CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 15, 2014, 12:00:19 AM

Title: 6/15/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on June 15, 2014, 12:00:19 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 12:29:11 AM
I guess we are all getting laid, as per CB/Mikes directive. Not me though, no warden here at the moment!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:04:45 AM
I guess we are all getting laid, as per CB/Mikes directive. Not me though, no warden here at the moment!
Howdy Ken, no pussy here for me either!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:10:29 AM
My Daughter and youngest twin son were here today for Fathers Day, great time I thought!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 01:13:18 AM
My Daughter and youngest twin son were here today for Fathers Day, great time I thought!
That is great, Johnny!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:18:18 AM
Ken, we just had a quiet little t/storm roll thru,don't think it even rained.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 01:24:06 AM
Ken, we just had a quiet little t/storm roll thru,don't think it even rained.
had to cut grass, because the neighbors cut grass the other day. It has been sunny, but the rains last week made it grow quick.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:27:04 AM
Ken, we just had a quiet little t/storm roll thru,don't think it even rained.
had to cut grass, because the neighbors cut grass the other day. It has been sunny, but the rains last week made it grow quick.
Best thing about being a renter, my land lord does all the mowing, and he waits 'til he knows I'm not sleeping!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:36:01 AM
Anybody actually smoked these Petersons?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:37:36 AM
Anybody actually smoked these Petersons?
Anybody actually still awake?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:39:21 AM
 5 Peterson Churchill
          5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:41:04 AM
Morning Chip.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:41:09 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:43:48 AM
The Sis went all out today for their Fathers Day deals, not.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:45:57 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Happy Fathers Day to you Chip!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:46:48 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Happy Fathers Day to you Chip!
Thank you Sir and same to you.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:48:42 AM
My Daughter and youngest twin son were here today for Fathers Day, great time I thought!
///:We went to breakfast with my Daughter and her family, my son is working all weekend and couldn't make the drive down so I only got to see 1 of my children also.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:50:13 AM
Partagas Serie P Tubo from a couple of years ago that was kindly gifted by Sandy Steve.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:52:59 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Happy Fathers Day to you Chip!
Thank you Sir and same to you.
Chip, any thoughts on these Petersons?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 01:53:35 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Morning, Chip & John, and all!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:55:02 AM
Partagas Serie P Tubo from a couple of years ago that was kindly gifted by Sandy Steve.
I miss Steve being on here, wish he would check in every so often.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 01:56:01 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Morning, Chip & John, and all!
Howdy Ken.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:58:38 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Happy Fathers Day to you Chip!
Thank you Sir and same to you.
Chip, any thoughts on these Petersons?
I honestly haven't heard of anyone trying these, no one wants to be the guinea pig I guess.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:59:30 AM
Partagas Serie P Tubo from a couple of years ago that was kindly gifted by Sandy Steve.
I miss Steve being on here, wish he would check in every so often.
+1 I do miss his humor. I think he is trying to stay away and smoke down his stash.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 02:00:08 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Morning, Chip & John, and all!
Howdy Ken.
Going to bed, and will chat with y'all manana!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 02:00:28 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Happy Fathers Day to you Chip!
Thank you Sir and same to you.
Chip, any thoughts on these Petersons?
I honestly haven't heard of anyone trying these, no one wants to be the guinea pig I guess.
Me either, I'm broke as usual or I'd order a 5er, maybe next time.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 02:01:22 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Morning, Chip & John, and all!
Howdy Ken.
Going to bed, and will chat with y'all manana!
G'nite Ken, not far behind you.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:02:28 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Morning, Chip & John, and all!
Howdy Ken.
Going to bed, and will chat with y'all manana!
Have a good night Ken.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:04:02 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Happy Fathers Day to you Chip!
Thank you Sir and same to you.
Chip, any thoughts on these Petersons?
I honestly haven't heard of anyone trying these, no one wants to be the guinea pig I guess.
Me either, I'm broke as usual or I'd order a 5er, maybe next time.
Same here JR, T 52's next door at a good price with the 17% off code but only looking for budget smokes right now.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 02:11:42 AM
Good morning JR and Ken.
Happy Fathers Day to you Chip!
Thank you Sir and same to you.
Chip, any thoughts on these Petersons?
I honestly haven't heard of anyone trying these, no one wants to be the guinea pig I guess.
Me either, I'm broke as usual or I'd order a 5er, maybe next time.
Same here JR, T 52's next door at a good price with the 17% off code but only looking for budget smokes right now.
I'll just leave them for Jwacky, he gets off on those!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:26:50 AM
Today is Sunday, June 15, the 166th day of 2014. There are 199 days left in the year. This is Father's Day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:27:47 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On June 15, 1864, Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton signed an order establishing a military burial ground which became Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:28:34 AM
In 1215, England's King John put his seal to Magna Carta ("the Great Charter") at Runnymede.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:29:25 AM
In 1775, the Second Continental Congress voted unanimously to appoint George Washington head of the Continental Army.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:30:12 AM
In 1836, Arkansas became the 25th state.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 15, 2014, 02:31:23 AM
In 1215, England's King John put his seal to Magna Carta ("the Great Charter") at Runnymede.
Bedtime Chip, see Y'all tomorrow!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:31:27 AM
In 1849, James Polk, the 11th president of the United States, died in Nashville, Tennessee.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:32:12 AM
In 1902, the 20th Century Limited, an express passenger train between New York and Chicago, began service. (The Limited made its last run in December 1967.)
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:34:38 AM
In 1904, more than 1,000 people died when fire erupted aboard the steamboat General Slocum in New York's East River.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:35:38 AM
In 1934, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed an act making the National Guard part of the U.S. Army in the event of war or national emergency.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:36:31 AM
In 1944, American forces began their successful invasion of Saipan (sy-PAN') during World War II. B-29 Superfortresses carried out their first raids on Japan.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:37:28 AM
In 1962, Students for a Democratic Society issued the Port Huron Statement at the conclusion of a five-day convention in Michigan.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:38:35 AM
In 1978, King Hussein (hoo-SAYN') of Jordan married 26-year-old American Lisa Halaby, who became Queen Noor.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:39:08 AM
In 1984, composer-librettist Meredith Willson ("The Music Man") died in Santa Monica, California, at age 82.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:40:05 AM
In 1994, Israel and the Vatican established full diplomatic relations. The Walt Disney animated feature "The Lion King" was released by Buena Vista Pictures.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:40:44 AM
Ten years ago: The Southern Baptist Convention quit a global federation of Baptist denominations during a meeting in Indianapolis as SBC leaders denounced the Baptist World Alliance and other groups for accepting liberal theology. Tim Berners-Lee received the $1.2 million Millennium Technology Prize in Helsinki, Finland, for creating the World Wide Web. The Detroit Pistons beat the Los Angeles Lakers 100-87 in Game 5 of the NBA Finals for their first championship in 14 years.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:41:41 AM
Five years ago: Gen. Stanley McChrystal took charge of nearly 90,000 U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan. President Barack Obama, pushing health care reform before the annual meeting of the American Medical Association in Chicago, bluntly told the doctors he was against their highest legislative priority — limiting malpractice awards. The president returned to the White House, where he met with Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:42:31 AM
One year ago: Wild celebrations broke out in Tehran and other cities as reformist-backed Hassan Rowhani capped a stunning surge to claim Iran's presidency. Paul Soros, 87, a successful innovator in shipping, philanthropist and older brother of billionaire financier George Soros, died in New York.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:43:09 AM
Today's Birthdays: Former New York Governor Mario Cuomo (KWOH'-moh) is 82. Rhythm-and-blues singer Ruby Nash Garnett (Ruby and the Romantics) is 80. Rock singer-actor Johnny Hallyday is 71. Actor Simon Callow is 65. Singer Russell Hitchcock (Air Supply) is 65. Rock singer Steve Walsh (Kansas) is 63. Comedian-actor Jim Belushi is 60. Country singer Terri Gibbs is 60. Actress Julie Hagerty is 59. Rock musician Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) is 57. Baseball Hall-of-Famer Wade Boggs is 56. Actress Eileen Davidson is 55. Bluegrass musician Terry Smith is 54. Actress Helen Hunt is 51. Rock musician Scott Rockenfield (Queensryche) is 51. Actress Courteney Cox is 50. Country musician Tony Ardoin is 50. Country musician Michael Britt (Lonestar) is 48. Contemporary Christian musician Rob Mitchell is 48. Rock musician Jimmy McD is 46. Actor-rapper Ice Cube is 45. Actress Leah Remini is 44. Actor Jake Busey is 43. Bluegrass singer-musician Jamie Johnson is 42. Rock musician T-Bone Willy (Save Ferris) is 42. Actor Neil Patrick Harris is 41. Actor Greg Vaughan is 41. Actress Elizabeth Reaser is 39. Rock singer Dryden Mitchell (Alien Ant Farm) is 38. Rock musician Billy Martin (Good Charlotte) is 33. Actor Denzel Whitaker is 24.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:44:10 AM
Thought for Today: "In trying to make something new, half the undertaking lies in discovering whether it can be done. Once it has been established that it can, duplication is inevitable." — Helen Gahagan Douglas, U.S. Representative (1900-1980).
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:46:41 AM
Cops with a Sense of Humor
-------------------------

