« Reply #330 on: June 05, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »

going to be leaving shortly, take train from NYC to NJ, get my car, and then drive to Staten Island(about 20 miles), to pic up my mom for the weekend.  Saturday is daughters dance recital.  see you guys tomorrow.
Take care Flip.  My daughters also have their recital on Saturday.  I guess it's just that time of year?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #331 on: June 05, 2014, 04:43:03 PM »

That's strange, this one I didn't have to open in order to see the animation.  Probably because this is just a link to a URL?

Right. Just put the url of the gif in the code brackets "Insert Image"... same as a pic.

The attachment is great from images on a local, not the interwebz.

No clicking... ;)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #332 on: June 05, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
I was wondering that too.....once everyone (that is going to) migrates over here where will new members come from?
Settle down, Dave, it's just phase one!  Not that we regularly had new members sign up at the banter in the first place.

« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
I was wondering that too.....once everyone (that is going to) migrates over here where will new members come from?
We're building it so that they will come.  Have faith.

« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
You really could still ask, what the free shipping code is.  You just have to specify which vendor...
Also,  this is not a linked url from some vendors web site You know, click here to get to joe cigar banter...
Besides, you have most of the interesting folks already...  You don't need 4,000 members of which 30 to 40 are the active core members.

« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
I was wondering that too.....once everyone (that is going to) migrates over here where will new members come from?
Settle down, Dave, it's just phase one!  Not that we regularly had new members sign up at the banter in the first place.
Yeah, since I first signed on to the banter in Dec 2012, I think there have been a grand total of four new people that actually became regular participants.

« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
I was wondering that too.....once everyone (that is going to) migrates over here where will new members come from?
We're building it so that they will come.  Have faith.
Are we sure we want them too?  We could just pick and choose people to invite after they audition on the Banter.  You know, because we're snobs and all.

« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »

going to be leaving shortly, take train from NYC to NJ, get my car, and then drive to Staten Island(about 20 miles), to pic up my mom for the weekend.  Saturday is daughters dance recital.  see you guys tomorrow.
Take care Flip.  My daughters also have their recital on Saturday.  I guess it's just that time of year?
  Locker school of dance? should I bring cigars?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #338 on: June 05, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
I was wondering that too.....once everyone (that is going to) migrates over here where will new members come from?
Settle down, Dave, it's just phase one!  Not that we regularly had new members sign up at the banter in the first place.
I'm cool.

« Reply #339 on: June 05, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
I was wondering that too.....once everyone (that is going to) migrates over here where will new members come from?
Settle down, Dave, it's just phase one!  Not that we regularly had new members sign up at the banter in the first place.
Yeah, since I first signed on to the banter in Dec 2012, I think there have been a grand total of four new people that actually became regular participants.
http://www.wavlist.com/movies/079/fd-build.wav
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #340 on: June 05, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Sorry for my manners, good afternoon gentleman.
Joe, I took your comment on face value, wondering if this is some new euphemism - tatoo sucking.
I had to read back to get the context.
Aha.
Just stopped by a local sandwich/pizza place which carries an exotic variety of bottled beer and has a small bar with a similar rotating variety of drafts ... and guess what, today they have Southern Tier Choklat Stout, as well as some other great brews.  My head was spinning from 3 samples, thought I'd better come home and eat lunch before going back.  Only bad thing, no smoking on the  chained off patio area.  Sheesh.
Scott sent me a bottle of the ST Chocklat... so good!  Easily one of my favorites since I've gone balls-to-the-wall with my beer consumption.  Really wish we got that out here!  And it's always hard to make recommendations because I never know what's available here but not somewhere else.  So it'll be some beer that EVERYONE out here raves about (say, Alpine Nelson), but most people outside of southern California haven't heard of it unless they're really tied in to the craft beer world.
A friend of mine, sometimes does catering/serving jobs on the side and will call when she needs an extra set of hands, either for serving or bartending.  Two weekends ago we did an event which was a postponed wedding reception (wedding took place in Guatemala) and I bartended for the most part.  A good part of the bride's family came from California for the event, including the bride's grandmother, who said she was from San Diego and was well aware of local microbreweries, incl. Stone which she lives near.  We were serving a couple of Port City (Alexandria, VA) products on tap (Monumental IPA and Optimal Wit).
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2014, 04:52:49 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

One good think about CI's banter was the potential for new members since the site was visited so much to begin with.  Lots of bad comes with that, too, of course.

But if I stumbled in to this site somehow I'd have no clue what was going on.  Couldn't even break the ice with a "What's the free shipping code?"  Nothing to have shipped.
I was wondering that too.....once everyone (that is going to) migrates over here where will new members come from?
Settle down, Dave, it's just phase one!  Not that we regularly had new members sign up at the banter in the first place.
Yeah, since I first signed on to the banter in Dec 2012, I think there have been a grand total of four new people that actually became regular participants.
http://www.wavlist.com/movies/079/fd-build.wav
Is this heaven?

« Reply #342 on: June 05, 2014, 04:53:27 PM »

going to be leaving shortly, take train from NYC to NJ, get my car, and then drive to Staten Island(about 20 miles), to pic up my mom for the weekend.  Saturday is daughters dance recital.  see you guys tomorrow.
Take care Flip.  My daughters also have their recital on Saturday.  I guess it's just that time of year?
  Locker school of dance? should I bring cigars?
No, that's not it.  But gun to my head I couldn't tell ya what the name of the school is right now.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #343 on: June 05, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »

21 Shuriken Cutter
                   1/15.00
20 Liga Privada Undercrown Belicoso
                   5/27.50
19 Partagas Cifuentes Diciembre
                  10/29.50
18 CAO America
                   3/16.99
17 Rocky Patel Signature
                  10/34.99
16 L'Atelier Surrogates Animal Cracker Gordo
                  5/34.99
15 Alec Bradley Flight Sampler No. 2
                 10/34.99
14 El Centurion Robusto
                  5/27.50
13 Varina Farms Breakfast Blend Toro
                 10/29.99
12 601 Serie Green Habano Oscuro
                 10/37.50
11 Perdomo ESV 2002 Natural Epicure Toro
                 5/27.50
10 Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve Churchill
                10/34.99
 9 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No.58 Gordo
                 5/22.50
 8 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Toro
                10/37.50
 7 Tatuaje El Triunfador No.2 Belicoso
                5/27.50
 6 CAO Brazilia Gol
               10/38.99
 5 Padilla 1932 Torpedo
                5/24.50
 4 Gurkha Symphony Grand Rothschild
               10/32.50
 3 AVO Domaine Robusto Toro
                5/29.50
 2 Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
               10/39.99
 1 Flor de LasAntillas
                5/27.50

« Reply #344 on: June 05, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »

[...]

Better!