SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2014, 04:01:16 PM »

Excuse me, got some stuff to do.  Hoping to have a cigar and brew outdoors ASAP.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #286 on: June 05, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Communism, Cuba versus China, lack of manufacturing in the U.S, blah blah blah.  I wasn't really listening because I was busy throwing poo.
Did you make sure to wash your hands before touching it?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Sorry for my manners, good afternoon gentleman.
Joe, I took your comment on face value, wondering if this is some new euphemism - tatoo sucking.
I had to read back to get the context.
Aha.
Just stopped by a local sandwich/pizza place which carries an exotic variety of bottled beer and has a small bar with a similar rotating variety of drafts ... and guess what, today they have Southern Tier Choklat Stout, as well as some other great brews.  My head was spinning from 3 samples, thought I'd better come home and eat lunch before going back.  Only bad thing, no smoking on the  chained off patio area.  Sheesh.
Scott sent me a bottle of the ST Chocklat... so good!  Easily one of my favorites since I've gone balls-to-the-wall with my beer consumption.  Really wish we got that out here!  And it's always hard to make recommendations because I never know what's available here but not somewhere else.  So it'll be some beer that EVERYONE out here raves about (say, Alpine Nelson), but most people outside of southern California haven't heard of it unless they're really tied in to the craft beer world.

« Reply #288 on: June 05, 2014, 04:02:51 PM »

...Just stopped by a local sandwich/pizza place which carries an exotic variety of bottled beer and has a small bar with a similar rotating variety of drafts ... and guess what, today they have Southern Tier Choklat Stout...
On tap?  I'd love to try that!

« Reply #289 on: June 05, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Someone is sucking tattoos? Weird.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #290 on: June 05, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »

Excuse me, got some stuff to do.  Hoping to have a cigar and brew outdoors ASAP.
Me too. Nap time!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #291 on: June 05, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Someone is sucking tattoos? Weird.
That's New Jersey for ya.

« Reply #292 on: June 05, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Communism, Cuba versus China, lack of manufacturing in the U.S, blah blah blah.  I wasn't really listening because I was busy throwing poo.
Did you make sure to wash your hands before touching it?
332174.gif
Oh, friggin' cool... The animation actually worked when I clicked the image.  I must have enabled something because I was testing that yesterday.  Wonder what it was?

« Reply #293 on: June 05, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Someone is sucking tattoos? Weird.
Don't knock it till you've tried it!

« Reply #294 on: June 05, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »

Among the reasons Cuba has lost its lawsuits is that its entire cigar industry is built on assets that were seized from private owners.  Judges in countries under the rule of law have a real problem with plaintiffs who want to invoke the rule of law outside their borders while historically and actively dismissing the rule of law within their borders.

I suppose I can understand that.  "Hey, Altadis is stealing our name!"  Hey, fucker, you stole it, too.  Zip it.  Case dismissed.
Which, as I'm looking at what I can find on the case law, is pretty much it.  That, and the legal doctrine that says "No one in the US is going to think a cigar for sale in the US with the name 'Cohiba' is from Cuba, because everyone knows Cuban cigars can't be sold in the US.

This, of course, sounds utterly ridiculous, but has a sort of perverse logic.
No, we legally buy Cohiba cigars, from the Dominican Republic.  Have you seen the new Bacardi commercial, how they left Cuba, when the state took over the rum distilleries, and went elsewhere to make their families rum
Alberto, who is that beautiful woman with you in the photo ... your lovely wife?
  No she is wax, from Madame Toussouds Wax museum here in NY! but the wife did take the picture.  I think she was one of Charlies Angels.

« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »

[...]

had a another photo of me with James Brown and Albert Einstein, but Golda Meir in the background, photobombing was a bit much.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #296 on: June 05, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »

It's as if you were all at my lunch table today.  I swear we were talking about the exact same things.
The Tattoo sucking, or Cuba?
Communism, Cuba versus China, lack of manufacturing in the U.S, blah blah blah.  I wasn't really listening because I was busy throwing poo.
Did you make sure to wash your hands before touching it?
332174.gif
Oh, friggin' cool... The animation actually worked when I clicked the image.  I must have enabled something because I was testing that yesterday.  Wonder what it was?
Oh my....that could open up a whole new level of perversion.

« Reply #297 on: June 05, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »

No new members today, WTF?  I guess this thing was just a passing fad. :'(
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #298 on: June 05, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »

[...]

Jaclyn Smith....
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #299 on: June 05, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »

19 Partagas Cifuentes Diciembre
                  10/29.50
18 CAO America
                   3/16.99
17 Rocky Patel Signature
                  10/34.99
16 L'Atelier Surrogates Animal Cracker Gordo
                  5/34.99
15 Alec Bradley Flight Sampler No. 2
                 10/34.99
14 El Centurion Robusto
                  5/27.50
13 Varina Farms Breakfast Blend Toro
                 10/29.99
12 601 Serie Green Habano Oscuro
                 10/37.50
11 Perdomo ESV 2002 Natural Epicure Toro
                 5/27.50
10 Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve Churchill
                10/34.99
 9 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No.58 Gordo
                 5/22.50
 8 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Toro
                10/37.50
 7 Tatuaje El Triunfador No.2 Belicoso