Who says cops don't have a sense of humor? The following were taken off of actual police car videos around the country.

"Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

"Take your hands off the car, and I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

"If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

"Can you run faster than 1,200 feet per second? In case you didn't know, that is the average speed of a 9 mm bullet fired from my gun."

"So you don't know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

"Yes, Sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh ... did I mention that I am the shift supervisor?"

"Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

"The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

"Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy, and step in monkey poop."

"Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

"Just how big were those two beers?"

"No sir we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

"I'm glad to hear the Chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours. At least you know someone who can post your bail."

"You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here."
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:49:25 AM
Good morning Gyaldig and welcome to the banter. Post and post often.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:52:01 AM
Good morning Syalxbg and welcome to the banter. Post and post often.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:54:58 AM
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 03:01:04 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy the Fathers Day jam.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 05:04:36 AM
good morning and Happy Father's Day. at the golf course for a quick round. teeing off in about 5 minutes.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:27:06 AM
good morning and Happy Father's Day. at the golf course for a quick round. teeing off in about 5 minutes.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:28:38 AM
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 06:05:09 AM
Tony, a couple more spam bots for you. Look at their 1 post they made.
Kyalaai **Newbie Status
Syalxbg **Newbie Status
And a third one
Yyalnhf **Newbie Status
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 06:05:45 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 06:08:22 AM
Tony, a couple more spam bots for you. Look at their 1 post they made.
Kyalaai **Newbie Status
Syalxbg **Newbie Status
And a third one
Yyalnhf **Newbie Status
and another one
MeganFcom **Newbie Status
Porn site spam bots are on a roll this weekend.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Short stack on June 15, 2014, 06:11:48 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning sir,Happy Father's Day to you even tho it might be better for you if not for work,Enjoy your afternoon
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 06:42:19 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning sir,Happy Father's Day to you even tho it might be better for you if not for work,Enjoy your afternoon
Happy Father's Day to you also and enjoy the day Sir.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 06:42:34 AM
  8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 06:49:46 AM
Morning Short Stack and another Good Morning LSU.  Hope both of you enjoy a Happy Father's Day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 07:03:50 AM
 9 La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto
           9/19.99
 8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 07:05:28 AM
Morning Short Stack and another Good Morning LSU.  Hope both of you enjoy a Happy Father's Day.
Morning Native, Happy Fathers Day to you also.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Short stack on June 15, 2014, 07:08:12 AM
Morning Short Stack and another Good Morning LSU.  Hope both of you enjoy a Happy Father's Day.
Same to You Sir
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fitzy on June 15, 2014, 07:22:42 AM
Good morning gents!  Happy Fathers Day!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 07:29:22 AM
Good morning gents!  Happy Fathers Day!

And a Happy Fathers Day to you Fitzy.  I got your PM but something was screwed up and the site would not let me reply.  I am a Ronson Jet Lite whore and always trying to introduce others to a great long lasting classic for under $5.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 07:41:11 AM
Good morning gents!  Happy Fathers Day!
Good morning Pat.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 07:42:21 AM
Whoops time again at the Jam.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 07:44:30 AM
Whoops time again at the Jam.
its been Whooping all morning, they really need a better site manager.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 15, 2014, 07:44:57 AM
Ten years ago: The Southern Baptist Convention quit a global federation of Baptist denominations during a meeting in Indianapolis as SBC leaders denounced the Baptist World Alliance and other groups for accepting liberal theology. Tim Berners-Lee received the $1.2 million Millennium Technology Prize in Helsinki, Finland, for creating the World Wide Web. The Detroit Pistons beat the Los Angeles Lakers 100-87 in Game 5 of the NBA Finals for their first championship in 14 years.
I thought it was Al Gore?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 07:46:07 AM
Ten years ago: The Southern Baptist Convention quit a global federation of Baptist denominations during a meeting in Indianapolis as SBC leaders denounced the Baptist World Alliance and other groups for accepting liberal theology. Tim Berners-Lee received the $1.2 million Millennium Technology Prize in Helsinki, Finland, for creating the World Wide Web. The Detroit Pistons beat the Los Angeles Lakers 100-87 in Game 5 of the NBA Finals for their first championship in 14 years.
I thought it was Al Gore?
He also claimed to inventing the wheel and they just won't recognize him for that one either.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fitzy on June 15, 2014, 07:47:24 AM
Good morning gents!  Happy Fathers Day!

