jswaykos

« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #362 on: June 05, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »

22 Man O' War Limited Toro Grande Gordo
                  10/39.99
21 Shuriken Cutter
                   1/15.00
20 Liga Privada Undercrown Belicoso
                   5/27.50
19 Partagas Cifuentes Diciembre
                  10/29.50
18 CAO America
                   3/16.99
17 Rocky Patel Signature
                  10/34.99
16 L'Atelier Surrogates Animal Cracker Gordo
                  5/34.99
15 Alec Bradley Flight Sampler No. 2
                 10/34.99
14 El Centurion Robusto
                  5/27.50
13 Varina Farms Breakfast Blend Toro
                 10/29.99
12 601 Serie Green Habano Oscuro
                 10/37.50
11 Perdomo ESV 2002 Natural Epicure Toro
                 5/27.50
10 Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve Churchill
                10/34.99
 9 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No.58 Gordo
                 5/22.50
 8 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Toro
                10/37.50
 7 Tatuaje El Triunfador No.2 Belicoso
                5/27.50
 6 CAO Brazilia Gol
               10/38.99
 5 Padilla 1932 Torpedo
                5/24.50
 4 Gurkha Symphony Grand Rothschild
               10/32.50
 3 AVO Domaine Robusto Toro
                5/29.50
 2 Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
               10/39.99
 1 Flor de LasAntillas
                5/27.50
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #364 on: June 05, 2014, 05:28:26 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #365 on: June 05, 2014, 05:29:37 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
I could do that....he said he'll be over.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Wish I had a friend to smoke with. Just kidding, there's Dan.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »

The Quintero Londres really is one of the best $2 smokes I've had.

They're only a year old but they smoke well--yeah,  they show some rough edges, but not all that much.  And they look like cheaper cigars, rough wrappers, sloppy caps.  No real major imperfections, though--just very rustic.  Draw tends to be a little on the tight side but they burn straight, produce plenty of smoke, and have solid enough ash.  And like almost all of the Cubans I've had, it has a slow burn rate.

Starts off with a mild straight tobacco, some faint notes of orange peel and some wood.  Ramps up pretty quickly, adding a bold tobacco/dark chocolate/coffee flavor, some pepper, and keeping the general woodiness and orange notes here and there.  Being young (and/or also tripa corta) the body and flavor strength sometimes waft around a little bit.  Sometimes it gets more peppery, sometimes it gets creamier and woodier, sometimes it goes all bold Cuban tobacco with spices dancing on the tongue.

But those flavor shifts really aren't all that bad--keeps things interesting and none of the changes have been bad.  It isn't like it just goes flat mild or turns bitter or gets full of ammonia.  Just not 100% predictable how it will evolve as it smokes just yet.  Could age out, could be part of the mixed filler experience.

This particular cigar has the mild start, slightly creamy sweet tobacco, hints of wood and citrus.   Then it ramped up with peppery dark tobacco notes, a real espresso type flavor coming through before it backed off for about an inch.  Rich full bodied tobacco, some woody accents, dark chocolate.  Started to add back in some pepper, that jumped up and then smoothed back down, woody notes, citrus, and on and on it'll go.

A great buy at $2, imo.  Sure, it isn't as good as the long filler, tier 1 smokes...but it's also $5-10 a stick cheaper.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2014, 06:02:18 PM »

23 Joya de Nicaragua Rosalones 448 Consul Robusto
                   10/27.50
[...]

« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Wish I had a friend to smoke with. Just kidding, there's Dan.
He occasionally brings cold beer,too.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Wish I had a friend to smoke with. Just kidding, there's Dan.
He occasionally brings cold beer,too.
Dan's the newest member of Atlantic's VIP program, by the way.  Could've just split a membership with him if he'd asked, but whatever.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Wish I had a friend to smoke with. Just kidding, there's Dan.
He occasionally brings cold beer,too.
Dan's the newest member of Atlantic's VIP program, by the way.  Could've just split a membership with him if he'd asked, but whatever.
Spreading his wings.....

« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Wish I had a friend to smoke with. Just kidding, there's Dan.
He occasionally brings cold beer,too.
Dan's the newest member of Atlantic's VIP program, by the way.  Could've just split a membership with him if he'd asked, but whatever.
He was afraid you'd bite his head off and tell him to go get his own fucking membership.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #373 on: June 05, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Wish I had a friend to smoke with. Just kidding, there's Dan.
He occasionally brings cold beer,too.
Dan's the newest member of Atlantic's VIP program, by the way.  Could've just split a membership with him if he'd asked, but whatever.
He was afraid you'd bite his head off and tell him to go get his own fucking membership.
LOL, maybe that's it.  We've split orders many times.  I'm all about reducing my shipping costs!

« Reply #374 on: June 05, 2014, 06:24:12 PM »

So... Dave... you gonna smoke that Luchador tonight?
I kinda doubt it but you never know.....
Make Jason try it first.
Wish I had a friend to smoke with. Just kidding, there's Dan.
He occasionally brings cold beer,too.
Dan's the newest member of Atlantic's VIP program, by the way.  Could've just split a membership with him if he'd asked, but whatever.
He was afraid you'd bite his head off and tell him to go get his own fucking membership.
LOL, maybe that's it.  We've split orders many times.  I'm all about reducing my shipping costs!
I think you made out.  He paid for it but you can still split the membership.