CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 15, 2015, 12:00:11 AM

Title: 10/15/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on October 15, 2015, 12:00:11 AM
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 03:51:29 AM
Sheesh. CI site down. What a morning!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:09:54 AM
Sheesh. CI site down. What a morning!
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:18:09 AM
Today is Thursday, October 15, the 288th day of 2015. There are 77 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:18:42 AM
Today’s Highlight in History:
On October 15, 1915, “The Metamorphosis,” Franz Kafka’s famous absurdist tale about a man named Gregor Samsa who wakes up one morning to discover that he has been transformed into a huge, insect-like creature, was first published in the German literary journal Die Weissen Blaetter (dee VY’-sehn BLEHT’-ur) (The White Pages).
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:19:17 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:20:01 AM
In 1783, the first manned balloon flight took place in Paris as Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier ascended in a basket attached to a tethered Montgolfier hot-air balloon, rising to about 75 feet.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:20:34 AM

In 1815, Napoleon Bonaparte, the deposed Emperor of the French, arrived on the British-ruled South Atlantic island of St. Helena, where he spent the last 5 1/2 years of his life in exile.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:22:31 AM
In 1905, Claude Debussy’s “La Mer” (The Sea), a trio of symphonic sketches, premiered in Paris.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:23:00 AM

In 1914, the Clayton Antitrust Act, which expanded on the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890, was signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:23:38 AM

In 1917, Dutch dancer Mata Hari, convicted of spying for the Germans, was executed by a French firing squad outside Paris.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:24:08 AM

In 1940, Charles Chaplin’s first all-talking comedy, “The Great Dictator,” a lampoon of Adolf Hitler, opened in New York.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:24:36 AM
In 1945, the former premier of Vichy France, Pierre Laval, was executed for treason.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:25:11 AM

In 1946, Nazi war criminal Hermann Goering (GEH’-reeng) fatally poisoned himself hours before he was to have been executed.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:25:41 AM

In 1969, peace demonstrators staged activities across the country as part of a “moratorium” against the Vietnam War.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:26:06 AM
In 1975, the book “Against Our Will: Men, Women and Rape,” a history of sexual assault authored by Susan Brownmiller, was first published.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:26:46 AM
In 1990, Soviet President Mikhail S. Gorbachev was named the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. South Africa’s Separate Amenities Act, which had barred blacks from public facilities for decades, was formally scrapped.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:27:14 AM

In 1991, despite sexual harassment allegations by Anita Hill, the Senate narrowly confirmed the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court, 52-48.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:27:40 AM

Ten years ago: Iraqis voted to approve a constitution. A crowd that had gathered to protest a neo-Nazi march in Toledo, Ohio, turned violent, prompting the mayor to declare a state of emergency.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:28:11 AM
Five years ago: The Obama administration reported that the federal deficit had hit a near-record $1.3 trillion for the just-completed budget year. Workers hugged, cheered and set off fireworks as a huge drill broke through a last stretch of rock deep in the Swiss Alps for construction of the 35.4-mile Gotthard Base Tunnel, which is scheduled to officially open in June 2016.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:28:39 AM
One year ago: Fresh signs of slow global economic growth and the Ebola crisis sent stocks on Wall Street tumbling as much as 460 points in the most turbulent day since 2011 before partially recovering; European shares slid as well. The Kansas City Royals advanced to their first World Series since 1985 after finishing a four-game sweep in the AL Championship Series with a 2-1 victory over the Baltimore Orioles. The San Francisco Giants came within one game of winning the NL Championship Seires with a 6-4 win over the St. Louis Cardinals.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:29:32 AM

