TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2014, 04:09:53 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?

Afternoon. Nothing yet. I need about 2 more hours.
Brought a San Cristobal for the ride home.
Enjoy!
Still working (or being here) for the next hour or so.
Have you had the El Principe yet?
Haven't had it.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?
Howdy, Will.  Today it's my eyes.  Seasonal allergies while wearing contacts is NOT fun.

Did you get the eye goo? Warden can't even put 'em back in once her eye gets to that stage. nasty.
Didn't let it get to that stage.  Recognized what was coming and got my ass to Costco to pick up a box of fresh eyes, fluid, and drops.

Yeah. Pollen down here, especially pine, can be crazy. I washed my car before and a few short hours later it was coated yellow. Rinsed it. Two hours later, same thing. That stuff gets in your eyes and it's like paste. I can't imagine with contacts.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?

Afternoon. Nothing yet. I need about 2 more hours.
Brought a San Cristobal for the ride home.
Enjoy!
Still working (or being here) for the next hour or so.
Have you had the El Principe yet?

Talking ISOKW San Cristonal de la Habana, or the non-ISOKW?
cubano, the little PC, its nice

not the biggest fan of that one, myself.  Have plenty left and will smoke through them, but I reach for a few other ISOKW petit coronas first.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?

Afternoon. Nothing yet. I need about 2 more hours.
Brought a San Cristobal for the ride home.
Enjoy!
Still working (or being here) for the next hour or so.
Have you had the El Principe yet?

Talking ISOKW San Cristonal de la Habana, or the non-ISOKW?
cubano, the little PC, its nice

not the biggest fan of that one, myself.  Have plenty left and will smoke through them, but I reach for a few other ISOKW petit coronas first.

The Bolivars? What's your short list.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2014, 04:14:33 PM »

Time to take the mower for a walk.  Need to make it look like I did something before wifey gets home.

« Reply #440 on: June 03, 2014, 04:15:11 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?
Howdy, Will.  Today it's my eyes.  Seasonal allergies while wearing contacts is NOT fun.

Did you get the eye goo? Warden can't even put 'em back in once her eye gets to that stage. nasty.
Didn't let it get to that stage.  Recognized what was coming and got my ass to Costco to pick up a box of fresh eyes, fluid, and drops.

Yeah. Pollen down here, especially pine, can be crazy. I washed my car before and a few short hours later it was coated yellow. Rinsed it. Two hours later, same thing. That stuff gets in your eyes and it's like paste. I can't imagine with contacts.
I'd be happy if it was paste.  It's the stinging and burning like acid that drives me up a tree.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #441 on: June 03, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »

Man you need good eyes for this banter. Not Presbiopia friendly.

Your browser has zoom options.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #442 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »

Time to take the mower for a walk.  Need to make it look like I did something before wifey gets home.
being on the banter all day dont count?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »

Man you need good eyes for this banter. Not Presbiopia friendly.

Your browser has zoom options.
ok at 150% now, thats better
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?

Afternoon. Nothing yet. I need about 2 more hours.
Brought a San Cristobal for the ride home.
Enjoy!
Still working (or being here) for the next hour or so.
Have you had the El Principe yet?

Talking ISOKW San Cristonal de la Habana, or the non-ISOKW?
cubano, the little PC, its nice

not the biggest fan of that one, myself.  Have plenty left and will smoke through them, but I reach for a few other ISOKW petit coronas first.

The Bolivars? What's you short list.

I like the Bolivar Coronas Juniors, but not as much as the Boli PCs.  I like the Partagas Short quite a bit. Trinidad Reyes. But for that $100-$110 price, I go for the Partagas Shorts the most.
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #445 on: June 03, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »

I've heard of using a cooler on the other site. You just use the humi gels too, or the bigger fan systems? If so, How many jars for a std 48 qt cooler do you think it would take?

I use heartfelt beads, found here. http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp

They have a calculator on that site.  I use a pound for my 120 quart cooler.  I don't know if that's right, but it works for me.  My 65% beads are always right on the money.  Helps to keep the cooler more full than not.  I don't use fans.

