CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 03, 2018, 12:01:05 AM

Title: 7/3/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on July 03, 2018, 12:01:05 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 05:42:14 AM
Good morning, boys and girls. Time to earn a living again.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 05:44:11 AM
Good morning, boys and girls. Time to earn a living again.
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 05:49:40 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 06:09:22 AM
Good morning, boys and girls. Time to earn a living again.
Or thieve a living, depending on how bad you are at your job.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on July 03, 2018, 06:10:57 AM
Morning OpthoDave and FloDave.  Glad to hear your peeper is on the mind. Just a drive by for me, heading to Brenham for the day.  So a nice Tuesday GFY's to all.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 06:18:39 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 06:19:36 AM
Morning Mark and Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:25:51 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Copycat.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:26:37 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Just make sure you have nursing care lined up for after.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:29:24 AM
Morning OnTheMendDave, OnTheRoadBean, HersheyHighwayTony, TerroristBaitDave and DoctorLoverDean.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 06:31:51 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Just make sure you have nursing care lined up for after.
That's one thing he's always assured of.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:31:53 AM
Today is Tuesday, July 3, the 184th day of 2018. There are 181 days left in the year.
Today’s Highlight in History:
On July 3, 1863, the three-day Civil War Battle of Gettysburg in Pennsylvania ended in a major victory for the North as Confederate troops failed to breach Union positions during an assault known as Pickett’s Charge.
On this date:
In 1775, Gen. George Washington took command of the Continental Army at Cambridge, Massachusetts.
In 1890, Idaho became the 43rd state of the Union.

In 1913, during a 50th anniversary reunion at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, Civil War veterans re-enacted Pickett’s Charge, which ended with embraces and handshakes between the former enemies.
In 1938, President Franklin D. Roosevelt marked the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg by dedicating the Eternal Light Peace Memorial.
In 1944, during World War II, Soviet forces recaptured Minsk from the Germans.
In 1950, the first carrier strikes of the Korean War took place as the USS Valley Forge and the HMS Triumph sent fighter planes against North Korean targets.
In 1962, French President Charles de Gaulle signed an agreement recognizing Algeria as an independent state after 132 years of French rule.
In 1971, singer Jim Morrison of The Doors died in Paris at age 27.
In 1976, Israel launched its daring mission to rescue 106 passengers and Air France crew members being held at Entebbe (en-TEH’-bee) Airport in Uganda (yoo-GAHN’-dah) by pro-Palestinian hijackers; the commandos succeeded in rescuing all but four of the hostages.
In 1987, British millionaire Richard Branson and Per Lindstrand became the first hot-air balloon travelers to cross the Atlantic, parachuting into the sea as their craft went down off the Scottish coast.
In 1988, the USS Vincennes shot down an Iran Air jetliner over the Persian Gulf, killing all 290 people aboard.
In 1992, the first U.S. Air Force C-130 transport planes from Operation Provide Promise arrived in the besieged Bosnian capital of Sarajevo.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:32:30 AM
Ten years ago: The Pentagon announced it had extended the tour of 2,200 Marines in Afghanistan, after insisting for months the unit would come home on time. Venus and Serena Williams won in straight sets to set up their third all-sister Wimbledon final and seventh Grand Slam championship matchup. Larry Harmon, who turned Bozo the Clown into a show business staple, died in Los Angeles at age 83.

Five years ago: Egypt’s first democratically elected president, Mohammed Morsi, was overthrown by the military after just one year by the same kind of Arab Spring uprising that had brought the Islamist leader to power.