Today’s Birthdays: Former auto executive Lee Iacocca is 91. Jazz musician Freddy Cole is 84. Singer Barry McGuire is 80. Actress Linda Lavin is 78. Rock musician Don Stevenson (Moby Grape) is 73. Actress-director Penny Marshall is 72. Baseball Hall of Famer Jim Palmer is 70. Singer-musician Richard Carpenter is 69. Actor Victor Banerjee is 69. Former tennis player Roscoe Tanner is 64. Singer Tito Jackson is 62. Actor-comedian Larry Miller is 62. Actor Jere Burns is 61. Actress Tanya Roberts is 60. Movie director Mira Nair is 58. Britain’s Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, is 56. Chef Emeril Lagasse is 56. Rock musician Mark Reznicek (REHZ’-nih-chehk) is 53. Singer Eric Benet is 49. Actress Vanessa Marcil is 47. Singer-actress-TV host Paige Davis is 46. Country singer Kimberly Schlapman (Little Big Town) is 46. Actor Dominic West is 46. Rhythm-and-blues singer Ginuwine is 45. Actor Chris Olivero is 36. Christian singer-actress Jaci (JAK’-ee) Velasquez is 36. Actor Brandon Jay McLaren is 35. Rhythm-and-blues singer Keyshia Cole is 34. Tennis player Elena Dementieva is 34. Actor Vincent Martella is 23. Actress Bailee Madison is 16.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:29:54 AM
Thought for Today: “A friend to all is a friend to none.” — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:30:36 AM
Things That Took Me Fifty Years To Learn!!
-------------------------

1.) Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2.) If you have to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings".

3.) There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

4.) People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5.) And when God, who created the entire universe with all of its glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.

6.) You should not confuse your career with your life.

7.) No matter what happens... somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

8.) When trouble arises & things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution & is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy.

9.) Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

10.) A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.

11.) Never lick a steak knife.

12.) Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.

13.) "The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

14.) You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

15.) Your REAL friends still love you anyway.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:33:01 AM
Morning LSU & Golf.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:34:21 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:36:01 AM
Chaos at several major airports overnight.  Security scanning software failure.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 05:38:48 AM
Chaos at several major airports overnight.  Security scanning software failure.
CI's IT fault. Morning Dave and Chip.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:40:36 AM
Down in the 20's for some northern states tonight and 94 and very dry here today.

Fire east of Austin has now consumed 4,200 acres and still burning.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:42:37 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on October 15, 2015, 05:45:24 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
I was hoping for another jam today to take advantage of the extra 10% off but guessing they didn't want to ruin their lack luster sales figures.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:50:10 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
I was hoping for another jam today to take advantage of the extra 10% off but guessing they didn't want to ruin their lack luster sales figures.
Hah, I tried to use it yesterday and nothing but a scam IMHO.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 05:50:34 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
I was hoping for another jam today to take advantage of the extra 10% off but guessing they didn't want to ruin their lack luster sales figures.
Has to be over $99 anyways, doubt many of us would hit that during a jam. Lol
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 05:52:55 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
I was hoping for another jam today to take advantage of the extra 10% off but guessing they didn't want to ruin their lack luster sales figures.
Has to be over $99 anyways, doubt many of us would hit that during a jam. Lol
Even though the banner doesn't seem to indicate that. Thought the e-mail did, though.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:54:42 AM
Astros got blown out 7-2 last night to end their year.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:57:00 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
I was hoping for another jam today to take advantage of the extra 10% off but guessing they didn't want to ruin their lack luster sales figures.
Has to be over $99 anyways, doubt many of us would hit that during a jam. Lol
Even though the banner doesn't seem to indicate that. Thought the e-mail did, though.
Yeah it was in the email about the $99.  But also there was an extensive list of brands not included.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:57:16 AM
Time for work, BBL
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 06:55:20 AM
Good morning 10%'ers.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 07:27:13 AM
Good morning 10%'ers.
You're talking bottom 10%, right?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 07:31:42 AM
Good morning 10%'ers.
You're talking bottom 10%, right?
Naturally. And we love our end of the bell curve.  The rest of it can GFI.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 07:36:06 AM
Morning Bean.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 07:37:25 AM
Morning Bean.
Morning TxDave.  PM'd you.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 07:39:01 AM
Got to shut the computer down for 30 minutes to allow the incompetent bastiges update the computers.  BBL
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 07:39:31 AM
Morning Bean.
Morning TxDave.  PM'd you.
Received and replied.  Thanx!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 08:10:07 AM
CI site is working but Sister is dead now.
I was hoping for another jam today to take advantage of the extra 10% off but guessing they didn't want to ruin their lack luster sales figures.
Has to be over $99 anyways, doubt many of us would hit that during a jam. Lol
Even though the banner doesn't seem to indicate that. Thought the e-mail did, though.
Yeah it was in the email about the $99.  But also there was an extensive list of brands not included.
As per usual it seems.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:12:48 AM
Morning GA Dave, having fun in the sun?

Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 08:12:59 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:13:25 AM
Updates installed, what next I wonder ???
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 08:14:05 AM
Good morning 10%'ers.
You're talking bottom 10%, right?
+1
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:14:24 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Grandbaby out of the hospital yet?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 08:28:12 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Grandbaby out of the hospital yet?
Yes, she was home when I got here Tuesday, all good. Nice to see them with a little weight on them. Last I saw them they were 3 and 3 1/2 pounds. Now he is 10 1/2 and she is over 9 .
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:30:18 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Grandbaby out of the hospital yet?
Yes, she was home when I got here Tuesday, all good. Nice to see them with a little weight on them. Last I saw them they were 3 and 3 1/2 pounds. Now he is 10 1/2 and she is over 9 .
Great News!   If they have further weight loss or lack of appetite issues we can send Tony down to do some home coaching rather than trouble with the hospital.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 08:42:02 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Grandbaby out of the hospital yet?
Yes, she was home when I got here Tuesday, all good. Nice to see them with a little weight on them. Last I saw them they were 3 and 3 1/2 pounds. Now he is 10 1/2 and she is over 9 .
Great News!   If they have further weight loss or lack of appetite issues we can send Tony down to do some home coaching rather than trouble with the hospital.
Indeed.  Don't know if they're ready for lasagna yet though.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 08:44:00 AM
My daughter is flying in to Atlanta for a wedding and is driving up to see the babies today for the first time.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on October 15, 2015, 08:45:22 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Grandbaby out of the hospital yet?
Yes, she was home when I got here Tuesday, all good. Nice to see them with a little weight on them. Last I saw them they were 3 and 3 1/2 pounds. Now he is 10 1/2 and she is over 9 .
Great News!   If they have further weight loss or lack of appetite issues we can send Tony down to do some home coaching rather than trouble with the hospital.
Indeed.  Don't know if they're ready for lasagna yet though.
Blender lasagna?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:48:17 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Grandbaby out of the hospital yet?
Yes, she was home when I got here Tuesday, all good. Nice to see them with a little weight on them. Last I saw them they were 3 and 3 1/2 pounds. Now he is 10 1/2 and she is over 9 .
Great News!   If they have further weight loss or lack of appetite issues we can send Tony down to do some home coaching rather than trouble with the hospital.
Indeed.  Don't know if they're ready for lasagna yet though.
Blender lasagna?
Donuts without the sprinkles should work ok.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:49:03 AM
My daughter is flying in to Atlanta for a wedding and is driving up to see the babies today for the first time.
A Familia Reunion!  Nice to have everyone together.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 08:52:54 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Bean. Nice crisp morning in Athens. Starting the day with an EPC Cabinet and coffee.
Grandbaby out of the hospital yet?
Yes, she was home when I got here Tuesday, all good. Nice to see them with a little weight on them. Last I saw them they were 3 and 3 1/2 pounds. Now he is 10 1/2 and she is over 9 .
Great News!   If they have further weight loss or lack of appetite issues we can send Tony down to do some home coaching rather than trouble with the hospital.
Tony would get too frustrated since they wouldn't be able to eat nearly fast enough for his liking.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:53:58 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 08:59:35 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 09:09:56 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2015, 09:14:59 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 09:16:09 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."

Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2015, 09:24:45 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
Here finally, thank god that stretch is over. Awesome working from home but hell when I have to come to site in the traffic
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 09:25:46 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Just say "assumed to have died of old age" for me please.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 09:28:09 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Just say "assumed to have died of old age" for me please.
No, yours says "campaigning for Hillary" too.  8)
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 09:29:04 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Just say "assumed to have died of old age" for me please.
I was going to say "having curmudgeon fluid topped off".
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 09:31:55 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Just say "assumed to have died of old age" for me please.
No, yours says "campaigning for Hillary" too.  8)
But I am for Bernie!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 09:36:43 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 09:36:50 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Just say "assumed to have died of old age" for me please.
No, yours says "campaigning for Hillary" too.  8)
But I am for Bernie!
Me too.  Free everything!  What's not to like?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 09:37:38 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 09:38:52 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Just say "assumed to have died of old age" for me please.
No, yours says "campaigning for Hillary" too.  8)
But I am for Bernie!
I know, that's what makes your campaigning choice so strange!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 09:39:04 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
CNS
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 09:51:33 AM
I'm here, I'm here.  I've spent the last 90 minutes trying to get reimbursed on my healthcare spending account.  Fuck Aetna!  Fuck all of 'em.  It's open enrollment season and I'm not doing a spending account for next year.  Instead of saving on taxes for that money, I wind up paying twice for the same services and spend hours on end trying to get reimbursed.  Did I mention, fuck them!?!

Rant over.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 09:56:02 AM
I'm here, I'm here.  I've spent the last 90 minutes trying to get reimbursed on my healthcare spending account.  Fuck Aetna!  Fuck all of 'em.  It's open enrollment season and I'm not doing a spending account for next year.  Instead of saving on taxes for that money, I wind up paying twice for the same services and spend hours on end trying to get reimbursed.  Did I mention, fuck them!?!

Rant over.
Hope everything else is ok ☕️
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 09:58:22 AM
Cooling down on the park bench after my 8 black walk.  Used to be a 2 black walk but Bean ridiculed me over that so using Obama math it is now 8 blocks.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 09:59:49 AM
I'm here, I'm here.  I've spent the last 90 minutes trying to get reimbursed on my healthcare spending account.  Fuck Aetna!  Fuck all of 'em.  It's open enrollment season and I'm not doing a spending account for next year.  Instead of saving on taxes for that money, I wind up paying twice for the same services and spend hours on end trying to get reimbursed.  Did I mention, fuck them!?!

Rant over.
That's exactly why I won't set one up. Lord knows we'd use the money with my wife's issues, but no way do I want to deal with those situations with Aetna.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 10:00:08 AM
Cooling down on the park bench after my 8 black walk.  Used to be a 2 black walk but Bean ridiculed me over that so using Obama math it is now 8 blocks.
This post feels racist.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:03:56 AM
Down in the 20's for some northern states tonight and 94 and very dry here today.

Fire east of Austin has now consumed 4,200 acres and still burning.
4200 acres? Pfft. That's a campfire.

Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:06:54 AM
No Dean?  DAWG must be knotted.

No Fish?   Must be running the carpool this morning.

No Tony?   Must be free donuts somewhere in the Northeast.
That's why I show up every morning...afraid to be on that list.
Yours would say "stuck on a plane somewhere." Mine would say "campaigning for Hillary."
So not far from the truth then...
Just say "assumed to have died of old age" for me please.
Climbing the clock tower with a high-powered rifle because Raz spoke Spanish.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 10:07:21 AM
I'm here, I'm here.  I've spent the last 90 minutes trying to get reimbursed on my healthcare spending account.  Fuck Aetna!  Fuck all of 'em.  It's open enrollment season and I'm not doing a spending account for next year.  Instead of saving on taxes for that money, I wind up paying twice for the same services and spend hours on end trying to get reimbursed.  Did I mention, fuck them!?!

