jswaykos

« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2014, 11:41:20 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  Concrete pouring day yesterday, so no banter time.  What'd I miss?
\\\\Just got here.....mornin' Bret. Jam at CI
And it's now easier than ever to just go back and read through the drivel from past days, should you want to for some bizarr-o reason.
Uh, you mean here or at CI?
Here.  Sorry, I'm a little out of it today.  Two consecutive late nights for me, gonna need a steady diet of caffeine and nicotine to make it through the evening.  Must be what it feels like on a crab fishing boat in Alaska.
Well, minus the hypothermia and the awareness that you could be maimed or killed in a heartbeat...yeah.
Right?  But that's the only difference.  Otherwise, same thing.  Ha!  Always said I'd love to tag along for a fishing trip but would need a guarantee that I wouldn't be seriously injured or killed.  Basically, I'd want to sit in the cabin and smoke cigars with the captain the whole time.
The pitching of the boat plays havoc with smoking.  If you want to smoke with the captain, come up to Seattle for a visit some July.  We'll take you out sailing.  It's warmer, more sun, you don't have to spend the first few days puking, and we stock better booze and cigars than you'll get on a fishing boat.  And if you want, we can give you the tour of fisherman's terminal, where at that time of year you can see the boats from the tv show.
Sounds much nicer.  Actually have been thinking about a quick getaway to Seattle with the wife.  Alaska airlines flies there for pretty cheap when they run specials.  Often think about going to some 'random' town they fly to just for the sake of doing it.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »

Hey, Joe. All the Unico Serie is restricted from the 20% coupon. That's what I was pissing about yesterday. (the cart) :(
Weird thing is, when I adde an older one that I've had saved in my cart for months from a previous Jam, the code works.  Typical CI wackiness.

Well, I'm glad it works for someone. Fuckin' CI... I'd have bought more shit, dumbasses.

I'm sure it was the "our prices are already so low, we'd be losing money" excuse for the restricted list.
Well, I can't speak for them, but I think a lot of that sort of thing is mandated by the manufacturer.  CI chooses to word it stupidly, like they're some kinda hero, but it's not always their 'fault'.

I remember when I interned with a minor league baseball team and I was working as a fill-in Director of Merchandising while they were hiring someone else.  I tried clearing out all sorts of old shit with old logos and whatnot just to bring in cash from stuff that was just collecting dust in the warehouse.  One of my 'blowout' items were New Era fitted hats.  Can't remember what I was asking for them but it was real low, like $10.  Someone from NE must've seen it because I got a nasty letting saying I was not to sell this particular product below a certain dollar amount or they'd pull the account entirely.  Called it price integrity or something like that?  Basically didn't want to be associated with a "cheap" hat.

Understand. Just CI bashing... cause we can.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »

[...]

Sorry, didn't mean to go stick-in-the-mud on ya.  I know what you're saying.  "Lowest price allowed by law" is such a stupid way of wording it.  Marketing, sheesh.  I don't read the writes up at most other sites because they don't throw it in my face as much as CI does.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  Concrete pouring day yesterday, so no banter time.  What'd I miss?
\\\\Just got here.....mornin' Bret. Jam at CI
And it's now easier than ever to just go back and read through the drivel from past days, should you want to for some bizarr-o reason.
Indeed,  why would you want to!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  Concrete pouring day yesterday, so no banter time.  What'd I miss?
\\\\Just got here.....mornin' Bret. Jam at CI
And it's now easier than ever to just go back and read through the drivel from past days, should you want to for some bizarr-o reason.
Indeed,  why would you want to!
I have no idea why people go back and read through previous conversations.  I mean, sure, I suppose there are interesting nuggets to be found but it's a bit stalker-ish, no?  Akin to listening in on a phone conversation.  To each their own, though.  I suppose it's more entertaining reading than, say, a textbook.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »

[...]

Hey, It's all good. Like I said, I'm glad it works for someone. I'd have used it on 3 of the PF deals alone.