To me, gels give off this weird funky smell.  I love my beads.

Thanks for the info. I've seen many of the sites actually going to a bead rather than the gel. I guess it's the same/similar stuff with a molded membrane... Like a tylenol with the special coating.
  Yeah I don't see the big difference as far as holding humidity.  I used gel for years and loved it, but they seemed to turn black over time which was kind of off putting.  All except for the humicare gel that was dyed blue/green.  That and the smell, which got to me over time.  Maybe there was contamination in the water that I put in at one time?  I don't know.  When I switch from humidors to cooler, I decided to change it up and buy some beads.  Whatever works.  My dad uses gel, which is big improvement to his old "tap water in a shot glass" method.  He was straight up smoking sponges, lol.
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #446 on: June 03, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?

Afternoon. Nothing yet. I need about 2 more hours.
Brought a San Cristobal for the ride home.
Enjoy!
Still working (or being here) for the next hour or so.
Have you had the El Principe yet?

Talking ISOKW San Cristonal de la Habana, or the non-ISOKW?
cubano, the little PC, its nice

not the biggest fan of that one, myself.  Have plenty left and will smoke through them, but I reach for a few other ISOKW petit coronas first.

The Bolivars? What's you short list.

I like the Bolivar Coronas Juniors, but not as much as the Boli PCs.  I like the Partagas Short quite a bit. Trinidad Reyes. But for that $100-$110 price, I go for the Partagas Shorts the most.
I don't have the balls to buy chinese cigars on the internet yet.  :(
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #447 on: June 03, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?

Afternoon. Nothing yet. I need about 2 more hours.
Brought a San Cristobal for the ride home.
Enjoy!
Still working (or being here) for the next hour or so.
Have you had the El Principe yet?

Talking ISOKW San Cristonal de la Habana, or the non-ISOKW?
cubano, the little PC, its nice

not the biggest fan of that one, myself.  Have plenty left and will smoke through them, but I reach for a few other ISOKW petit coronas first.

The Bolivars? What's you short list.

I like the Bolivar Coronas Juniors, but not as much as the Boli PCs.  I like the Partagas Short quite a bit. Trinidad Reyes. But for that $100-$110 price, I go for the Partagas Shorts the most.

So, bang for the buck... Partagas Short. Noted. Just compiling some info. Don't have many of these under my belt, and as you said before, you can't get 5rs or singles most times, so a box purchase could be pretty substantial. Wouldn't want to totally blow it and get something I didn't like.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #448 on: June 03, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »

Afternoon, men.  What's on fire?
Howdy, Will.  Today it's my eyes.  Seasonal allergies while wearing contacts is NOT fun.

Did you get the eye goo? Warden can't even put 'em back in once her eye gets to that stage. nasty.
Didn't let it get to that stage.  Recognized what was coming and got my ass to Costco to pick up a box of fresh eyes, fluid, and drops.

Yeah. Pollen down here, especially pine, can be crazy. I washed my car before and a few short hours later it was coated yellow. Rinsed it. Two hours later, same thing. That stuff gets in your eyes and it's like paste. I can't imagine with contacts.
I'd be happy if it was paste.  It's the stinging and burning like acid that drives me up a tree.
Thats what I had the past 3 weeks......and once you rub your eye....you're fucked.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #449 on: June 03, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »

Yeah I don't see the big difference as far as holding humidity.  I used gel for years and loved it, but they seemed to turn black over time which was kind of off putting.  All except for the humicare gel that was dyed blue/green.  That and the smell, which got to me over time.  Maybe there was contamination in the water that I put in at one time?  I don't know.  When I switch from humidors to cooler, I decided to change it up and buy some beads.  Whatever works.  My dad uses gel, which is big improvement to his old "tap water in a shot glass" method.  He was straight up smoking sponges, lol.

Same here. Most times I toss a jar it's because it gets contaminated, not because it's dried up or unusable. The beads seem a lot better. I've even taken them out and rinsed them with distilled water if they look a little funky. Something you can't really do with the original ground up gels.