And a Happy Fathers Day to you Fitzy.  I got your PM but something was screwed up and the site would not let me reply.  I am a Ronson Jet Lite whore and always trying to introduce others to a great long lasting classic for under $5.
No worries... Iactually use the jetline zippo insert as my lighter of choice.  Don't know if it's made by the same people.  And on this Father's Day, I will be using it!  Thanks again!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 15, 2014, 07:52:21 AM
Where the heck is the mod for this site, the wolves are at the gate and we need some policing.  Sleeping in or breakfast in bed I imagine.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 07:52:50 AM
Morning and Happy Fathers Day Jersey Dave.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 15, 2014, 07:54:28 AM
Morning and Happy Fathers Day Jersey Dave.
Thank you sir, and the same to you.  Enjoying a CLE Cuarenta 11/18 with my coffee this morning.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 15, 2014, 07:55:22 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all of you of that persuasion.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 07:58:32 AM
Morning and Happy Fathers Day Jersey Dave.
Thank you sir, and the same to you.  Enjoying a CLE Cuarenta 11/18 with my coffee this morning.
Excellent way to start off the day.  Just CDM coffee for me this early.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 08:08:43 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all ! .
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 08:11:46 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all ! .
Good morning and Happy Father's Day to you DD.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 08:19:34 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all ! .
Morning and Happy Fathers Day to you Dog D.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 15, 2014, 08:23:24 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy the Fathers Day jam.
Sheesh, do you only get Thursdays off?  As usual, recaps appreciated.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 08:25:51 AM
Happy Father's Day everyone!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 08:32:38 AM
10 Four Kicks by Crowned Heads Robusto
         10/39.99
 9 La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto
           5/19.99
 8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 08:33:19 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy the Fathers Day jam.
Sheesh, do you only get Thursdays off?  As usual, recaps appreciated.
Thursday and Saturdays. Good morning Tony and Happy Father's Day to ya.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 08:34:07 AM
Happy Father's Day everyone!
Good luck with your's also.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
Happy Father's Day everyone!
Good luck with your's also.

Thanks - I have to put my patio back together today. Had to excavate a tree root that had grown under it. Wheeeeee.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 08:50:43 AM
Happy Father's Day everyone!
Good luck with your's also.

Thanks - I have to put my patio back together today. Had to excavate a tree root that had grown under it. Wheeeeee.
that sounds like fun. Down here people like to plant pretty Cypress trees around there house, no a good idea as they produce huge cypress knees and roots travel every where looking for water.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 08:51:03 AM
well that was fun. shot and 89. warming up now. guess I'm expected to meet the family at noon for lunch. my daughter is out of town so I guess I'll at least enjoy Father's Day with FIL. hooe everyone has a good day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 15, 2014, 08:58:21 AM
Where the heck is the mod for this site, the wolves are at the gate and we need some policing.  Sleeping in or breakfast in bed I imagine.
Sorry about that.  Really strange how they seem to post on the calendar.  I think it's been taken care of now.  If this doesn't work I'm gonna have to make the policy more strict.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 15, 2014, 09:01:14 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy the Fathers Day jam.
Sheesh, do you only get Thursdays off?  As usual, recaps appreciated.
Thursday and Saturdays. Good morning Tony and Happy Father's Day to ya.
Thank you.  You too.  I thought you and LTG were off on Thursdays and worked on Saturdays.  My mistake.  Gonna have to get BD to update his file.   :-)
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 15, 2014, 09:04:15 AM
well that was fun. shot and 89. warming up now. guess I'm expected to meet the family at noon for lunch. my daughter is out of town so I guess I'll at least enjoy Father's Day with FIL. hooe everyone has a good day.
Thanks brother.  Sounds like a great start to the day for you.  Wishing the rest of it is equally successful.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 09:12:37 AM
11 Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown Torpedo
          5/29.50
10 Four Kicks by Crowned Heads Robusto
         10/39.99
 9 La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto
           5/19.99
 8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 15, 2014, 09:15:09 AM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 09:20:42 AM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 15, 2014, 09:22:03 AM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Good morning, Will.  That's every day.  Haha.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 09:38:42 AM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Good morning, Will.  That's every day.  Haha.
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Good morning, Will.  That's every day.  Haha.

Indeed, and what would make today any different?  Going to make some pork roll soon.  I'm thinking I'll smoke an Epernay today.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Regency on June 15, 2014, 09:45:48 AM
Good morning and Happy Fathers Day to those that were lucky enough to find a woman stupid enough to reproduce with ya!   :D
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 09:53:32 AM
Fathers then & now

In 1900, fathers prayed their children would learn English.

Today, fathers pray their children will speak English.

In 1900, a father's horsepower meant his horses.

Today, it's the size of his minivan.

In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.

Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.

In 1900, a father waited for the doctor to tell him when the baby arrived.

Today, a father must wear a smock, know how to breathe, and make sure film is in the video camera.

In 1900, fathers passed on clothing to their sons.

Today, kids wouldn't touch Dad's clothes if they were sliding naked down an icicle.

In 1900, fathers could count on children to join the family business.

Today, fathers pray their kids will soon come home from college long enough to teach them how to work the computer and set the VCR.

In 1900, fathers pined for old country Romania, Italy, or Russia.

Today, fathers pine for old country Hank Williams.

In 1900, a father smoked a pipe.

If he tries that today, he gets sent outside after a lecture on lip cancer.

In 1900, fathers shook their children gently and whispered, "Wake up, it's time for school."

Today, kids shake their fathers violently at 4 a.m., shouting: "Wake up, it's time for hockey practice."

In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at the supper table.

Today, a father comes home to a note: "Jimmy's at baseball, Cindy's at gymnastics, I'm at adult-Ed, Pizza in fridge."

In 1900, fathers and sons would have heart-to-heart conversations while fishing in a stream.

Today, fathers pluck the headphones off their sons' ears and shout, "WHEN YOU HAVE A MINUTE.."

In 1900, a father gave a pencil box for Christmas, and the kid was all smiles.

Today, a father spends $800 at Toys 'R' Us, and the kid screams: "I wanted Sega!"

In 1900, if a father had breakfast in bed, it was eggs and bacon and ham and potatoes.

Today, it's Special K, soy milk, dry toast and a lecture on cholesterol.

In 1900, a Father's Day gift would be a hand tool.

Today, he'll get a digital organizer.

In 1900, fathers said, "A man's home is his castle."

Today, they say, "Welcome to the money pit."

In 1900, "a good day at the market" meant Father brought home feed for the horses.

Today, "a good day at the market" means Dad got in early on an IPO.

In 1900, a happy meal was when Father shared funny stories around the table.

Today, a happy meal is what Dad buys at McDonald's.

In 1900, a father was involved if he spanked the kid now and then.

Today, a father's involved only if he coaches Little League and organizes Boy Scouts and car pools.

In 1900, when fathers entered the room, children often rose to attention.

Today, kids glance up and grunt, "Dad, you're invading my space."

In 1900, fathers threatened their daughters suiters with shotguns if the girl came home late.

Today, fathers break the ice by saying, "So...how long have you had that earring?"