Rant over.
Hope everything else is ok ☕️
Yeah sure.  I have deliverables for this afternoon and I'm pissed at myself for wasting time with healthcare bullshit.  But yeah, otherwise things are peachy.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 10:08:45 AM
Cooling down on the park bench after my 8 black walk.  Used to be a 2 black walk but Bean ridiculed me over that so using Obama math it is now 8 blocks.
There's something Freudian about this post buy I can't seem to put my finger on it.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:09:16 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:10:03 AM
I'm here, I'm here.  I've spent the last 90 minutes trying to get reimbursed on my healthcare spending account.  Fuck Aetna!  Fuck all of 'em.  It's open enrollment season and I'm not doing a spending account for next year.  Instead of saving on taxes for that money, I wind up paying twice for the same services and spend hours on end trying to get reimbursed.  Did I mention, fuck them!?!

Rant over.
Sheesh, Tony. The way you've been getting screwed lately, you should just become a porn star.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:10:05 AM
Down in the 20's for some northern states tonight and 94 and very dry here today.

Fire east of Austin has now consumed 4,200 acres and still burning.
4200 acres? Pfft. That's a campfire.

Morning, muchachos.
Unless your fuk'n house was one of about 18-24 to burn down last night.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:10:44 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:12:27 AM
Cooling down on the park bench after my 8 black walk.  Used to be a 2 black walk but Bean ridiculed me over that so using Obama math it is now 8 blocks.
This post feels racist.
Looks that way doesn't it, but Apple wrote it not me I was not in favor of publishing it that way myself but Steve Jobs took over  my keypad and did it to make me look bad.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:12:28 AM
Down in the 20's for some northern states tonight and 94 and very dry here today.

Fire east of Austin has now consumed 4,200 acres and still burning.
4200 acres? Pfft. That's a campfire.

Morning, muchachos.
Unless your fuk'n house was one of about 18-24 to burn down last night.
Indeed. But we damned near lost an entire city up here, so I'm a little jaded.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:13:04 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:14:55 AM
Cooling down on the park bench after my 8 black walk.  Used to be a 2 black walk but Bean ridiculed me over that so using Obama math it is now 8 blocks.
This post feels racist.
Looks that way doesn't it, but Apple wrote it not me I was not in favor of publishing it that way myself but Steve Jobs took over  my keypad and did it to make me look bad.
Thanks, Obama.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:16:00 AM
I'm here, I'm here.  I've spent the last 90 minutes trying to get reimbursed on my healthcare spending account.  Fuck Aetna!  Fuck all of 'em.  It's open enrollment season and I'm not doing a spending account for next year.  Instead of saving on taxes for that money, I wind up paying twice for the same services and spend hours on end trying to get reimbursed.  Did I mention, fuck them!?!

Rant over.
That's exactly why I won't set one up. Lord knows we'd use the money with my wife's issues, but no way do I want to deal with those situations with Aetna.
Warden was recently bitching about that very same subject.  Me, I am only bitching about a $50,000 bill for $600 in work.  Called the imaging center yesterday and they said call their billing company in Dallas.  Called and was transferred to Shilah as it is her area.  Shilah said " it might be a mistake I will have to check and see".........
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:16:30 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 10:19:07 AM
Cooling down on the park bench after my 8 black walk.  Used to be a 2 black walk but Bean ridiculed me over that so using Obama math it is now 8 blocks.
This post feels racist.
Looks that way doesn't it, but Apple wrote it not me I was not in favor of publishing it that way myself but Steve Jobs took over my keypad and did it to make me look bad.
You don't need Steve Jobs help with that.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 10:20:33 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
I'm still wondering how the cab ride was "free".
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:23:01 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
Well, it sure didn't help.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:24:40 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
I'm still wondering how the cab ride was "free".
Nothing's ever free. But it was subsidized by the federal government, so all of you had to chip in to cover it.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:26:34 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
I'm still wondering how the cab ride was "free".
He works for a Democratic State - EVERYTHING IS FREE
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:27:27 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
Well, it sure didn't help.
Now THAT we can agree on!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:31:55 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
I'm still wondering how the cab ride was "free".
He works for a Democratic State - EVERYTHING IS FREE
Yup. Except for everything.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:34:51 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
I'm still wondering how the cab ride was "free".
He works for a Democratic State - EVERYTHING IS FREE
Yup. Except for everything. those who work.
Corrected if for you Raz.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:38:13 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
I'm still wondering how the cab ride was "free".
He works for a Democratic State - EVERYTHING IS FREE
Yup. Except for everything. those who work.
Corrected if for you Raz.
Si, es completemente verdad.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 10:52:15 AM
High School In the next county south of Ausin, no lockdown just panic and chaos but they did not mention that part to the parents.  Students had to tell their parents that part when they got home laughing their asses off.

