« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »

And there I go with separators.  Sheesh.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »

Hey, you guys really aren't coming back to the CI banter? I'm hanging out over there with Dusty. Is this thing for real?
Of course it's for real.  Tony took enough crap or good-natured ribbing about it.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »

Hey, you guys really aren't coming back to the CI banter? I'm hanging out over there with Dusty. Is this thing for real?
There is a new banter sheriff in town.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »

Hazzuh!
Got to love the moving banter.

« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
Re: About CigarBanter.com...
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »

Let the post whores emege on their own.
Speaking of post whoring ......
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Um, what?  :o
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Um, what?  :o
I got it, nevermind.....thought I was fuckin' up or something!

« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Um, what?  :o
What HAVE you girls been doing?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2014, 03:06:49 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Um, what?  :o
What HAVE you girls been doing?
"Unfuckingbelievable" Exactly what I posted on FB last nite when I heard this site went live... :D

« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Um, what?  :o
What HAVE you girls been doing?
"Unfuckingbelievable" Exactly what I posted on FB last nite when I heard this site went live... :D
Yeah, he actually sandbagged us a little bit
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Um, what?  :o
I got it, nevermind.....thought I was fuckin' up or something!
No more than usual.
Hi Dave

Re: About CigarBanter.com...
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »

I know we all bitch and moan about the joecigar/cigarsintl banter but apparently there is something about it that we all love.  I tried to keep this forum very simple, in much the same vein.  It's about creating a community.  Cigarsintl has roughly 4500 members but there have been about 900,000 posts to date.  Cigar.com on the otherhand has nearly 4 times as many members but only a quarter of the posts combined within its many threads.  Not everyone is interested in every post and that's fine... Don't read 'em.  That's not to say that I won't create or give you the ability to create sub forums.  I'm just not there yet.

  I don't think you should bother with sub-forums. What we like about the Banter is that it's a single channel of communication.  At any given time, someone may not care for the topic of conversation, but we like the people talking so we hang.  The problem with the world at large is that we have established so many options that no one ever has to listen to anyone say something they don't like.  You can change the channel, or you can go to a club that plays the music you like, or you can live your life in the blue light of a computer monitor and avoid real people.  But the inevitable result is boredom.  When you only listen to what's offered in the forum which you choose to inhabit, you inevitably get bored.  This group of people is one of two groups I bother with online.  The other is a bunch of guitar players that started out on an e-mail listserv talking about Mesa/Boogie amplifiers.  When that got stale it became a discussion of gear in general, and then we turned it into a Google group.  Like this group, it's a small group of mostly older guys with a lot of experience and expertise, who actually welcome new people even if we give them and each other a hard time.  And like this group - at least so far - each daily conversation is a single thread.  Personally, I think it should stay that way.  Ruthlessly simple, practical, and uncensored.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2014, 03:11:00 PM »

@DRDave:  I'm enjoying your "personal text".   ;D
Um, what?  :o
What HAVE you girls been doing?
Hanging out with the cool kids.
Hi Scott

Re: About CigarBanter.com...
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »

Thanks to all of you for joining.  The goal of this site is to have a fun place for cigar lovers to share their thoughts on every and any topic; hopefully including cigars.

I apologize in advance for the very wordy post but I wanted to respond to many of the questions I received via PM, etc.

I know we all bitch and moan about the joecigar/cigarsintl banter but apparently there is something about it that we all love.  I tried to keep this forum very simple, in much the same vein.  It's about creating a community.  Cigarsintl has roughly 4500 members but there have been about 900,000 posts to date.  Cigar.com on the otherhand has nearly 4 times as many members but only a quarter of the posts combined within its many threads.  Not everyone is interested in every post and that's fine... Don't read 'em.  That's not to say that I won't create or give you the ability to create sub forums.  I'm just not there yet.

Work friendly avitars and language on the banter.  I don't have the time nor the will to police this thing.  Therefore, I ask that everyone act like a grown-up and police themselves.  If you're offended by the avvys, turn them off... I do.

Appreciate all the feedback and I know that I haven't been great about being timely, but we'll get there.

Thanks for the FAQ's.  Site is working good and getting busy.  Post Hoes are lubed up and working.