One year ago: A federal appeals court ruled that Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt overstepped his authority in trying to delay implementation of an Obama administration rule requiring oil and gas companies to monitor and reduce methane leaks. The three-judge panel from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ordered the EPA to move forward with the new requirement aimed at reducing planet-warming emissions from oil and gas operations.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:32:57 AM
Today’s Birthdays: Playwright Tom Stoppard is 81. Writer-producer Jay Tarses is 79. Actor Michael Cole (TV: “The Mod Squad”) is 78. Attorney Gloria Allred is 77. Folk singer Judith Durham (The Seekers) is 75. Actor Kurtwood Smith is 75. Country singer Johnny Lee is 72. Humorist Dave Barry is 71. Actress Betty Buckley is 71. Rock singer-musician Paul Barrere (bah-RAYR’) (Little Feat) is 70. Actress Jan Smithers is 69. Actor Bruce Altman is 63. Talk show host Montel Williams is 62. Country singer Aaron Tippin is 60. Rock musician Vince Clarke (Erasure) is 58. Actor Tom Cruise is 56. Actor Thomas Gibson is 56. Actress Hunter Tylo is 56. Actress Connie Nielsen is 54. Actress Yeardley Smith is 54. TV chef Sandra Lee is 52. Singer Ishmael Butler is 49. Rock musician Kevin Hearn (Barenaked Ladies) is 49. Actress-singer Shawnee Smith is 49. Actress-singer Audra McDonald is 48. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is 47. Actor Patrick Wilson is 45. Country singer Trent Tomlinson is 43. Actress Andrea Barber is 42. Singer Shane Lynch (Boyzone) is 42. Actor Ian Anthony Dale is 40. Actress Elizabeth Hendrickson is 39. Rhythm-and-blues singer Tonia Tash (Divine) is 39. Country singer-songwriter Sarah Buxton is 38. Actress Olivia Munn is 38. Actress Shoshannah Stern is 38. Rock singer-songwriter Elle King is 29. Actor Grant Rosenmeyer is 27. Actress Kelsey Batelaan is 23.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:33:33 AM
Thought for Today: “The trouble with life isn’t that there is no answer, it’s that there are so many answers.” – Ruth Benedict, American anthropologist (1887-1948).
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:37:27 AM
Looks like CI is already sold out of their DOD, CI knockoff's....coffee toro.  Must be popular stuff...
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:39:07 AM
And the sis has two MOW offerings, 15/$49.99 and crap Gurkha's 20/$44.99.  Guess they don't want sales to interfere with the upcoming holiday.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 06:39:50 AM
Natural enough for you today SiliconeDave?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 06:47:45 AM
Natural enough for you today SiliconeDave?
Hey, you're the one with the less discerning eye, not me. ;)
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 06:48:11 AM
Looks like CI is already sold out of their DOD, CI knockoff's....coffee toro.  Must be popular stuff...
They probably got 3 orders which was 2 more than they expected.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 06:50:45 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.
Glad to hear it. Good morning, SCTex.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 06:51:28 AM
Morning OpthoDave and FloDave.  Glad to hear your peeper is on the mind. Just a drive by for me, heading to Brenham for the day.  So a nice Tuesday GFY's to all.
Hi and bye, Mark.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 06:52:18 AM
Morning Mark and Dave and Tony.
Good morning, CopycatDean.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 06:53:28 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Copycat.
Dang it, c'mon! I'm not gonna post again until I reach the end.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 07:04:25 AM
Reached the end. Nothing more to say.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 07:04:57 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Copycat.
Dang it, c'mon! I'm not gonna post again until I reach the end.
The end of WHAT?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 07:06:09 AM
So how was the chocolate sauna Tony?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 07:06:35 AM
...Except maybe that my Namakubis arrived and I'm planning to smoke one off the truck. Opened the box this morning and they smelled wonderful.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 07:07:31 AM
Commies give you off tomorrow Tony?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 07:08:17 AM
...Except maybe that my Namakubis arrived and I'm planning to smoke one off the truck. Opened the box this morning and they smelled wonderful.
Got mine as well.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 07:09:55 AM
So how was the chocolate sauna Tony?
Let's just say I would have lost 20lbs if I hadn't been eating so much shit. That said, I didn't have one piece of chocolate the 3 days I was there. In fact, none of us did. For that kind of money, there should have been "free" samples everywhere.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 07:11:52 AM
Commies give you off tomorrow Tony?
Yes, I'm off tomorrow. But I have a big meeting today so I'm gonna be sweating through my tie. Otherwise i would have taken today off too.

Edit: Or at least taken off my jacket. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 07:18:44 AM
So how was the chocolate sauna Tony?
Let's just say I would have lost 20lbs if I hadn't been eating so much shit. That said, I didn't have one piece of chocolate the 3 days I was there. In fact, none of us did. For that kind of money, there should have been "free" samples everywhere.
You would think.....

With as close as I am, I've never been.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 07:25:20 AM
So how was the chocolate sauna Tony?
Let's just say I would have lost 20lbs if I hadn't been eating so much shit. That said, I didn't have one piece of chocolate the 3 days I was there. In fact, none of us did. For that kind of money, there should have been "free" samples everywhere.
You would think.....

