CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: 6/5/2014  (Read 96079 times)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2014, 04:01:16 PM »

Excuse me, got some stuff to do.  Hoping to have a cigar and brew outdoors ASAP.

glassken

« Reply #286 on: June 05, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Communism, Cuba versus China, lack of manufacturing in the U.S, blah blah blah.  I wasn't really listening because I was busy throwing poo.
Did you make sure to wash your hands before touching it?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
Sorry for my manners, good afternoon gentleman.
Joe, I took your comment on face value, wondering if this is some new euphemism - tatoo sucking.
I had to read back to get the context.
Aha.
Just stopped by a local sandwich/pizza place which carries an exotic variety of bottled beer and has a small bar with a similar rotating variety of drafts ... and guess what, today they have Southern Tier Choklat Stout, as well as some other great brews.  My head was spinning from 3 samples, thought I'd better come home and eat lunch before going back.  Only bad thing, no smoking on the  chained off patio area.  Sheesh.
Scott sent me a bottle of the ST Chocklat... so good!  Easily one of my favorites since I've gone balls-to-the-wall with my beer consumption.  Really wish we got that out here!  And it's always hard to make recommendations because I never know what's available here but not somewhere else.  So it'll be some beer that EVERYONE out here raves about (say, Alpine Nelson), but most people outside of southern California haven't heard of it unless they're really tied in to the craft beer world.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #288 on: June 05, 2014, 04:02:51 PM »

...Just stopped by a local sandwich/pizza place which carries an exotic variety of bottled beer and has a small bar with a similar rotating variety of drafts ... and guess what, today they have Southern Tier Choklat Stout...
On tap?  I'd love to try that!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #289 on: June 05, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »

Someone is sucking tattoos? Weird.

glassken

« Reply #290 on: June 05, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »

Excuse me, got some stuff to do.  Hoping to have a cigar and brew outdoors ASAP.
Me too. Nap time!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #291 on: June 05, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »

That's New Jersey for ya.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #292 on: June 05, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »

Communism, Cuba versus China, lack of manufacturing in the U.S, blah blah blah.  I wasn't really listening because I was busy throwing poo.
332174.gif
Oh, friggin' cool... The animation actually worked when I clicked the image.  I must have enabled something because I was testing that yesterday.  Wonder what it was?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #293 on: June 05, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #294 on: June 05, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »

Among the reasons Cuba has lost its lawsuits is that its entire cigar industry is built on assets that were seized from private owners.  Judges in countries under the rule of law have a real problem with plaintiffs who want to invoke the rule of law outside their borders while historically and actively dismissing the rule of law within their borders.

I suppose I can understand that.  "Hey, Altadis is stealing our name!"  Hey, fucker, you stole it, too.  Zip it.  Case dismissed.
Which, as I'm looking at what I can find on the case law, is pretty much it.  That, and the legal doctrine that says "No one in the US is going to think a cigar for sale in the US with the name 'Cohiba' is from Cuba, because everyone knows Cuban cigars can't be sold in the US.

This, of course, sounds utterly ridiculous, but has a sort of perverse logic.
No, we legally buy Cohiba cigars, from the Dominican Republic.  Have you seen the new Bacardi commercial, how they left Cuba, when the state took over the rum distilleries, and went elsewhere to make their families rum
Alberto, who is that beautiful woman with you in the photo ... your lovely wife?
  No she is wax, from Madame Toussouds Wax museum here in NY! but the wife did take the picture.  I think she was one of Charlies Angels.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »

Among the reasons Cuba has lost its lawsuits is that its entire cigar industry is built on assets that were seized from private owners.  Judges in countries under the rule of law have a real problem with plaintiffs who want to invoke the rule of law outside their borders while historically and actively dismissing the rule of law within their borders.

I suppose I can understand that.  "Hey, Altadis is stealing our name!"  Hey, fucker, you stole it, too.  Zip it.  Case dismissed.
Which, as I'm looking at what I can find on the case law, is pretty much it.  That, and the legal doctrine that says "No one in the US is going to think a cigar for sale in the US with the name 'Cohiba' is from Cuba, because everyone knows Cuban cigars can't be sold in the US.

No, we legally buy Cohiba cigars, from the Dominican Republic.  Have you seen the new Bacardi commercial, how they left Cuba, when the state took over the rum distilleries, and went elsewhere to make their families rum
Alberto, who is that beautiful woman with you in the photo ... your lovely wife?
  No she is wax, from Madame Toussouds Wax museum here in NY! but the wife did take the picture.  I think she was one of Charlies Angels.
had a another photo of me with James Brown and Albert Einstein, but Golda Meir in the background, photobombing was a bit much.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #296 on: June 05, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »

332174.gif
Oh, friggin' cool... The animation actually worked when I clicked the image.  I must have enabled something because I was testing that yesterday.  Wonder what it was?
Oh my....that could open up a whole new level of perversion.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #297 on: June 05, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #298 on: June 05, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »

Jaclyn Smith....

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #299 on: June 05, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »

19 Partagas Cifuentes Diciembre
                  10/29.50
18 CAO America
                   3/16.99
17 Rocky Patel Signature