In 1900, fathers pined for the old school, which meant a one-room, red-brick building.

Today, fathers pine for the old school, which means Dr J and Mickey Mantle.

In 1900, fathers were never truly appreciated.

In 2014, fathers are never truly appreciated.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 09:53:44 AM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Hey Mutherfucker, What's on fire?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 09:57:23 AM
Damn spam bots, ya got another one Tony.
AndresSek Newbie Status
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 09:59:21 AM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Hey Mutherfucker, What's on fire?

Breakfast food still.  Probably have a Le Matin in a bit.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 10:00:24 AM
A small boy came up to his dad and meekly said "Daddy, Daddy, can I have another glass of water please?" The dad replied "But I've given you 10 glasses of water already son!" The little boy then said, "Oh yes daddy, but the bedroom is still on fire!"
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 10:03:22 AM
“Dad, are bugs good to eat?” asked the boy.

“Let’s not talk about such things at the dinner table, son,” his father replied.

After dinner the father inquired, “Now, son, what did you want to ask me?”

“Oh, nothing,” the boy said.  “There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone.”
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 10:04:05 AM
A small boy was at the zoo with his father.  They were looking at the tigers, and his father was telling him how ferocious they were.

“Daddy, if the tigers got out and ate you up…”

“Yes, son?” the father asked, ready to console him.

“ …Which bus would I take home?”
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 10:05:17 AM
Son: For $20, I’ll be good.
Dad: Oh, yeah?  When I was your age, I was good for nothing.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 10:07:08 AM
Happy Father's Day.

I'm gone.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 10:30:33 AM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Hey Mutherfucker, What's on fire?

Breakfast food still.  Probably have a Le Matin in a bit.
same here, I was thinking maybe a Perla del Mar to start the day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 10:43:55 AM
12 Torano Hogshead Toro
         10/29.50
11 Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown Torpedo
          5/29.50
10 Four Kicks by Crowned Heads Robusto
         10/39.99
 9 La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto
           5/19.99
 8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on June 15, 2014, 10:49:38 AM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on June 15, 2014, 10:50:42 AM
********************** Los Angeles Kings 2014 Stanley Cup Champions*******************
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 11:00:50 AM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!
Enjoy Jeff!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 11:05:57 AM
13 Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully
         10/37.50
12 Torano Hogshead Toro
         10/29.50
11 Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown Torpedo
          5/29.50
10 Four Kicks by Crowned Heads Robusto
         10/39.99
 9 La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto
           5/19.99
 8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 11:06:17 AM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!
Enjoy Jeff!
+1
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 11:06:35 AM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!
Enjoy Jeff!
Howdy Fred/Bob.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 11:07:46 AM
Perla del Mar is a great morning smoke.  I need to get another box.  Where the hell is BD with the discount code!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 11:16:55 AM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!
Enjoy Jeff!
Howdy Fred/Bob.
Hiya Chip
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
14 Tatuaje Nicaragua Cojonu '12 Maduro
          5/39.99
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 11:51:28 AM
15 AB/Gurkha Boutique Showdown Sampler
          12/39.99
[...]
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 12:00:41 PM
Perla del Mar is a great morning smoke.  I need to get another box.  Where the hell is BD with the discount code!
dad40 can't be used with them,  sheesh!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 15, 2014, 12:07:06 PM
Happy Father's Day.

I'm gone.
Thanks for that Dean!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 15, 2014, 12:09:04 PM
Considered waking up early this morning so that I could have a nice cup of coffee and a morning cigar.  Slept in instead and I'm regretting it.  That might have been my only chance to smoke today.  It's gorgeous here today too.

Happy GFY day.
Happy Good Father of the Year Day to you as well!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Regency on June 15, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!

Sheesh, and I was up at 5 getting the ribs and brisket ready for the pit, now cooking for our meal, and fixing the wife's squeaky chair.  Havent had the time to finish a full cup of coffee yet.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 15, 2014, 12:26:37 PM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!

Sheesh, and I was up at 5 getting the ribs and brisket ready for the pit, now cooking for our meal, and fixing the wife's squeaky chair.  Havent had the time to finish a full cup of coffee yet.
Hopefully you get to put your feet up and enjoy the day soon.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Regency on June 15, 2014, 12:31:56 PM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!

Sheesh, and I was up at 5 getting the ribs and brisket ready for the pit, now cooking for our meal, and fixing the wife's squeaky chair.  Havent had the time to finish a full cup of coffee yet.
Hopefully you get to put your feet up and enjoy the day soon.

Not my style anyway.  Never been one to just sit still and chill.  Hopefully enjoying a smoke or two with my brother and dad after lunch today.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 12:37:18 PM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!

Sheesh, and I was up at 5 getting the ribs and brisket ready for the pit, now cooking for our meal, and fixing the wife's squeaky chair.  Havent had the time to finish a full cup of coffee yet.
Hopefully you get to put your feet up and enjoy the day soon.

Not my style anyway.  Never been one to just sit still and chill.  Hopefully enjoying a smoke or two with my brother and dad after lunch today.
Enjoy the times with your Father while you can. Hope you get your smoke in.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Regency on June 15, 2014, 12:47:05 PM
Good Morning Men!!! Just wanted to drop by and wish all my friends here a Happy Fathers Day!!!!! For 364 days in the year...we put up with a lot of crap...this is the ONE day to be pampered and cherished for everything we do!!!! Got in a couple of smokes yesterday and there will be more today!!! US Open and my ass on that couch!!! Have a great day!!!

Sheesh, and I was up at 5 getting the ribs and brisket ready for the pit, now cooking for our meal, and fixing the wife's squeaky chair.  Havent had the time to finish a full cup of coffee yet.
Hopefully you get to put your feet up and enjoy the day soon.

Not my style anyway.  Never been one to just sit still and chill.  Hopefully enjoying a smoke or two with my brother and dad after lunch today.
Enjoy the times with your Father while you can. Hope you get your smoke in.
Back at ya Chip.  Time above the dirt is short.  Had two friends lose their dads in the last couple months, today is very hard for them.  We never think this could be the last one and rightly so we shouldn't but cherish it as if it was.

Have a great day everyone.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 12:50:12 PM
[...]

It never gets any easier this time of year, no matter how many years pass us by.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 12:57:16 PM
Sheesh.  Finally the Le Matin begins.

http://imgur.com/9BfRpnG
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 01:02:57 PM
Off to have lunch with my son. have a great afternoon dads!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:03:37 PM
16 Brick House Robusto
          5/24.10
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 01:03:57 PM
Off to have lunch with my son. have a great afternoon dads!
Enjoy your afternoon!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:04:22 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9BfRpnG.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:05:00 PM
Well that test worked.  Looks like we can hot-link images using IMG tags to get around the board image size limit.  Cool.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 01:09:00 PM
Finished fixing the patio and come in to find....Brickhouse...can I get a sheesh? Going out to mow the lawn.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:11:04 PM
Finished fixing the patio and come in to find....Brickhouse...can I get a sheesh? Going out to mow the lawn.