Why you up so late anyway? You taking night classes now?
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:33 AM »

Good morning everyone.  Thursdays the worst day for me, when I start to burn out and the glory of friday hasn't filled my heart with promises of sleep and cigars.  I keep on telling myself I want to work in the cigar industry, but I don't think those guys have it any better.  They probably have to deal with more ignorant douches than I do.

I was going to smoke a pinolero last night, but then passed out on the couch instead.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:36 AM »

[...]

Yeah, figure I may as well collect a paycheck while I'm back in school, ya know?  Also trying stay 'ahead' so I can still kinda have weekends off.  Now I get why I never saw my friends with 'real' majors in college during the week and they partied so hard on weekends.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2014, 11:57:30 AM »

Good morning everyone.  Thursdays the worst day for me, when I start to burn out and the glory of friday hasn't filled my heart with promises of sleep and cigars.  I keep on telling myself I want to work in the cigar industry, but I don't think those guys have it any better.  They probably have to deal with more ignorant douches than I do.

I was going to smoke a pinolero last night, but then passed out on the couch instead.
I don't think I'd enjoy the cigar industry.  I'd rather it stay purely pleasure, no business.  Morning!
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »

Good morning everyone.  Thursdays the worst day for me, when I start to burn out and the glory of friday hasn't filled my heart with promises of sleep and cigars.  I keep on telling myself I want to work in the cigar industry, but I don't think those guys have it any better.  They probably have to deal with more ignorant douches than I do.

I was going to smoke a pinolero last night, but then passed out on the couch instead.
I don't think I'd enjoy the cigar industry.  I'd rather it stay purely pleasure, no business.  Morning!
  Yeah I don't think I'm slimey enough for it.  Not to be offensive, in certain circumstances, being slimey allows one to prosper.  I'd be honest..."This cigar sucks, but please buy it.  I need rent money."
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »

Good morning everyone.  Thursdays the worst day for me, when I start to burn out and the glory of friday hasn't filled my heart with promises of sleep and cigars.  I keep on telling myself I want to work in the cigar industry, but I don't think those guys have it any better.  They probably have to deal with more ignorant douches than I do.

I was going to smoke a pinolero last night, but then passed out on the couch instead.
I don't think I'd enjoy the cigar industry.  I'd rather it stay purely pleasure, no business.  Morning!
  Yeah I don't think I'm slimey enough for it.  Not to be offensive, in certain circumstances, being slimey allows one to prosper.  I'd be honest..."This cigar sucks, but please buy it.  I need rent money."
Indeed.  When you've invested a ton of time and money in a crop of tobacco that tastes like shit, or at least not as good as you'd intended, you still gotta find a way to make money off of it.  Hence "seconds" and "overruns".
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2014, 12:05:30 PM »

[...]

Good for you then. You are never too old to go back. My dad went back for his masters when he was @ 50. He had some doubts in doing it because of his age. He was talking with a close friend about it, and he said " I'm already 50, I'll be 54 by the time I get this finished going part time". He friend answered, "How old will you be in 4 years if you DON'T do it?"

That simplicity sealed it for him and he started the next month.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »

[...]

Yep!  Kinda the same thing for me.  Been talking about it for a long time, much longer than it would've taken me to just get the damn Masters degree.  Finally just went for it.  Sure, it'll take a year and a half or so, but time flies and I could've very easily found myself a year and half from now still talking about wanting to go back. Just had to make sure the wife was on board since I'm as good as gone once the kids go to bed.  Love smoking cigars during 'class' though, haha.  Would've gone to a lot more of my classes in undergrad had smoking been allowed.
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2014, 12:22:18 PM »

Just bought some backordered NRs from CI with SAVE.  Now I feel better.  Time to take on the world! later guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/5/2014
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2014, 12:28:55 PM »

13 Varina Farms Breakfast Blend Toro
                    10/29.99
12 601 Serie Green Habano Oscuro
                   10/37.50
11 Perdomo ESV 2002 Natural Epicure Toro
                   5/27.50
10 Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve Churchill
                 10/34.99
 9 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No.58 Gordo
                  5/22.50
 8 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Toro
                 10/37.50
 7 Tatuaje El Triunfador No.2 Belicoso