« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
this cigar tastes like skittles! :D
Creamy gobs of skittles?

« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »

Hey Fishy, did you see that Warhead II is scheduled for IPCPR?
Yes I saw that, changing the size a bit. You know I'll be interested
Along with a coffee flavored Nub. Get your BILs some of those!
Ha! Right? I hope they appreciate how difficult it is to catch the Tabaks on the jam since they're spoiled now with the $4ea price tag. I should be getting something out of this deal
Those new NUB(non-NUBs) coffees are intriguing...I will have to sample those
where are you seeing them?
http://halfwheel.com/nub-cafe-oliva-ipcpr-2014/60665
Good job on the NUBs noob!
He's gonna earn that 3rd star any day now.
Soon as he gets him some knee pads.
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
You're supposed to respond to the subliminal bits. What's wrong with you man?
He works for a marketing/promotional firm. He is immune to the subliminal bits...
I had that part if my brain deadened as well. We've come a good way since the simple CEBUS techniques of the 50's and 60's.

« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
this cigar tastes like skittles! :D
Creamy gobs of skittles?
Taste the rainbow.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:07 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
Well, technically I'm in advertising.  Little bit different but nobody cares.

The problem is that everyone now just focuses on creating new buzzwords, and none of them have any meaning any more.  Or by the time they gain steam and DO have meaning, everyone's moved on to something else.  Just get tired of being pitched them all the time by the latest and greatest start up company who has revolutionized the way people use the internet!!!!!  Buzzword buzzword buzzword SALES! PROFIT!

Hearing "social media" is like nails on a chalkboard.
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
this cigar tastes like skittles! :D
Must be a new Gurkha!  ;D

« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2014, 12:48:30 PM »

[...]

Step 1: underpants
Step 2:
Step 3: profit!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2014, 12:48:33 PM »

[...]

Guess after working in this industry just makes it incredibly easy to see through all the bullshit.  And when another marketing/advertising company pitches their services to another marketing/advertising, it's kinda awkward because one party is skeptical of everything single thing the other is saying... because we know you're lying!

« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2014, 12:48:36 PM »

[...]

  :) you need IT buzzwords: "big Data", "Cloud", Business Intelligence, etc, etc, etc.

« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
this cigar tastes like skittles! :D
Must be a new Gurkha!  ;D
You should see the band and the box!  Laser holograms, fireworks, dancing girls...
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2014, 12:51:10 PM »

[...]

Phase one: Collect underpants.
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: PROFIT!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »

Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
this cigar tastes like skittles! :D
Creamy gobs of skittles?
Taste the rainbow.
Oh no, fuck no....I leave that shit to you guys.....
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/11/2014
« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »

[...]

Knew you'd beat me to it Dave.

« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »

 :D
Oof, got sucked in to a webinar on... something.  Mobile Apps or mobile marketing or something.  Why do people think PowerPoints are effective/creative?  And enough with one slide after another filled with nothing but buzzwords.
Come on, you're in marketing....you know buzzwords are a necessity, just like describing cigars with every flavor of the rainbow.
this cigar tastes like skittles! :D
Creamy gobs of skittles?
Taste the rainbow.
Oh no, fuck no....I leave that shit to you guys.....
+1  :D

« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »

[...]

I like buzzwords though.  I know in the first sentence whether someone is full of shit or not and whether I need to listen to anything they are saying.