Brickhouses are very nice smokes.  Too bad CI doesn't actually have a discount on them.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:27:31 PM
The Le Matin is going well.  A bit sweet with a dash of pepper, plenty of cedar and floral accents, some coffee/dark chocolate body, a bit leathery.  Very good.  This batch was bought last June, so a year of rest on it give or take a few days.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 01:30:45 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9BfRpnG.jpg)
Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:31:04 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9BfRpnG.jpg)
Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 01:35:32 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9BfRpnG.jpg)
Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Yes I know it's coffee , but what kind ? .
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:39:18 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9BfRpnG.jpg)
Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Yes I know it's coffee , but what kind ? .

That is Baronet's French Roast pod from my old Senseo.  I picked up that machine before K-Cups were the big thing, still works great.  I've found a handful of different pods that make really good coffee for a no effort/single serve type thing.  Works out well for when I feel like making no effort or don't want a half or whole pot.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:41:06 PM
Oh, and the nozzles on the Senseo do the crema/frothing thing automatically.  So it's black coffee that just went through special nozzles.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 01:43:35 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9BfRpnG.jpg)
Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Yes I know it's coffee , but what kind ? .

That is Baronet's French Roast pod from my old Senseo.  I picked up that machine before K-Cups were the big thing, still works great.  I've found a handful of different pods that make really good coffee for a no effort/single serve type thing.  Works out well for when I feel like making no effort or don't want a half or whole pot.
I had a senseo , can you still get the pods ? , the senseo maeks a  great cup of coffee .
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:44:52 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9BfRpnG.jpg)
Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Yes I know it's coffee , but what kind ? .

That is Baronet's French Roast pod from my old Senseo.  I picked up that machine before K-Cups were the big thing, still works great.  I've found a handful of different pods that make really good coffee for a no effort/single serve type thing.  Works out well for when I feel like making no effort or don't want a half or whole pot.
I had a senseo , can you still get the pods ? , the senseo maeks a  great cup of coffee .

Supermarkets still have the Philips pods sometimes.  Amazon has them, along with the Baronet, Melitta, Wolfgang, etc. etc.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 01:59:27 PM
Right around the 1 hour mark now, a bit past midway.  Burn is just a little too uneven.  Hoping it'll do a quick run to catch up before I need to touch it up.  The biggest flaw with the Le Matin is the burn--victim of the sharp press, I figure.

Lots of sweet tobacco--call it honey or creamy sweetness, along with floral notes and cedar.  Very rich tasting core flavors--roasted coffee, dark chocolate, but very balanced and even.  Just enough pepper to keep things together with everything else.

It seems a bit sweeter and more floral, over all, than the 2 year old Le Grande I had last weekend.  Less wood and dark chocolate.  Equally rich, though.  The whole of the Illusione line really underscores the importance of vitola, in my experience.

Flavor-wise, I have no problems with the Matin once it has a little age on it.  The sharp press makes the 46RG seem even smaller and results in harsh smoke if it's fresh or too wet or smoked too aggressively in the final third and it also seems to cause more burn issues overall (in my limited sample set, at least).
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:02:16 PM
17 CAO Black Gothic
         10/32.50
16 Brick House Robusto
          5/24.10
[...]
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 02:10:06 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip ! .
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:39:44 PM
18 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
17 CAO Black Gothic
         10/32.50
16 Brick House Robusto
          5/24.10
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 02:40:55 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip ! .
My pleasure sir, it helps to pass the work day. Speaking of which, time to head to the house and find something to eat.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 02:58:16 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 03:05:47 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
Fathers Day is always a downer for me also.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 03:06:14 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
Evening OY.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 03:07:10 PM
had a great lunch on my wife and the boy got me the My Father's special at the Atlantic.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 03:12:06 PM
had a great lunch on my wife and the boy got me the My Father's special at the Atlantic.
...SWEET!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 03:13:16 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
Evening OY.
Hey Chip, Im working today. Only 5 more hours to go.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 03:14:24 PM
The cigar we can not name is up on the Jam.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 03:16:20 PM
had a great lunch on my wife and the boy got me the My Father's special at the Atlantic.
...SWEET!
absolutely.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 03:18:12 PM
19 Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project Toro
         10/32.50
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 03:19:00 PM
had a great lunch on my wife and the boy got me the My Father's special at the Atlantic.
...SWEET!
absolutely.
Very nice Dean, I know you will enjoy that gift for sure.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 03:30:31 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 03:33:02 PM
had a great lunch on my wife and the boy got me the My Father's special at the Atlantic.
Very nice gift , enjoy them Dean .
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 03:37:13 PM
had a great lunch on my wife and the boy got me the My Father's special at the Atlantic.
...SWEET!
absolutely.
Very nice for sure.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 03:37:51 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 03:48:11 PM
going to fire up a Viaje Plantino given to me by Barry when he came back from CF 2014. found 1 article on it, http://halfwheel.com/viaje-platino-el-gallito, and the Vieje website was no help.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 03:48:18 PM
LGC Serie R Black lit here on the patio watching NASCAR.  Nice breeze today very comfortable out.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 04:00:10 PM
20 ACID Opulence 3 Toro
          5/24.50
[...]
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 04:07:14 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 04:23:23 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
My pleasure Dean. Is the woman in the pic your afternoon napping partner?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 04:28:16 PM
The cigar we can not name is up on the Jam.
which one is that?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 04:30:48 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
My pleasure Dean. Is the woman in the pic your afternoon napping partner?
not much napping if it was!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 04:36:17 PM
Happy Fathers Day, Fred .
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 04:39:07 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
My pleasure Dean. Is the woman in the pic your afternoon napping partner?
not much napping if it was!
That would be one heck of a Fathers Day present, I should be so lucky.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 04:40:21 PM
21 Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Criollo Robusto
         10/37.50
20 ACID Opulence 3 Toro
          5/24.50
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 04:44:29 PM
20 ACID Opulence 3 Toro
          5/24.50
[...]
Post by: dogdays on June 15, 2014, 04:45:50 PM
LOL , Too Cool Chip ! .
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 04:47:37 PM
LOL , Too Cool Chip ! .
I sure couldn't do this to my recaps next door.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 04:48:38 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
My pleasure Dean. Is the woman in the pic your afternoon napping partner?

I wish. very similar to my wife though.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 04:50:02 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
My pleasure Dean. Is the woman in the pic your afternoon napping partner?
not much napping if it was!
That would be one heck of a Fathers Day present, I should be so lucky.
we should all be so lucky.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 04:51:01 PM
LOL , Too Cool Chip ! .
I sure couldn't do this to my recaps next door.
cool indeed but gives me a headache.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 04:56:25 PM
Happy Fathers Day, Fred .
and to you dd!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:04:07 PM
Quote from: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 03:23:23 PM
Quote from: 3d on June 15, 2014, 03:07:14 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
My pleasure Dean. Is the woman in the pic your afternoon napping partner?