With as close as I am, I've never been.
This was my first time. My wife had been when she was a little girl.

It's a nice park. Relatively less expensive than most. Lots of trees for shade and quite a few rollercoasters, if you're into that.

Their waterpark is pretty cool too.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 07:53:21 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 07:57:19 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
Speak for yourself.....Oh......
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 08:02:32 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
That means you're in the right office.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 08:15:39 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
That means you're in the right office.
What?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 08:25:06 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Copycat.
I had the cataract surgery years ago,  you get to walk around like a pirate for a couple of days..
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 08:34:40 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
That means you're in the right office.
What?
Wrong office.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on July 03, 2018, 08:48:31 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
That means you're in the right office.
What?
Correction,  Old, Blind, Deaf people in here.  good morning all!
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on July 03, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
...Except maybe that my Namakubis arrived and I'm planning to smoke one off the truck. Opened the box this morning and they smelled wonderful.
Got mine as well.
Same here.  lunchtime smoke for sure!
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 08:55:59 AM
Had my first cataract surgery yesterday, going to Dr for 24 hour checkup this morning.  Really a smooth process with little pain or discomfort other than sticking an IV needle in my hand, but the happy juice they administered through the IV quickly made me forget that pain.  Actual procedure took about 10 minutes.

Eye is a little swollen this morning and feels like it needs flushing out but that is about it.

Morning Dave. I am off to see the eye doctor to see about having my cataracts removed.
Copycat.
I had the cataract surgery years ago,  you get to walk around like a pirate for a couple of days..
Good morning, Flip and Sam.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 08:57:30 AM
...Except maybe that my Namakubis arrived and I'm planning to smoke one off the truck. Opened the box this morning and they smelled wonderful.
Got mine as well.
Same here.  lunchtime smoke for sure!
That's not a bad idea. Seems too short for an after work smoke. Although it is hot as balls out there so short smoke might be in order. Let's see what the day brings.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on July 03, 2018, 09:08:54 AM
...Except maybe that my Namakubis arrived and I'm planning to smoke one off the truck. Opened the box this morning and they smelled wonderful.
Got mine as well.
Same here.  lunchtime smoke for sure!
That's not a bad idea. Seems too short for an after work smoke. Although it is hot as balls out there so short smoke might be in order. Let's see what the day brings.
I agree, definitely too small for a ride home smoke, but looks like what the Dr ordered for lunchtime though.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 09:20:24 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
That means you're in the right office.
What?
Wrong office.
He meant orifice.... :o
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 09:21:56 AM
...Except maybe that my Namakubis arrived and I'm planning to smoke one off the truck. Opened the box this morning and they smelled wonderful.
Got mine as well.
Same here.  lunchtime smoke for sure!
That's not a bad idea. Seems too short for an after work smoke. Although it is hot as balls out there so short smoke might be in order. Let's see what the day brings.
Pretty sure you're safe not worrying about what the day brings and just going with hot as balls.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 09:33:51 AM
Great move at CI.  Removed the "sold out" generic coffee cigar and replaced it with Devils Weed.... ???   ::)
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 09:36:57 AM
Great move at CI.  Removed the "sold out" generic coffee cigar and replaced it with Devils Weed.... ???   ::)
Isn't it an insult to their clients to make that a DOD?  I can see if they have a hidden offering of generic shit cigars, but to feature prominently?  What's next, Avacado Limited and  Dark Shark?  Even Gurkha's are insulted.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 09:38:26 AM
Long 5er list at the page.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 09:48:30 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
No chit, that’s how you know you are in the right place.

Just got back from my 24 hour checkup, all is doing fine but can’t lift anything over 5 pounds for 14 days.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 09:51:22 AM
Great move at CI.  Removed the "sold out" generic coffee cigar and replaced it with Devils Weed.... ???   ::)
Isn't it an insult to their clients to make that a DOD?  I can see if they have a hidden offering of generic shit cigars, but to feature prominently?  What's next, Avacado Limited and  Dark Shark?  Even Gurkha's are insulted.
They're gonna hold the Avacados until a little closer to next March.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 10:09:46 AM
Great move at CI.  Removed the "sold out" generic coffee cigar and replaced it with Devils Weed.... ???   ::)
Isn't it an insult to their clients to make that a DOD?  I can see if they have a hidden offering of generic shit cigars, but to feature prominently?  What's next, Avacado Limited and  Dark Shark?  Even Gurkha's are insulted.
all the normal folks, may have taken today off at CI, so you got the accountants making decisions,
"Hey, we need a new deal of the day, what do we have ton's of boxes of, that ain't moving, Devils's Weed, sure
put that up!".
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 03, 2018, 10:20:00 AM
Taking a half day today since we're doing stuff with my sister and her family in town for the week, so it's early hazzuh time. Back at it on Friday.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 10:36:58 AM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 10:39:29 AM
a lot of OLD blind people in here!
No chit, that’s how you know you are in the right place.

