Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 08:00:35 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 08:04:44 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2017, 08:08:07 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.
What's there to not understand? Do I need to pay for it? No? Then it's free.

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2017, 08:16:24 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.
What's there to not understand? Do I need to pay for it? No? Then it's free.
I would call getting your ass kicked for expressing an opinion paying for it.

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2017, 08:21:59 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.
What's there to not understand? Do I need to pay for it? No? Then it's free.
I would call getting your ass kicked for expressing an opinion paying for it.
Just because he's free to say it doesn't mean he's free from consequences of it.

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2017, 08:23:02 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.
What's there to not understand? Do I need to pay for it? No? Then it's free.
I would call getting your ass kicked for expressing an opinion paying for it.
Just because he's free to say it doesn't mean he's free from consequences of it.
Hence not free.  Thank you.

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Commies?

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2017, 08:39:45 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.
What's there to not understand? Do I need to pay for it? No? Then it's free.
I would call getting your ass kicked for expressing an opinion paying for it.
Just because he's free to say it doesn't mean he's free from consequences of it.
Hence not free.  Thank you.
See, you're obviously one of the people who doesn't understand how free speech works. Free speech simply means the government can't make any laws prohibiting free speech. At some point, people started interpreting that as you can go around saying any damn thing you want with no consequences. Not sure how or why that happened. Probably #fakenews, somehow.

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Commies?
Just inane.  I think he should beaten with a stick for saying that, but that's just me.  ;)

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2017, 08:39:50 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.
What's there to not understand? Do I need to pay for it? No? Then it's free.
I would call getting your ass kicked for expressing an opinion paying for it.
Just because he's free to say it doesn't mean he's free from consequences of it.
Hence not free.  Thank you.
Not to be too political, but you have every right to tell your HR and Travel department to GFT....you have the right to say it, doesn't mean you won't get fired.

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 08:41:10 AM »

Time for me to make a quick trip up to NH.  Adios, mofos.

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »

Time for me to make a quick trip up to NH.  Adios, mofos.
For the day?  I'm about an hour south of Manchester airport.

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »

Thought for Today: "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." - Claude Debussy, French composer (born this date in 1862, died 1918).
"...and French composers should stick to writing music".  Sheesh.
Besides, do they even have free speech in France?
We don't have it here, why should they get to have it over there?
We have it here, the problem is most people don't actually understand what it means.
What's there to not understand? Do I need to pay for it? No? Then it's free.
I would call getting your ass kicked for expressing an opinion paying for it.
Just because he's free to say it doesn't mean he's free from consequences of it.
Hence not free.  Thank you.
Not to be too political, but you have every right to tell your HR and Travel department to GFT....you have the right to say it, doesn't mean you won't get fired.
Now you're talking about a business relationship.  Even so, my HR department can't beat me up for saying it.  You snowflakes want it both ways, and it just ain't so.

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »

Time for me to make a quick trip up to NH.  Adios, mofos.
For the day?  I'm about an hour south of Manchester airport.
Yep, a quick in and out.....

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 08:47:47 AM »

[...]
At what point is "any damn thing you want" not protected speech?  I'm not talking about yelling fire in a crowded theater.  Commies, sheesh.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10