CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: 6/5/2014  (Read 96061 times)

glassken

Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »

Hey, Joe. All the Unico Serie is restricted from the 20% coupon. That's what I was pissing about yesterday. (the cart) :(
Weird thing is, when I adde an older one that I've had saved in my cart for months from a previous Jam, the code works.  Typical CI wackiness.

Well, I'm glad it works for someone. Fuckin' CI... I'd have bought more shit, dumbasses.

I'm sure it was the "our prices are already so low, we'd be losing money" excuse for the restricted list.
Well, I can't speak for them, but I think a lot of that sort of thing is mandated by the manufacturer.  CI chooses to word it stupidly, like they're some kinda hero, but it's not always their 'fault'.

I remember when I interned with a minor league baseball team and I was working as a fill-in Director of Merchandising while they were hiring someone else.  I tried clearing out all sorts of old shit with old logos and whatnot just to bring in cash from stuff that was just collecting dust in the warehouse.  One of my 'blowout' items were New Era fitted hats.  Can't remember what I was asking for them but it was real low, like $10.  Someone from NE must've seen it because I got a nasty letting saying I was not to sell this particular product below a certain dollar amount or they'd pull the account entirely.  Called it price integrity or something like that?  Basically didn't want to be associated with a "cheap" hat.

Understand. Just CI bashing... cause we can.
Yes we can!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2014, 12:36:10 PM »

Just bought some backordered NRs from CI with SAVE.  Now I feel better.  Time to take on the world! later guys.

Go get 'em, Maduro.

Famous had 5 bundles of those last week and I picked one up. They are already B/O there too. CI gives you a 15/Sampler vs. Free shipping at Famous.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »

Afternoon, Ken.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2014, 12:38:20 PM »

14 El Centurion Robusto
                    5/27.50
13 Varina Farms Breakfast Blend Toro
                  10/29.99
12 601 Serie Green Habano Oscuro
                  10/37.50
11 Perdomo ESV 2002 Natural Epicure Toro
                  5/27.50
10 Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve Churchill
                 10/34.99
 9 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No.58 Gordo
                  5/22.50
 8 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Toro
                 10/37.50
 7 Tatuaje El Triunfador No.2 Belicoso
                 5/27.50
 6 CAO Brazilia Gol
               10/38.99
 5 Padilla 1932 Torpedo
                5/24.50
 4 Gurkha Symphony Grand Rothschild
               10/32.50
 3 AVO Domaine Robusto Toro
                5/29.50
 2 Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
               10/39.99
 1 Flor de LasAntillas
                5/27.50

glassken

« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2014, 12:39:33 PM »

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »

Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Time to smoke this Lancero I picked up from a sampler, operation smoke down continues.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2014, 12:52:15 PM »

Hey, Joe. All the Unico Serie is restricted from the 20% coupon. That's what I was pissing about yesterday. (the cart) :(
Weird thing is, when I adde an older one that I've had saved in my cart for months from a previous Jam, the code works.  Typical CI wackiness.

Well, I'm glad it works for someone. Fuckin' CI... I'd have bought more shit, dumbasses.

I'm sure it was the "our prices are already so low, we'd be losing money" excuse for the restricted list.
Well, I can't speak for them, but I think a lot of that sort of thing is mandated by the manufacturer.  CI chooses to word it stupidly, like they're some kinda hero, but it's not always their 'fault'.

I remember when I interned with a minor league baseball team and I was working as a fill-in Director of Merchandising while they were hiring someone else.  I tried clearing out all sorts of old shit with old logos and whatnot just to bring in cash from stuff that was just collecting dust in the warehouse.  One of my 'blowout' items were New Era fitted hats.  Can't remember what I was asking for them but it was real low, like $10.  Someone from NE must've seen it because I got a nasty letting saying I was not to sell this particular product below a certain dollar amount or they'd pull the account entirely.  Called it price integrity or something like that?  Basically didn't want to be associated with a "cheap" hat.

Understand. Just CI bashing... cause we can.
Yes we can!
Morning, Ken.  How the heck are you?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »

Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Time to smoke this Lancero I picked up from a sampler, operation smoke down continues.

Hey, Chip. Only had the Std. Reserve, not the Habana... and that was a pretty mild smoke, but decent flavor.

Give us the verdict.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »

Hey, Chip. Only had the Std. Reserve, not the Habana... and that was a pretty mild smoke, but decent flavor.

Give us the verdict.
Mild for sure, I really like the ISOKW's much better.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »

Give us the verdict.
Apples and oranges, as you know, not even the same company.  Can you imagine the legal battles there'd be if the embargo were ever lifted?! 

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »

click the picture and it enlarges..... Wow!  gotta try that on an avatar.

glassken

« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2014, 01:14:10 PM »

Give us the verdict.
Apples and oranges, as you know, not even the same company.  Can you imagine the legal battles there'd be if the embargo were ever lifted?!
"When" is the key word!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »

Give us the verdict.
"When" is the key word!
It'll be a shit show, that's for sure.  Morning/afternoon, Ken!

glassken

« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »

Give us the verdict.
"When" is the key word!
It'll be a shit show, that's for sure.  Morning/afternoon, Ken!
I think it will be very interesting, actually! Hope it does not put too many cigar companies out of biz, but market economy and all. Morning, Joe! (afternoon here)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »

Good for you then. You are never too old to go back. My dad went back for his masters when he was @ 50. He had some doubts in doing it because of his age. He was talking with a close friend about it, and he said " I'm already 50, I'll be 54 by the time I get this finished going part time". He friend answered, "How old will you be in 4 years if you DON'T do it?"

That simplicity sealed it for him and he started the next month.
Love the rationale.  I've been talking about it since I received my bachelors.  This topic has come up twice more, separate from the banter, over the last week.  I honestly don't know how I would find the time but I may have to look into it again.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33