Just got back from my 24 hour checkup, all is doing fine but can’t lift anything over 5 pounds for 14 days.
I get to 'see' how you make out as I get ready for mine.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 10:51:56 AM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
That explains a lot...
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on July 03, 2018, 10:59:29 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 10:59:36 AM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
That explains a lot...
what?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 11:01:28 AM
avi change.
LTG said something about breasts yesterday.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 11:05:28 AM
DPG JJ robusto and coffee while sauce simmers for our pot luck meeting tonight. using large shells for the pasta.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 11:14:21 AM
July 4 Specials from SBC:

July 4th Specials!

We have four different specials running from now until midnight on July 4th!

 CODE: 4TH = 17.76% plus 5% reward points off no minimum

 CODE: RED = 22% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Year Of The Rooster on purchases $250+

 CODE: WHITE = 20% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Aniversario No. 2 on purchases $125+

 CODE: BLUE = 24% off plus plus 5% reward points and one Zino Platinum Z-Crown Stout on purchases $500+ (20 available)
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 11:16:01 AM
avi change.
LTG said something about breasts yesterday.
Indeed he did.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 11:16:16 AM
Morning Raz.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 11:22:44 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning RazMan.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 11:26:23 AM
July 4 Specials from SBC:

July 4th Specials!

We have four different specials running from now until midnight on July 4th!

 CODE: 4TH = 17.76% plus 5% reward points off no minimum

 CODE: RED = 22% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Year Of The Rooster on purchases $250+

 CODE: WHITE = 20% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Aniversario No. 2 on purchases $125+

 CODE: BLUE = 24% off plus plus 5% reward points and one Zino Platinum Z-Crown Stout on purchases $500+ (20 available)

the Zino Platinum Z-Crowns is what Ron White smokes on stage with his scotch.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on July 03, 2018, 11:29:49 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning RazMan.
Howdy, Deano.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on July 03, 2018, 11:30:32 AM
Morning Raz.
Morning, TD.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 12:07:55 PM
Lawdee have mercy on my heart!

Pulled pork, fried fatback, fried chicken, butter beans, rice & gravy, green beans and cornbread  followed up with peach cobbler and cream for lunch
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 12:25:36 PM
Glad I wore the jacket and tie on this sweltering day... Client wound up changing the meeting to a teleconference.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 12:32:16 PM
time for a nap.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 12:53:06 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
Well the womenfolk, have figured that out in Florida,
they have your poster up saying he will date 7's and sometimes go
to bed with a six....
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 12:55:33 PM
Glad I wore the jacket and tie on this sweltering day... Client wound up changing the meeting to a teleconference.
so pants were optional?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 12:56:14 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
Well the womenfolk, have figured that out in Florida,
they have your poster up saying he will date 7's and sometimes go
to bed with a six....
oh, I've found that the number system matters little to me.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 12:58:09 PM
Heading out for lunch soon, won't be near as tasty as what SCR just wrote about,
we don't want the defrib working overtime...
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 01:29:28 PM
Offerings from Cigar Federation:

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

I gotta tell ya, July 4th around here is like a second Christmas. It's a really big deal to us here at CigFed Store!

We love our heritage! We love our freedoms! We love America!!

To celebrate America's Independence in 1776 we are doing a 17% OFF Sale from now through July 4th!

Use coupon code AMERICA at checkout and you'll get 17% OFF your entire order--no matter how big or how small!

Ends July 4th at 11:59pm...so it's time to Get Yours NOW!

P.S. Below are some STAFF PICK'S of our favorite and recommended cigars!

⬇️SAM'S PICK! DUNBARTON TOBACCO & TRUST UMBAGOG ⬇️

**AVAILABLE IN 5 PACKS & 10 CT. BUNDLES!**

Our good friend Steve Saka hooked us up with some more Umbagog!