I wish. very similar to my wife though.
I am still thinking how nice it would be to come home to a woman like her every day, your a lucky man Dean.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 15, 2014, 05:13:56 PM
Quote from: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 03:23:23 PM
Quote from: 3d on June 15, 2014, 03:07:14 PM
thanks for the re-caps Chip.
My pleasure Dean. Is the woman in the pic your afternoon napping partner?

I wish. very similar to my wife though.
I am still thinking how nice it would be to come home to a woman like her every day, your a lucky man Dean.

not very lucky at all Chip, warden's been celibate for so long that if we were to get intimate again I'd feel I was cheating on her.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:26:10 PM
22 Whitetail Glass-Top Humidor
          1/25.00
[...]
Post by: JAC on June 15, 2014, 05:32:22 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
If there were just one person I could have a cigar with this afternoon.  Wouldn't even care if it was a Gurkha.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:43:45 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
If there were just one person I could have a cigar with this afternoon.  Wouldn't even care if it was a Gurkha.
Sounds like there are quite a few of us thinking the same thing today.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:43:57 PM
23 Palo Prieto Box of 12
          1/39.50
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:44:33 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
If there were just one person I could have a cigar with this afternoon.  Wouldn't even care if it was a Gurkha.
Good afternoon JAC.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 05:48:40 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
If there were just one person I could have a cigar with this afternoon.  Wouldn't even care if it was a Gurkha.
Sounds like there are quite a few of us thinking the same thing today.
Lot of us old farts on here!  My Dad's 100th birthday was last month.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: JAC on June 15, 2014, 05:49:49 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
If there were just one person I could have a cigar with this afternoon.  Wouldn't even care if it was a Gurkha.
Sounds like there are quite a few of us thinking the same thing today.

Afternoon, sir.  Trust all's well down LA way.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 05:51:08 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
If there were just one person I could have a cigar with this afternoon.  Wouldn't even care if it was a Gurkha.
I have posted this picture to honor my Dad today this was his smoke for many years
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:55:59 PM
Happy Fathers Day.....I miss my Dad!
+1
+1 more
Going good sir, how did your weekend go?
If there were just one person I could have a cigar with this afternoon.  Wouldn't even care if it was a Gurkha.
Sounds like there are quite a few of us thinking the same thing today.

Afternoon, sir.  Trust all's well down LA way.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:56:12 PM
24 La Perla Habana Classic Robusto
         10/22.50
23 Palo Prieto Box of 12
          1/39.50
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on June 15, 2014, 05:57:47 PM
Calling it a day guys, enjoy the rest if the jam and your Fahers day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 05:59:12 PM
I think I will get in the swimming pool for a dip.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 06:00:27 PM
Calling it a day guys, enjoy the rest if the jam and your Fahers day.
Thanks for all the recap work and enjoy your evening.  Just another damn workday Monday tomorrow!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: JAC on June 15, 2014, 06:01:05 PM
I think I will get in the swimming pool for a dip.

Might need to dry box that for a bit.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 15, 2014, 06:01:43 PM
I think I will get in the swimming pool for a dip.

Might need to dry box that for a bit.
Good point
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: JAC on June 15, 2014, 06:10:04 PM
Quintero maduro.  Decent flavors, but every single one of these from this box have been unsmokeable without being skeward.  Wonder if that had something to do with them being on clearance.  Shame, comely smoke.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 06:22:25 PM
Very aged Camacho.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 06:25:55 PM
Hey Ken.  Were you talking about the Espinosa Estella from Atlantic the other day?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 06:50:17 PM
Hey Ken.  Were you talking about the Espinosa Estella from Atlantic the other day?
Will, yes. I like 'em. KC seemed to like them too. If you want to try a couple, I'll send you some.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 06:58:06 PM
Hey Ken.  Were you talking about the Espinosa Estella from Atlantic the other day?
Will, yes. I like 'em. KC seemed to like them too. If you want to try a couple, I'll send you some.

I wouldn't mind trying them out, Ken, but don't be going out of your way to send me a few cigars.  I have plenty.

I was just looking at the sites today and I saw that it was supposed to be an Aganorsa leaf smoke that reviews mentioned had some similarities with the Epernay.  A solid $4 corona gorda that was in that style wouldn't be a bad thing to smoke.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 07:16:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 07:22:05 PM
Time for an Illusione 888.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 07:38:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
nice vid, Ken. Thanks.  " I can barely get my mouth around it" was my favorite part!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 07:51:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
nice vid, Ken. Thanks.  " I can barely get my mouth around it" was my favorite part!
yes, but she did get her mouth around it pretty nicely!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 07:54:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
nice vid, Ken. Thanks.  " I can barely get my mouth around it" was my favorite part!
yes, but she did get her mouth around it pretty nicely!
Yes she did!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 08:07:33 PM
Sheesh.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 08:09:07 PM
This cigar is at least 4.5 years old. I bought a box at a discount and this is the last of them, unless it was in a sampler, but would still be around that age.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: razgueado on June 15, 2014, 08:09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
nice vid, Ken. Thanks.  " I can barely get my mouth around it" was my favorite part!
Hoo, boy.  Evening guys.  Happy Father's Day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 08:10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
nice vid, Ken. Thanks.  " I can barely get my mouth around it" was my favorite part!
Hoo, boy.  Evening guys.  Happy Father's Day.
Howdy, Bret!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 08:21:35 PM
Time for an Illusione 888.

888 is very good.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 08:23:51 PM
My Daughter and youngest twin son were here today for Fathers Day, great time I thought!
Sounds like truly happy Father's Day.  Evening Reverend Red.  Just being reverential...
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: razgueado on June 15, 2014, 08:27:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
nice vid, Ken. Thanks.  " I can barely get my mouth around it" was my favorite part!
Hoo, boy.  Evening guys.  Happy Father's Day.
Howdy, Bret!
Howdy backatcha, Ken.  How's things?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 08:30:22 PM
Time for an Illusione 888.

888 is very good.
Delusiones!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 08:33:23 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 08:35:10 PM
Time for an Illusione 888.

888 is very good.
Delusiones!

Indeed.  Anything on fire, Mikey?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 08:37:58 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 08:39:00 PM
Good evening gents, and a Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there...!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 08:39:07 PM
Time for an Illusione 888.

888 is very good.
Delusiones!
Bowl of Stonehaven.

Indeed.  Anything on fire, Mikey?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 08:40:13 PM
Time for an Illusione 888.

888 is very good.
Delusiones!
Bowl of Stonehaven.

Indeed.  Anything on fire, Mikey?

Very informative.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 08:41:24 PM
Good evening gents, and a Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there...!
Happy Bad Dad's Day to you.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 08:43:34 PM
I didn't even know it was Father's Day until my grand-daughter called me about an hour ago and wished me one... :)  Well that covers my one son, but I'm not sure I rate one with my other son..?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 08:45:06 PM
Good evening gents, and a Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there...!
Happy Bad Dad's Day to you.
Thanks CB.... and a Happy one to you too..!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 08:45:27 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 08:47:42 PM
Time for an Illusione 888.

