« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »

Looks like it's been a busy jam day.  Running off to my final meeting of the day and then I'll come back and catch up.  Curious to read all the feedback.  Improvements are a comin'.  But be warned, I can't make EVERYONE happy.
Question is:Can you make ANYONE happy?
I just hope he doesn't tweak it too much. some of us are not very smart!
\\\\I resemble that remark.
~~~ Old habits are hard to break

Wow, nice separators, noob.  No longer needed, here!
Wow, you can post behind a post
/////And we can delete old posts. So if you say something stupid (handy with this group), you can delete it before anyone can quote it.
Good luck keeping on top of that one
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »

Looks like it's been a busy jam day.  Running off to my final meeting of the day and then I'll come back and catch up.  Curious to read all the feedback.  Improvements are a comin'.  But be warned, I can't make EVERYONE happy.
Question is:Can you make ANYONE happy?
I just hope he doesn't tweak it too much. some of us are not very smart!
\\\\I resemble that remark.
~~~ Old habits are hard to break

Wow, nice separators, noob.  No longer needed, here!
Wow, you can post behind a post
/////And we can delete old posts. So if you say something stupid (handy with this group), you can delete it before anyone can quote it.
Like when you put separators in and don't need to?

« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »

Looks like it's been a busy jam day.  Running off to my final meeting of the day and then I'll come back and catch up.  Curious to read all the feedback.  Improvements are a comin'.  But be warned, I can't make EVERYONE happy.
Question is:Can you make ANYONE happy?
I just hope he doesn't tweak it too much. some of us are not very smart!
\\\\I resemble that remark.
~~~ Old habits are hard to break

Wow, nice separators, noob.  No longer needed, here!
Wow, you can post behind a post
/////And we can delete old posts. So if you say something stupid (handy with this group), you can delete it before anyone can quote it.
Like when you put separators in and don't need to?
/////Exactly!

« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2014, 02:20:16 PM »

Hazzuh!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »

Looks like it's been a busy jam day.  Running off to my final meeting of the day and then I'll come back and catch up.  Curious to read all the feedback.  Improvements are a comin'.  But be warned, I can't make EVERYONE happy.
Question is:Can you make ANYONE happy?
I just hope he doesn't tweak it too much. some of us are not very smart!
\\\\I resemble that remark.
~~~ Old habits are hard to break

Wow, nice separators, noob.  No longer needed, here!
Wow, you can post behind a post
/////And we can delete old posts. So if you say something stupid (handy with this group), you can delete it before anyone can quote it.
Like when you put separators in and don't need to?

Hmm. Just checking something. Carry On.

« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »

About CigarBanter.com...
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »

Thanks to all of you for joining.  The goal of this site is to have a fun place for cigar lovers to share their thoughts on every and any topic; hopefully including cigars.

I apologize in advance for the very wordy post but I wanted to respond to many of the questions I received via PM, etc.

I know we all bitch and moan about the joecigar/cigarsintl banter but apparently there is something about it that we all love.  I tried to keep this forum very simple, in much the same vein.  It's about creating a community.  Cigarsintl has roughly 4500 members but there have been about 900,000 posts to date.  Cigar.com on the otherhand has nearly 4 times as many members but only a quarter of the posts combined within its many threads.  Not everyone is interested in every post and that's fine... Don't read 'em.  That's not to say that I won't create or give you the ability to create sub forums.  I'm just not there yet.

Work friendly avitars and language on the banter.  I don't have the time nor the will to police this thing.  Therefore, I ask that everyone act like a grown-up and police themselves.  If you're offended by the avvys, turn them off... I do.

I see this site coming together in phases and this is just the first one.  I'd like to create an area that resembles beeradvocate.com where each logged in user can lookup and review/rate a cigar.  I'd also like to have an area with all the coupon codes / free shipping codes and big cigar deals that are going on around the net.  And ultimately, I plan to record a weekly audio podcast.

I also understand the reluctance for some of you to have to start all over again with being a "newbie".  I offered the ability to change that and add the number of post you have on CI to this site.  No one PM'd me with regard to that and now I'm rethinking it.  This is a new thing.  Let the post whores emerge on their own.

Appreciate all the feedback and I know that I haven't been great about being timely, but we'll get there.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »

Sounds good, Tony.  Who REALLY cares about post counts, anyway?  Cue sarcastic responses...
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »

« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2014, 02:37:54 PM »

Hey, you guys really aren't coming back to the CI banter? I'm hanging out over there with Dusty. Is this thing for real?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2014, 02:38:25 PM »

Sounds good, Tony.  Who REALLY cares about post counts, anyway?  Cue sarcastic responses...
But, but, but.....nevermind.

« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »

Sounds good, Tony.  Who REALLY cares about post counts, anyway?  Cue sarcastic responses...
Seriously considered removing them all together.  And then there is the complete opposite approach where you can build your reputation based on "likes" and "dislikes" of your posts.  The truth is I thought you all would hammer me with "dislikes" so I scrapped that idea.   :D
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »

Sounds good, Tony.  Who REALLY cares about post counts, anyway?  Cue sarcastic responses...
Seriously considered removing them all together.  And then there is the complete opposite approach where you can build your reputation based on "likes" and "dislikes" of your posts.  The truth is I thought you all would hammer me with "dislikes" so I scrapped that idea.   :D
Good thinking.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »

Hey, you guys really aren't coming back to the CI banter? I'm hanging out over there with Dusty. Is this thing for real?

I felt the same earlier. I don't know if this is the new Banter or not, but Tony said something about a podcast now...

A FUCKING PODCAST!

jk Tony.

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »

Sounds good, Tony.  Who REALLY cares about post counts, anyway?  Cue sarcastic responses...
Seriously considered removing them all together.  And then there is the complete opposite approach where you can build your reputation based on "likes" and "dislikes" of your posts.  The truth is I thought you all would hammer me with "dislikes" so I scrapped that idea.   :D
Good thinking.
-- Very.