Umbagog is friggin' awesome and all the FedHeads love 'em! (And--in all honesty--we smoke 'em too!👍🏻)

Umbagog by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust is the first budget minded release from the company. The prices on these cigars are insanely affordable!

In fact, I don't think you can find a cigar of this caliber for this price!

The Umbagog uses the Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers which were deemed as not being visually appealing enough for the Mi Querida line. We can't tell a difference. All we know is that it's an amazing cigar for an amazing price!

Oh...and FYI...you're not gonna find a better price on these anywhere!

Get it NOW!

⬇️⬇️ MONICA'S PICK: WHIPPED CREAM! ⬇️⬇️

 Whipped Cream is RIDICULOUSLY tasty!

It will probably induce you to mutter a little profanity to yourself because of how amazing the flavors are when you first light it up. (You know what I'm talking about. We've all done it.)

Whipped Cream is a medium strength, smooth little number wrapped in a specially fermented Connecticut wrapper. And it's beautiful. It comes from one of the finest growers of Connecticut tobacco in the industry.

Flavors are (you guessed it!) VERY creamy, buttery, and sweet. Milk chocolate, cashew, and toffee all make appearance along the way. The candy like flavors are balanced perfectly with hints of cedar wood.

NOTE: Don't dismiss this cigar because it's a Connecticut. Hey...Connecticut is the new Corojo!

It's lip-smacking delicious!

Get Yours NOW!
 ⬇️⬇️ TORI'S PICK: BOILERMAKER! ⬇️⬇️

BOILERMAKER is an unbelievable smoke!

Hey, we ain't just pushing the envelope for every new FDB release...We're tying it up, throwing it in our trunk, driving it to a cliff and shoving that damn envelope off!

In other words...this one's only for the big boys!

BOILERMAKER is full-bodied, medium strength and loaded with hella old tobacco! This stuff is over 7-years-old. All of it! Every leaf.

Call us "old school" but we love our extra-vintage tobacco!

BOILERMAKER is a bold 6x56 Super Toro wrapped in an oily Habano leaf. Just look at that picture and tip your hat in respect.

Flavors are outrageous! BOILERMAKER opens with waves of cream, coffee, caramel, and licorice. Also, hot cocoa, leather, clove, nutmeg, and cedar wood. The construction and burn are complete perfection.

If BOILERMAKER doesn't make some Top 10 cigar lists for 2018...then we all know that the system is rigged!

So complex. So delicious. Get Yours NOW!

Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 01:30:54 PM
July 4 Specials from SBC:

July 4th Specials!

We have four different specials running from now until midnight on July 4th!

 CODE: 4TH = 17.76% plus 5% reward points off no minimum

 CODE: RED = 22% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Year Of The Rooster on purchases $250+

 CODE: WHITE = 20% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Aniversario No. 2 on purchases $125+

 CODE: BLUE = 24% off plus plus 5% reward points and one Zino Platinum Z-Crown Stout on purchases $500+ (20 available)

the Zino Platinum Z-Crowns is what Ron White smokes on stage with his scotch.
Don't know that I could keep up with his scotch intake, and definitely couldn't afford those Z-Crowns.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 01:31:31 PM
Lawdee have mercy on my heart!

Pulled pork, fried fatback, fried chicken, butter beans, rice & gravy, green beans and cornbread  followed up with peach cobbler and cream for lunch
So you'll be napping all afternoon?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 01:33:33 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
Well the womenfolk, have figured that out in Florida,
they have your poster up saying he will date 7's and sometimes go
to bed with a six....
Think you might be a little generous with your ratings there Mr. Flip.
More like he wouldn't kick a three or four out of his hot tub if she happened to be there.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 03, 2018, 01:34:11 PM
OK, all caught up here and I think I've done enough.  Think I'll call it a day.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on July 03, 2018, 01:49:28 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
Well the womenfolk, have figured that out in Florida,
they have your poster up saying he will date 7's and sometimes go
to bed with a six....
Think you might be a little generous with your ratings there Mr. Flip.
More like he wouldn't kick a three or four out of his hot tub if she happened to be there.
More likely, it's the amount of time between hot tub sessions...longer the time, lower the number... ::)
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on July 03, 2018, 01:49:59 PM
OK, all caught up here and I think I've done enough.  Think I'll call it a day.
Sounds like a plan.  just got an e-mail from the boss turning us loose, sooooo...
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 01:56:52 PM
Glad I wore the jacket and tie on this sweltering day... Client wound up changing the meeting to a teleconference.
so pants were optional?
ALWAYS!  Eff 'em, if they can't take a joke.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on July 03, 2018, 01:59:03 PM
BTW,  thank you to the enabler that turned me onbto the rm101's.  damn thing was pretty good right off the truck!
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 02:01:02 PM
OK, all caught up here and I think I've done enough.  Think I'll call it a day.
Sounds like a plan.  just got an e-mail from the boss turning us loose, sooooo...
Dang, how 'bout me?

