It mutes flavors.  Now if you're filling a tumbler with rum and ice in the summer (or whenever), that's a whole different story.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55