ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »

Yeah, they're a Meier & Dutch owned brand.  You'll only find them at CI, Cigar.com, and a few other affiliated sites that they own... which they'll never admit to being related to in a million years.  Famous has their share of exclusives as well, just don't hear about them as much.  CI/AJF can market the hell outta there stuff, I'll give 'em that.

That's what I figured. I did bid on a 5pk of Puros after some talk last week. We will see. or I will see... At least before Bret anyway. He's out there blind as a bat, driving a car like DiCaprio in Wolf of Wallstreet... Too vague? Funny movie.

Haven't seen that movie yet.  I do like the MOW Puro Authenticos.  My favorite of the MoW line.  Actually, it's the only MoW line I like.  The maduro is OK.
No ruination? I love that cigar in the corona size.

Not a fan of that one.
  I'm still trying to smoke through the 601 green coronas that went up on famous with a heavy discount, couple years ago?  I think you turned me onto that deal.  I bought two boxes...lol

LOL yeah, guess that was late 2012. Time flies.
Yeah, about the time I first joined the Banter.  I remember those deals.  Should have bought a couple boxes myself.
I still have quite a few left too. And, I gave many away!
I didn't buy them at the time because my humidor was full.  I was given the big cabinet about a month later.  Should have just picked up a cooler and bought the damn coronas.
  Honestly, I hand out more than I smoke.  I mean, its a great cigar and all, but with the size and amount I have, I usually always bring a couple with me when I plan on smoking out.  It seems cigar blends are getting more and more complex and tasty.  I'm starting to rethink the "buy a shit ton of this stuff and sit on it" method because it means I miss the chance to smoke some great newer sticks coming out.

« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2014, 03:05:04 PM »

Got my butane, got some beers.

Knee Deep Simtra: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23200/78377/

North Coast Old Rasputin:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

Stone Enjoy By:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596/
I'm a big fan of the Old Rasputin.  Good choice.
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »

Going to go out into the wilds and look for food.  Maybe Wendys. See ya guys.

edit: And a howdy to DR!
Wendys is pretty wild....
well it can be,,, get the baked potato, and a small chili, make your own chili filled
baked potato.  finish it before your frosty melts.  who hoo you are living dangerously there....
  Triple burger fo sho.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #393 on: June 03, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »

Got my butane, got some beers.

Knee Deep Simtra: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23200/78377/

North Coast Old Rasputin:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

Stone Enjoy By:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596/
I'm a big fan of the Old Rasputin.  Good choice.

Thanks.  Thought I'd heard positive things about it and read some reviews real quick before purchasing.  As you can see by the purchase, my favorite styles are double/triple IPAs and thick, sweet stouts.  Total opposites.  Definitely looking for the Old Rasputin to be a 'go to' stout in a smaller bottle.  Sometimes the larger 22oz bombers are just too much for the real heavy stuff.
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #394 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »

Got my butane, got some beers.

Knee Deep Simtra: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23200/78377/

North Coast Old Rasputin:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

Stone Enjoy By:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596/
Very nice, I almost picked up the Stone a couple times

I really like their Enjoy By series.  I'm sure it's a bit gimmicky but it's not terribly expensive considering the ABV.
  What's the enjoy by series all about?  Each batch has a different date or something?

« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »

I'm out guys, have a good evening

« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »

Got my butane, got some beers.

Knee Deep Simtra: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23200/78377/

North Coast Old Rasputin:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

Stone Enjoy By:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596/
I'm a big fan of the Old Rasputin.  Good choice.

Thanks.  Thought I'd heard positive things about it and read some reviews real quick before purchasing.  As you can see by the purchase, my favorite styles are double/triple IPAs and thick, sweet stouts.  Total opposites.  Definitely looking for the Old Rasputin to be a 'go to' stout in a smaller bottle.  Sometimes the larger 22oz bombers are just too much for the real heavy stuff.
It'd be a 'go to' for me.  I wouldn't even try to predict your response - you're a lot more finicky than I .  But when I can get it, that's usually what I have.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:42 PM »

Got my butane, got some beers.

Knee Deep Simtra: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23200/78377/

North Coast Old Rasputin:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

Stone Enjoy By:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596/
Very nice, I almost picked up the Stone a couple times

I really like their Enjoy By series.  I'm sure it's a bit gimmicky but it's not terribly expensive considering the ABV.
  What's the enjoy by series all about?  Each batch has a different date or something?

Yeah, there's a 'new' one every other month or so.  It's mostly a gimmick, their way of emphasizing exactly how fresh the beer is and to drink it and "enjoy" it at it's best... in their opinion. Gimmick or not, it's tasty stuff.

http://enjoyby.stonebrewing.com/

« Reply #398 on: June 03, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »

I'm out guys, have a good evening
See you geek hard-on. I mean, Scott.

« Reply #399 on: June 03, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »

Going to go out into the wilds and look for food.  Maybe Wendys. See ya guys.

edit: And a howdy to DR!
Wendys is pretty wild....
well it can be,,, get the baked potato, and a small chili, make your own chili filled
baked potato.  finish it before your frosty melts.  who hoo you are living dangerously there....
  Triple burger fo sho.
  that's only dangerous if your cardiologist sees you at lunch...
Logged

glassken

« Reply #400 on: June 03, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »

[...]

I'm doing the exact same thing. I'm buying more, but more variety too. I used to see a great deal on a great cigar, and would would over buy.

« Reply #401 on: June 03, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »

I'm out guys, have a good evening
  good night little fish....

« Reply #402 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:04 PM »

back to work myself.. take care guys...
Logged

glassken

« Reply #403 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »

Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/3/2014
« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »

Damn quote code shit-

Glassken////Yeah, sometimes when I open my cooler I don't know what to smoke, because I'm bored of a lot of stuff.  Damn, I sound like a bitch.