Don't want to leave yet anyway since it started raining here.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 02:22:56 PM
BTW,  thank you to the enabler that turned me onbto the rm101's.  damn thing was pretty good right off the truck!
Looking forward to it. May even smoke it under my umbrella.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on July 03, 2018, 02:33:28 PM
And I'm back at the orifice.  Time to pick out a smoke for the man cave.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 02:49:21 PM
And I'm back at the orifice.  Time to pick out a smoke for the man cave.
Get yourself some e-coli ice cream in Brenham?
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 02:53:42 PM
Happens a few times every year here, woman tried to fly from the balcony of one of the high rise hotels on the beach this morning.  Splattered in the parking lot and per the local news “Police Are Investigaing To Determine The Cause Of Death”
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 03:17:52 PM
Cain F Lancero cut and ready.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 03:19:42 PM
July 4 Specials from SBC:

July 4th Specials!

We have four different specials running from now until midnight on July 4th!

 CODE: 4TH = 17.76% plus 5% reward points off no minimum

 CODE: RED = 22% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Year Of The Rooster on purchases $250+

 CODE: WHITE = 20% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Aniversario No. 2 on purchases $125+

 CODE: BLUE = 24% off plus plus 5% reward points and one Zino Platinum Z-Crown Stout on purchases $500+ (20 available)

the Zino Platinum Z-Crowns is what Ron White smokes on stage with his scotch.
Don't know that I could keep up with his scotch intake, and definitely couldn't afford those Z-Crowns.

I concur.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 03:20:55 PM
OK, all caught up here and I think I've done enough.  Think I'll call it a day.
later Dave. have a safe and happy 4th.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 03:21:51 PM
OK, all caught up here and I think I've done enough.  Think I'll call it a day.
Sounds like a plan.  just got an e-mail from the boss turning us loose, sooooo...
you also have a safe and happy 4th Sam.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 03:23:49 PM
Happens a few times every year here, woman tried to fly from the balcony of one of the high rise hotels on the beach this morning.  Splattered in the parking lot and per the local news “Police Are Investigaing To Determine The Cause Of Death”
fall. end of investigation.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 03:27:08 PM
Happens a few times every year here, woman tried to fly from the balcony of one of the high rise hotels on the beach this morning.  Splattered in the parking lot and per the local news “Police Are Investigaing To Determine The Cause Of Death”
Ouch.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 03:31:10 PM
Happens a few times every year here, woman tried to fly from the balcony of one of the high rise hotels on the beach this morning.  Splattered in the parking lot and per the local news “Police Are Investigaing To Determine The Cause Of Death”
fall. end of investigation.
I think the cause of death would be:  Asphalt
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on July 03, 2018, 03:36:13 PM
And I'm back at the orifice.  Time to pick out a smoke for the man cave.
Get yourself some e-coli ice cream in Brenham?
Ha, no ice cream this trip.  Besides, it was listeria, which somehow seems better as it isn't pooh based.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 03:38:09 PM
And I'm back at the orifice.  Time to pick out a smoke for the man cave.
Get yourself some e-coli ice cream in Brenham?
Ha, no ice cream this trip.  Besides, it was listeria, or salmonella, which somehow seems better as it isn't pooh based.
Forgot which one it was but I believe it was one of those two.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on July 03, 2018, 03:39:36 PM
Cain F Lancero cut and ready.
Little Devil and coffee in the work man cave.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 03:46:01 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
And you get a free pair of old fart sunglasses too!

Those are a badge of honor to us seasoned citizens.

My second eye is July 16.

Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 03:48:02 PM
time to get ready for the pot luck. see yall tomorrow.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
time to get ready for the pot luck. see yall tomorrow.
Later Dean
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on July 03, 2018, 03:49:41 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
And you get a free pair of old fart sunglasses too!

Those are a badge of honor to us seasoned citizens.