888 is very good.
Delusiones!
Bowl of Stonehaven.

Indeed.  Anything on fire, Mikey?

Very informative.
Hey, still getting use to cigarbanter and tippy tappin' on the iPad.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 08:47:46 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Good evening EA...  Do you happen to know what cigar Uncle Milty like to smoke..?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 08:49:25 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Indeed
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 08:56:51 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Good evening EA...  Do you happen to know what cigar Uncle Milty like to smoke..?
I found this little article on Uncle Milty...  Before flying on to Rome, Berle packed some 500 Havanas, but customs officials there informed him that visitors were limited to 100 cigars. Nonplussed, Ruth pulled out a cigar from her bag and asked Berle for a light. "She nearly choked to death smoking it," Berle recalled, "but it enabled us to bring another hundred cigars in."   Favorite cigar: H. Upmann
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 09:00:38 PM
I think I'll go peek into my humidor and see if anything jumps out at me...!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 09:02:19 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Good evening EA...  Do you happen to know what cigar Uncle Milty like to smoke..?
I found this little article on Uncle Milty...  Before flying on to Rome, Berle packed some 500 Havanas, but customs officials there informed him that visitors were limited to 100 cigars. Nonplussed, Ruth pulled out a cigar from her bag and asked Berle for a light. "She nearly choked to death smoking it," Berle recalled, "but it enabled us to bring another hundred cigars in."   Favorite cigar: H. Upmann
Be nice to afford 500 Cuban Upmann's in a single purchase.  Just envious...
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 09:04:05 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Good evening EA...  Do you happen to know what cigar Uncle Milty like to smoke..?

According to CA his favorite smoke was the Cuban H. Upmann Churchill.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 09:04:48 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Good evening EA...  Do you happen to know what cigar Uncle Milty like to smoke..?
I found this little article on Uncle Milty...  Before flying on to Rome, Berle packed some 500 Havanas, but customs officials there informed him that visitors were limited to 100 cigars. Nonplussed, Ruth pulled out a cigar from her bag and asked Berle for a light. "She nearly choked to death smoking it," Berle recalled, "but it enabled us to bring another hundred cigars in."   Favorite cigar: H. Upmann
Be nice to afford 500 Cuban Upmann's in a single purchase.  Just envious...

You beat me to it. Well played, sir.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 09:10:59 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Good evening EA...  Do you happen to know what cigar Uncle Milty like to smoke..?
I found this little article on Uncle Milty...  Before flying on to Rome, Berle packed some 500 Havanas, but customs officials there informed him that visitors were limited to 100 cigars. Nonplussed, Ruth pulled out a cigar from her bag and asked Berle for a light. "She nearly choked to death smoking it," Berle recalled, "but it enabled us to bring another hundred cigars in."   Favorite cigar: H. Upmann
Be nice to afford 500 Cuban Upmann's in a single purchase.  Just envious...

You beat me to it. Well played, sir.
Sorry about that... After I asked the question, I became very curious to find out...
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 09:13:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n9x6vGK3s
nice vid, Ken. Thanks.  " I can barely get my mouth around it" was my favorite part!
Hoo, boy.  Evening guys.  Happy Father's Day.
Howdy, Bret!
Howdy backatcha, Ken.  How's things?
Well, since you asked...Kidding, all is well as can be when you wake up for another day!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 09:14:00 PM
I think I'll go peek into my humidor and see if anything jumps out at me...!
I'd be a bit leery of anything that jumped out of my humidor.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 09:15:27 PM
Getting near the end of this 888.  Pulled out an old Padilla Miami toro.  Not an original 8&11.  I believe this one was a Christmas 09 purchase.

(http://i.imgur.com/WT5JMXN.jpg) (http://imgur.com/WT5JMXN)
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: EA on June 15, 2014, 09:16:15 PM
Evening everybody - hope you all had a great Father's Day.
Uncle Milty!

A great comedian as well as a cigar fan. May he be at peace.
Good evening EA...  Do you happen to know what cigar Uncle Milty like to smoke..?
I found this little article on Uncle Milty...  Before flying on to Rome, Berle packed some 500 Havanas, but customs officials there informed him that visitors were limited to 100 cigars. Nonplussed, Ruth pulled out a cigar from her bag and asked Berle for a light. "She nearly choked to death smoking it," Berle recalled, "but it enabled us to bring another hundred cigars in."   Favorite cigar: H. Upmann
Be nice to afford 500 Cuban Upmann's in a single purchase.  Just envious...

You beat me to it. Well played, sir.
Sorry about that... After I asked the question, I became very curious to find out...

You have chosen your account name wisely.  ;)
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 09:17:12 PM
I think I'll go peek into my humidor and see if anything jumps out at me...!
I'd be a bit leery of anything that jumped out of my humidor.
Actually, I had to do a little digging....  An UnderCrown seems to be calling my name.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 09:23:14 PM
I'm going to get me a cold beer, light my anti-wife cigar candles, and see if I can find a good cigar smoking movie to watch.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: razgueado on June 15, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
I think I'll go peek into my humidor and see if anything jumps out at me...!
If it does, kill it and make sure it wasn't eating your cigars.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 09:25:52 PM
[...]

The warden would agree about the cigar breath part.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 15, 2014, 09:29:07 PM
Ok, I'm off to drink beer, smoke a cigar, and watch a western (Four for Texas.)  Later..
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 09:39:16 PM
This 888 has been about perfect throughout.  Burn always caught up, plenty of smoke, gradual flavor changes throughout.  Resting since Feb '13.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 09:40:54 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 09:45:25 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
that's truedogs boy
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 09:47:53 PM
Driving to St. Paul tomorrow. Going to stop at Stogies On Grand. http://stogiesongrand.com
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 09:50:23 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
that's truedogs boy

Do the Illusiones/Epernays/Rs make the Oy cut?  Or did you get bored of them after a few each?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 09:57:17 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
that's truedogs boy

Do the Illusiones/Epernays/Rs make the Oy cut?  Or did you get bored of them after a few each?
only had one illusion and from what I recall it was a good cigar. I think the price has always kept me from stocking up.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 09:58:33 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
that's truedogs boy

Do the Illusiones/Epernays/Rs make the Oy cut?  Or did you get bored of them after a few each?
only had one illusion and from what I recall it was a good cigar. I think the price has always kept me from stocking up.
oh and the Rothschild are a GREAT cigar at the right price.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:06:07 PM
Nice to be home from work.....looooonnnng day.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
Thanx for reminding me about the illusion Rothschild, think that will be my smoke tomorrow.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 10:08:07 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
that's truedogs boy

Do the Illusiones/Epernays/Rs make the Oy cut?  Or did you get bored of them after a few each?
only had one illusion and from what I recall it was a good cigar. I think the price has always kept me from stocking up.
oh and the Rothschild are a GREAT cigar at the right price.