Unfuknbelievablestupudity!

Dear Lobo Parents,

This morning we received a report from a student that there was allegedly a weapon on campus. After investigating the concern, it was determined that a student thought he heard the word “gun,” but in fact it was another student asking for some “gum.”

The safety of our students is always foremost on our list of priorities, so we take these concerns seriously. We continue to encourage students to report anything they see or hear that causes them concern. Fortunately, in this case, it was a misunderstanding and there was no threat to our school or need to conduct a lockdown.

Because we are conducting the PSAT, we were able to hold students in their extended class periods to investigate the concern with little to no disruption to their schedule.

Sincerely,

Michelle Chae
Principal, LHS
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 11:00:35 AM
Time for my sanity walk.
Man, see you tomorrow then.
You mean Christmas.
Well at least they did not have to call a cab to send me home. ;D
True. But the cab ride wasn't for sanity, either.
Highly questionable claim.
I'm still wondering how the cab ride was "free".
Nothing's ever free. But it was subsidized by the federal government, so all of you had to chip in to cover it.
Oh, Obama-free.  Completely sustainable.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 11:04:11 AM
[...]

This is so pathetic.  Makes me miss the days of duck and cover drills because we might be nuked by the rooskies.  Just as ineffective, but at least that was a real threat.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 11:11:10 AM
[...]

Hays County School

Yeah remember these:
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 11:21:59 AM
[...]

Actually no, we didn't have any survival supplies in our little backwater Arkansas town.  We did have a tornado siren, though. Always knew when it was noon on the first Saturday of the month.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 11:24:41 AM
[...]

Most of those tornado sirens were actually the Civil Defense sirens.  1st Saturday at High Noon in Shreveport but we had those civil defense survival canisters in the school, of course we were also about 1 mile from an airbase full of nuk's and missiles too.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 11:27:38 AM
[...]

Still have those here, first Saturday of the month, like clockwork.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 11:30:55 AM
[...]

Long gone here but I think they still have them in Shreveport but do not still test them every month.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 11:38:31 AM
[...]

I figured since everyone has a smart phone with gubmint emergency notifications built-in those sirens would have been relegated to history's dustbin with typewriters and pay phones.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 11:40:26 AM
[...]

Sucked when the kids were little and napped during the day. Wife would always forget, then it would remind her and wake them up.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 11:59:36 AM
Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—October 15, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Cobb Salad
• Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
• Broiled Salmon with Tomato Caper Relish
• Vegetarian Entrée: Stuffed Acorn Squash

SIDES
• Roasted Vegetable Medley
• Scalloped Potatoes

DESSERT CHOICES
• Pecan Balls with Hot Fudge Sauce
• Coconut Cream Pielets
• Chocolate Toffee Cake

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 12:06:19 PM
Jericho Hill Box of 12 Honest Men finally arrived yesterday after a 10 day journey on the SurePost donkey jackass.  Jeez that SurePost sux!

They look nice but have been put away to rest for at least a few weeks in a comfy 70 degree/67 percent dark environment.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 12:13:49 PM
Jericho Hill Box of 12 Honest Men finally arrived yesterday after a 10 day journey on the SurePost donkey jackass.  Jeez that SurePost sux!

