CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48

Author Topic: 6/3/2014  (Read 102762 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »

hey guess what? not only are we down a driver, and I'm doing double duty, our new (2 months) on call standby driver just got all next week off. WTF is my boss thinking?
He's thinking, "I've got Dean, what do I need these other bums for?"

he's a she.
Well then you know exactly what she's thinking.  ::)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2014, 01:07:06 PM »

Damn.  Contact lens fail, and I'm on the bike so no spares and no eyeglasses.  Gotta go buy some contacts.  Back in a few.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

Damn.  Contact lens fail, and I'm on the bike so no spares and no eyeglasses.  Gotta go buy some contacts.  Back in a few.

May as well swing by the liquor store while you're out.

ImNotBlackImMaduro

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2014, 01:11:22 PM »

Taking a break from work with a diesel shortly. Time has really opened the draw on these fatties.  Wish it was a UC or a manowark.  Oh well, got to smoke them to make some space. Morning all.

dwgbryant

« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »

hey guess what? not only are we down a driver, and I'm doing double duty, our new (2 months) on call standby driver just got all next week off. WTF is my boss thinking?
"I'll just work him until he complains."
Until he complains somewhere other than the banter

Right?  WTF - which is code for "what the fuck", which I typed out just because I could - are we supposed to do about it?

oh, that's right. this is a cigar banter. I apologise for bringing my personal problems into the mix.

what are the banter's thoughts on the Diesel Delirium?

I'll check back tonight for any thoughts. thanks in advance.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2014, 01:18:33 PM »

May as well swing by the liquor store while you're out.
That would clear up my vision.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2014, 01:19:17 PM »

Right?  WTF - which is code for "what the fuck", which I typed out just because I could - are we supposed to do about it?

oh, that's right. this is a cigar banter. I apologise for bringing my personal problems into the mix.

I couldn't be less interested in them at the price they typically go for.  I haven't tried one so I can't speak from experience, but based on every other Diesel I've had there are plenty of other sticks I'd reach for first in that price range even it were still to be a 'blind' purchase.

They way I see things like this, and it's all just personal opinion, is that if I don't particularly enjoy a 'house flavor profile - as I do not with AJ and his CI exclusive stuff - I'm not gonna take chances on his more expensive stuff under the assumption that it'll be better.  I did this with the Armada coronas.  Bleh, what a mistake.  On the other hand, I like the vast majority of stuff done by EP Carrillo, so if he releases something at the higher end of the pricing spectrum I'll try it with the pretty good idea that I'll enjoy based on past experience with him and his cigars.

Just my two cents.  If you're gonna spend $7 online for a cigar, you can do better than a Diesel.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »

Just my two cents.  If you're gonna spend $7 online for a cigar, you can do better than a Diesel.

Like a Tat Black CG... after coupon... on the Famous site. ;)

sfish

« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »

It's not right that those 2 cigars are the same price

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »

Right?  Granted you gotta by the whole jar, but after the Father's Day coupon (DAD40) for $40 off $140, they come to $131 a jar.  That's about $6.89 a cigar.  There's no way in hell anything with the Diesel name on it will smoke better than the Tatuaje Black.  And I'm not a Tatuaje apologist, either.  Some of his stuff is way outta my 'zone' with flavors, and some of his stuff just doesn't work for me in certain vitolas.  But that Black... mmmm...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »

It's not right that those 2 cigars are the same price

Coupon clipping can make a big difference. imho, fwiw, no offense, gfy!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »

Indeed.  I suppose those Diesels can be made cheaper with CI's coupons at the moment.  So... there's that. I'd still pay a dollar or two more for the Tat Black, easily. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2014, 01:31:52 PM »

Indeed.  I suppose those Diesels can be made cheaper with CI's coupons at the moment.  So... there's that. I'd still pay a dollar or two more for the Tat Black, easily.

Oh yeah. Strange the Deisel stuff isn't carried at Famous. Special contract w/CI?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »

Taking a break from work with a diesel shortly. Time has really opened the draw on these fatties.  Wish it was a UC or a manowark.  Oh well, got to smoke them to make some space. Morning all.
Boy you sure did confuse the heck out of Johnny last night.  Glad to see you posting.  I won't lie though, I always loved your other moniker.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2014, 01:33:36 PM »

Oh yeah. Strange the Deisel stuff isn't carried at Famous. Special contract w/CI?
AJ and CI are gods. You do not question AJ and CI.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48