Even at its full MSRP of $3.99, I think it is a steal.  It's a shame so many places charge over retail, but it is that good of a stick.  Easily my favorite Mexican maduro.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:08:10 PM
18
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 10:08:49 PM
18

6.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
that's truedogs boy

Do the Illusiones/Epernays/Rs make the Oy cut?  Or did you get bored of them after a few each?
only had one illusion and from what I recall it was a good cigar. I think the price has always kept me from stocking up.
oh and the Rothschild are a GREAT cigar at the right price.

Even at its full MSRP of $3.99, I think it is a steal.  It's a shame so many places charge over retail, but it is that good of a stick.  Easily my favorite Mexican maduro.
agree, who has the best deal on them?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 10:10:14 PM
watching my first basketball game of the season. where is this LaBron guy that everyone talks about?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:12:31 PM
watching my first basketball game of the season. where is this LaBron guy that everyone talks about?
its football season FB
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 10:13:09 PM
For enabling:  20 Illusione cg4s for $112 after Dad40 on the mash.  About as good a price on them as we're like to see.  I've only had 1 in that vitola a whiles back, but like all of Dion's smokes it was very good.
that's truedogs boy

Do the Illusiones/Epernays/Rs make the Oy cut?  Or did you get bored of them after a few each?
only had one illusion and from what I recall it was a good cigar. I think the price has always kept me from stocking up.
oh and the Rothschild are a GREAT cigar at the right price.

Even at its full MSRP of $3.99, I think it is a steal.  It's a shame so many places charge over retail, but it is that good of a stick.  Easily my favorite Mexican maduro.
agree, who has the best deal on them?

No one right now, really, since they're pretty much OOS everywhere.  I think BCP has them in stock for like $220 a box.

Cigars At Your Price accepts $156, Cigarplze.biz is a regular price of $180 I think.  Otherwise, whoever is running a coupon.  Famous is OOS, but at $202 with the 40 off that would be pretty killer.  Alas, can't backorder.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 10:13:50 PM
Correction, BCP is on backorder at $210 a box.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 10:16:25 PM
Nice to be home from work.....looooonnnng day.
How long was it?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:16:36 PM
Correction, BCP is on backorder at $210 a box.
BCP?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 10:18:15 PM
Correction, BCP is on backorder at $210 a box.
BCP?

Bestcigarprices.com
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
Nice to be home from work.....looooonnnng day.
How long was it?
12".... Oh 14 hours
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 10:22:21 PM
Nice to be home from work.....looooonnnng day.
How long was it?
How Long is a chinamen.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:23:11 PM
Correction, BCP is on backorder at $210 a box.
BCP?
/// I like the $156 price.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:24:31 PM
Nice to be home from work.....looooonnnng day.
How long was it?
How Long is a chinamen.
whoo flung dung
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 15, 2014, 10:28:12 PM
are we still without a CI free ship code?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 10:28:39 PM
Correction, BCP is on backorder at $210 a box.
BCP?
/// I like the $156 price.

Indeed.  And might as well get 2 boxes at that price for the free shipping, too.  Gotta save that $7.99.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 10:34:43 PM
Correction, BCP is on backorder at $210 a box.
BCP?
/// I like the $156 price.

Indeed.  And might as well get 2 boxes at that price for the free shipping, too.  Gotta save that $7.99.
$156 for a box of 50 right?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 15, 2014, 10:40:35 PM
Nice to be home from work.....looooonnnng day.
How long was it?
How Long is a chinamen.
One Hung Lo's cousin.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 10:45:17 PM
Correction, BCP is on backorder at $210 a box.
BCP?
/// I like the $156 price.

Indeed.  And might as well get 2 boxes at that price for the free shipping, too.  Gotta save that $7.99.
$156 for a box of 50 right?

Yeah.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: DesertRat on June 15, 2014, 10:54:15 PM
Just a drive-by to wish everyone a Happy Fathers Day!
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 11:14:31 PM
Just a drive-by to wish everyone a Happy Fathers Day!
Illusione R RothchildesR Rothchildes
SHAPE: ROTHSCHILD
SIZE: 4 1/2 X 50
STRENGTH: FULL
CUSTOMER RATING:
5 star rating
READ REVIEWS
BOX OF 50
ONLY 13 ITEMS LEFT
VIP: $195.00
REGULAR:$195.00
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: razgueado on June 15, 2014, 11:16:10 PM
Smoked Tattoos last night with a friend.  We agreed they tasted good.  Maybe not up to the top of PJ's line, but a cigar I'd smoke.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 11:19:12 PM
Smoked Tattoos last night with a friend.  We agreed they tasted good.  Maybe not up to the top of PJ's line, but a cigar I'd smoke.
you did smoke.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 11:19:59 PM
Just a drive-by to wish everyone a Happy Fathers Day!
Illusione R RothchildesR Rothchildes
SHAPE: ROTHSCHILD
SIZE: 4 1/2 X 50
STRENGTH: FULL
CUSTOMER RATING:
5 star rating
READ REVIEWS
BOX OF 50
ONLY 13 ITEMS LEFT
VIP: $195.00
REGULAR:$195.00
thanx ken.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: razgueado on June 15, 2014, 11:21:24 PM
Smoked Tattoos last night with a friend.  We agreed they tasted good.  Maybe not up to the top of PJ's line, but a cigar I'd smoke.
you did smoke.
Smartass.  A cigar I'd smoke on semi-regular basis.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: glassken on June 15, 2014, 11:21:59 PM
Just a drive-by to wish everyone a Happy Fathers Day!
Illusione R RothchildesR Rothchildes
SHAPE: ROTHSCHILD
SIZE: 4 1/2 X 50
STRENGTH: FULL
CUSTOMER RATING:
5 star rating
READ REVIEWS
BOX OF 50
ONLY 13 ITEMS LEFT
VIP: $195.00
REGULAR:$195.00
thanx ken.
No discount on these.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 11:25:23 PM
Smoked Tattoos last night with a friend.  We agreed they tasted good.  Maybe not up to the top of PJ's line, but a cigar I'd smoke.
you did smoke.
Smartass.  A cigar I'd smoke on semi-regular basis.
we are all about specifics here, and busting balls.
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 15, 2014, 11:26:43 PM
Ken I'll send you a PM tomorrow.....have you had the La Antiqueded by My Father?
Title: Re: 6/15/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 15, 2014, 11:36:18 PM
Just a drive-by to wish everyone a Happy Fathers Day!
Illusione R RothchildesR Rothchildes
SHAPE: ROTHSCHILD
SIZE: 4 1/2 X 50
STRENGTH: FULL
CUSTOMER RATING:
5 star rating
READ REVIEWS
BOX OF 50
ONLY 13 ITEMS LEFT
VIP: $195.00
REGULAR:$195.00
thanx ken.
No discount on these.

Indeed, but at least they're not over MSRP and actually in stock.