They look nice but have been put away to rest for at least a few weeks in a comfy 70 degree/67 percent dark environment.
Sounds like they had quite and adventure.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2015, 12:48:31 PM
Jericho Hill Box of 12 Honest Men finally arrived yesterday after a 10 day journey on the SurePost donkey jackass.  Jeez that SurePost sux!

They look nice but have been put away to rest for at least a few weeks in a comfy 70 degree/67 percent dark environment.
CB's fault
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2015, 12:49:43 PM
Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—October 15, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Cobb Salad
• Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
• Broiled Salmon with Tomato Caper Relish
• Vegetarian Entrée: Stuffed Acorn Squash

SIDES
• Roasted Vegetable Medley
• Scalloped Potatoes

DESSERT CHOICES
• Pecan Balls with Hot Fudge Sauce
• Coconut Cream Pielets
• Chocolate Toffee Cake

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread
Question on the dessert - Do they serve any other parts of the Pecan?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 12:51:52 PM
Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—October 15, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Cobb Salad
• Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
• Broiled Salmon with Tomato Caper Relish
• Vegetarian Entrée: Stuffed Acorn Squash

SIDES
• Roasted Vegetable Medley
• Scalloped Potatoes

DESSERT CHOICES
• Pecan Balls with Hot Fudge Sauce
• Coconut Cream Pielets
• Chocolate Toffee Cake

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread
Question on the dessert - Do they serve any other parts of the Pecan?
Wondered who the first smartazz would be, should have known!   This is mountain oyster country so it is balls only.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2015, 01:21:39 PM
Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—October 15, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Cobb Salad
• Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
• Broiled Salmon with Tomato Caper Relish
• Vegetarian Entrée: Stuffed Acorn Squash

SIDES
• Roasted Vegetable Medley
• Scalloped Potatoes

DESSERT CHOICES
• Pecan Balls with Hot Fudge Sauce
• Coconut Cream Pielets
• Chocolate Toffee Cake

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread
Question on the dessert - Do they serve any other parts of the Pecan?
Wondered who the first smartazz would be, should have known!   This is mountain oyster country so it is balls only.
1/2 smartazz Sheesh
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 01:35:45 PM
[...]

Balls only.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 01:36:42 PM
[...]

Other 1/2? :)
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 01:48:19 PM
[...]

That would be the twig.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 02:12:05 PM
[...]

I tried to refrain, but since biebs broke the ice.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdFkbgGwOV8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdFkbgGwOV8)
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 02:13:17 PM
[...]

You and Fish, about 2 of a kind.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2015, 02:25:48 PM
About that time. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 02:41:05 PM
About that time. Hazzuh!
Hachoo to you too.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 02:41:22 PM
Workaference is an absolute pain in the ass.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on October 15, 2015, 03:18:50 PM
Ho hum...
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on October 15, 2015, 03:26:00 PM
Rocky getting into the Nub business - 41/2 x 54.  Rocky Patel Rockchilde.  Cute play on words.  Some marketing mastermind paid big bucks to come up with that one.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 03:29:41 PM
Rocky getting into the Nub business - 41/2 x 54.  Rocky Patel Rockchilde.  Cute play on words.  Some marketing mastermind paid big bucks to come up with that one.
Rocky is a Nub
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on October 15, 2015, 03:33:22 PM
Rocky getting into the Nub business - 41/2 x 54.  Rocky Patel Rockchilde.  Cute play on words.  Some marketing mastermind paid big bucks to come up with that one.
Rocky is a Nub
No, that's his cousin.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 03:35:33 PM
Rocky getting into the Nub business - 41/2 x 54.  Rocky Patel Rockchilde.  Cute play on words.  Some marketing mastermind paid big bucks to come up with that one.
Rocky is a Nub
No, that's his cousin.
Then that would make Rocky an Ash
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 03:55:18 PM
Market closes in about 5 minutes but currently:

DOW   +216
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 03:56:08 PM
I am carrying my azz to the house and for me IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!! ;D

BBL with something lit.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on October 15, 2015, 04:01:55 PM
Rocky getting into the Nub business - 41/2 x 54.  Rocky Patel Rockchilde.  Cute play on words.  Some marketing mastermind paid big bucks to come up with that one.
Rocky is a Nub
No, that's his cousin.
Then that would make Rocky an Ash
A firm one - TWSS.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on October 15, 2015, 04:02:22 PM
I am carrying my azz to the house and for me IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!! ;D

BBL with something lit.
Have a great weekend.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:10:53 PM
CLE Cuarenta 11/18 lit with some lime sparkling water.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:26:13 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 05:28:37 PM
While not the best they have to offer we got SEC Football on tonight!

Auburn vs Kentucky @ 7:00 EST on ESPN.   Auburn a 2.5 point favorite.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 06:29:36 PM
Another SHEESH!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 06:35:11 PM
Sheeshing along with you...
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 06:37:37 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Evening Mayor, end of the year is a ways off.

Win win win!
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 06:57:39 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Evening Mayor, end of the year is a ways off.

Win win win!
Well the next layoff announcement doesn't come out till January.  Therefore, they'll work you to the bone until then.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on October 15, 2015, 07:02:10 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Evening Mayor, end of the year is a ways off.

Win win win!
Well the next layoff announcement doesn't come out till January.  Therefore, they'll work you to the bone until then.
Layoffs?  Layoffs!  Layoffs!?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 07:32:54 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Evening Mayor, end of the year is a ways off.

Win win win!
Well the next layoff announcement doesn't come out till January.  Therefore, they'll work you to the bone until then.
Exactly, ask my warden! But she said they actually thinned out a bunch of deadbeats.  A purge titled layoffs.  Only 2 voluntary early retirements in her office and she actually came out to the better.  That said thoughif oil  prices don't rise considerably soon anything might happen.  Halliburton has let 22,000 people go this year.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 07:45:08 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 08:23:20 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 15, 2015, 08:39:21 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 09:38:51 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
I tried to get a job at Amazon. They saw through my bullshit.

Granted, I was trying to get a job way beyond my expertise.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 09:59:34 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
I tried to get a job at Amazon. They saw through my bullshit.

Granted, I was trying to get a job way beyond my expertise.
As a cloud architect/engineer?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 10:03:32 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
I tried to get a job at Amazon. They saw through my bullshit.

Granted, I was trying to get a job way beyond my expertise.
As a cloud architect/engineer?
No, as a software engineer.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2015, 10:21:51 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
I tried to get a job at Amazon. They saw through my bullshit.

Granted, I was trying to get a job way beyond my expertise.
As a cloud architect/engineer?
No, as a software engineer.
I would have hired you.
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 11:15:06 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
I tried to get a job at Amazon. They saw through my bullshit.

Granted, I was trying to get a job way beyond my expertise.
As a cloud architect/engineer?
No, as a software engineer.
I would have hired you.
Yes, but being your cigar cutter doesn't pay much, I expect. ;-)
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2015, 11:34:00 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
I tried to get a job at Amazon. They saw through my bullshit.

Granted, I was trying to get a job way beyond my expertise.
But don't you already have that?
Title: Re: 10/15/2015
Post by: razgueado on October 15, 2015, 11:37:27 PM
On my way to the boys' soccer game.  Workaferenced like fucking crazy today and expecting more of the same till the end of the year.
Yup. Same here.
Eight years with the same firm, might be time to start looking anyways.  I'll tell the next place that I'm a cloud architect and they'll pay me double.  That's what they did at my current place;  paid a guy, who seemingly knows shit, tons of cash because he has a certificate from Amazon.
You got it
I tried to get a job at Amazon. They saw through my bullshit.

Granted, I was trying to get a job way beyond my expertise.
But don't you already have that?
GFY, smartass.