CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55

Author Topic: 6/11/2014  (Read 123008 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
Well, technically I'm in advertising.  Little bit different but nobody cares.

The problem is that everyone now just focuses on creating new buzzwords, and none of them have any meaning any more.  Or by the time they gain steam and DO have meaning, everyone's moved on to something else.  Just get tired of being pitched them all the time by the latest and greatest start up company who has revolutionized the way people use the internet!!!!!  Buzzword buzzword buzzword SALES! PROFIT! 

Hearing "social media" is like nails on a chalkboard.
  :) you need IT buzzwords: "big Data", "Cloud", Business Intelligence, etc, etc, etc.
Agile, TCO, ROI...

Baby Face Finster

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Sorry about that!
« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:34 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
this cigar tastes like skittles! :D
Must be a new Gurkha!  ;D
You should see the band and the box!  Laser holograms, fireworks, dancing girls...
That's good enough for me. Where can I get 'em?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »

Hey Fishy, did you see that Warhead II is scheduled for IPCPR?
Yes I saw that, changing the size a bit. You know I'll be interested
Along with a coffee flavored Nub. Get your BILs some of those!
Ha! Right? I hope they appreciate how difficult it is to catch the Tabaks on the jam since they're spoiled now with the $4ea price tag. I should be getting something out of this deal
Those new NUB(non-NUBs) coffees are intriguing...I will have to sample those
where are you seeing them?
http://halfwheel.com/nub-cafe-oliva-ipcpr-2014/60665
Good job on the NUBs noob!
He's gonna earn that 3rd star any day now.
:-[ :'(

Threebean

« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2014, 12:55:04 PM »

The problem is that everyone now just focuses on creating new buzzwords, and none of them have any meaning any more.  Or by the time they gain steam and DO have meaning, everyone's moved on to something else.  Just get tired of being pitched them all the time by the latest and greatest start up company who has revolutionized the way people use the internet!!!!!  Buzzword buzzword buzzword SALES! PROFIT! 

I like buzzwords though.  I know in the first sentence whether someone is full of shit or not and whether I need to listen to anything they are saying.
You forgot to say "at the end of the day.."

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »

:) you need IT buzzwords: "big Data", "Cloud", Business Intelligence, etc, etc, etc.
Agile, TCO, ROI...
Cloud and Remote Access are always 2 of my favorites now-a-days

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »

20 Oliva Saison torpedo
          10/34.99
19 Acid Kuba Kuba robusto
           5/24.50
18 Torano Noventa robusto
          10/24.50
17 Don Pepin Garcia Blue toro
           5/22.50
16 Gurkha Masterbater Select  robusto 67% savings
          10/27.50
15 L'Atelier Surrogates Tramp Stamp
           5/27.50
14 Devils Brew III Sampler toro
           8/25.00
13 Camacho Liberty perfecto
           1/14.99
12 Oliva Serie G Maduro torpedo
          10/32.50
11 Diesel Hair of the Dog toro
          10/34.99
10 Sam Leccia Luchador toro
          5/27.50
 9 Drew Estates Cafe Con Leche belicoso
          10/39.50
 8 Sam Leccia Black robusto
          5/24.50
 7 Torano Exodus Silver Double Perfecto
         10/39.99
 6 Don Pepin Garcia Legado de Pepin Toro
          5/19.99
 5 CAO Italia Novella
         10/34.99
 4 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 3 Man O' War Robusto
 2 E.P. Carrillo New Wave Brillantes
         10/29.99
 1 Diamond Crown Julius Caeser
          3/32.75

Threebean

« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2014, 12:56:42 PM »

And yeah, Joe, I'm cranky.  Need a hit of Midol.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #322 on: June 11, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »

I like buzzwords though.  I know in the first sentence whether someone is full of shit or not and whether I need to listen to anything they are saying.
We just need to get on the same page, and start reading from the same playbook.  We need more burn-down and less backlog.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #323 on: June 11, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »

I Prefer about a 10mg of Fukitol to help me through the rough spots.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2014, 12:59:44 PM »

More hair of the dog that bit you?  At the end of the day, it is what it is.  Let me know if a PowerPoint slide or two would be a more exciting way to share the HotD solution with you.  I can send it through the cloud or via social media networks. 

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »

I thought he was OTR!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2014, 01:05:57 PM »

paradigm shift, core competency, Buy-In, Swim lane, Empower, Drinking the Kool-aid, moving the needle, Tiger teams, Corporate values, Best Practices, Think outside the box, Leverage, Drill Down, Synergize, Take Offline, Peel the Onion....I could go on, but I think I'll just go take a dump instead...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »

Thought it was something like that...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »

paradigm shift, core competency, Buy-In, Swim lane, Empower, Drinking the Kool-aid, moving the needle, Tiger teams, Corporate values, Best Practices, Think outside the box, Leverage, Drill Down, Synergize, Take Offline, Peel the Onion....I could go on, but I think I'll just go take a dump instead...
Drinking Kool-aid and Tiger Teams, my dad loved using those on our ERP rollout...bringing back memories there.  Best Practices, what a joke...if it's the best, then fuckin do it!(morons) and Take Offline, our consultants love that, aka: stop blowing me up in this meeting and do it in private :)

Baby Face Finster

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Sorry about that!
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »

Isn't that what you just did?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55