My second eye is July 16.
My surgeries are only a week apart because of the State Convention August 15-19.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 03:55:11 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
And you get a free pair of old fart sunglasses too!

Those are a badge of honor to us seasoned citizens.

My second eye is July 16.
My surgeries are only a week apart because of the State Convention August 15-19.
Wow, that is close.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on July 03, 2018, 03:59:19 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
And you get a free pair of old fart sunglasses too!

Those are a badge of honor to us seasoned citizens.

My second eye is July 16.
But I'm sure they look great on you.  ::)
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 04:00:34 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
Well the womenfolk, have figured that out in Florida,
they have your poster up saying he will date 7's and sometimes go
to bed with a six....
Think you might be a little generous with your ratings there Mr. Flip.
More like he wouldn't kick a three or four out of his hot tub if she happened to be there.
location, location, location.  He already set the bar, at who he wouldn't do.
Neighbor lady's really overweight daughter, with or without bathing suit.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 04:02:55 PM
Happens a few times every year here, woman tried to fly from the balcony of one of the high rise hotels on the beach this morning.  Splattered in the parking lot and per the local news “Police Are Investigaing To Determine The Cause Of Death”
I am not worried about falling, it's that sudden stop at the
end, that I am not too crazy about.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 04:05:35 PM
hey, guess who's almost blind?
surgeried July 31 and August 9.
And you get a free pair of old fart sunglasses too!

Those are a badge of honor to us seasoned citizens.

My second eye is July 16.
But I'm sure they look great on you.  ::)
Well they do cover up more ugly than regular 🕶
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on July 03, 2018, 04:14:41 PM
Went with a cerviche mixto lunch at El Norte, here in Garfield, on Route 46.
that with some chips & salsa, dos Dos Equis, rounded out by some fried vanilla ice cream
and an espresso.  Ran into an old smoking buddy in the restaurant, who will buy at least a humidor
full of cigars, when I asked him if he wanted any.  Told him, he could cherry pick, but he likes the
Gurkhas just fine...  Added bonus, no shipping.  I'll give a bunch away at the annual Karaoke BBQ, between
Shadow, Lenny and Carmen.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 04:20:40 PM
Went with a cerviche mixto lunch at El Norte, here in Garfield, on Route 46.
that with some chips & salsa, dos Dos Equis, rounded out by some fried vanilla ice cream
and an espresso.  Ran into an old smoking buddy in the restaurant, who will buy at least a humidor
full of cigars, when I asked him if he wanted any.  Told him, he could cherry pick, but he likes the
Gurkhas just fine...  Added bonus, no shipping.  I'll give a bunch away at the annual Karaoke BBQ, between
Shadow, Lenny and Carmen.
Man, getting rid of all your cigars has to be painful.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 05:00:57 PM
Went with a cerviche mixto lunch at El Norte, here in Garfield, on Route 46.
that with some chips & salsa, dos Dos Equis, rounded out by some fried vanilla ice cream
and an espresso.  Ran into an old smoking buddy in the restaurant, who will buy at least a humidor
full of cigars, when I asked him if he wanted any.  Told him, he could cherry pick, but he likes the
Gurkhas just fine...  Added bonus, no shipping.  I'll give a bunch away at the annual Karaoke BBQ, between
Shadow, Lenny and Carmen.
Man, getting rid of all your cigars has to be painful.
I personally would have given up the fried ice cream first.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 03, 2018, 05:16:20 PM
Went with a cerviche mixto lunch at El Norte, here in Garfield, on Route 46.
that with some chips & salsa, dos Dos Equis, rounded out by some fried vanilla ice cream
and an espresso.  Ran into an old smoking buddy in the restaurant, who will buy at least a humidor
full of cigars, when I asked him if he wanted any.  Told him, he could cherry pick, but he likes the
Gurkhas just fine...  Added bonus, no shipping.  I'll give a bunch away at the annual Karaoke BBQ, between
Shadow, Lenny and Carmen.
Man, getting rid of all your cigars has to be painful.
I personally would have given up the fried ice cream first.
Hell, I would give away the warden first.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 07:43:48 PM
Went with a cerviche mixto lunch at El Norte, here in Garfield, on Route 46.
that with some chips & salsa, dos Dos Equis, rounded out by some fried vanilla ice cream
and an espresso.  Ran into an old smoking buddy in the restaurant, who will buy at least a humidor
full of cigars, when I asked him if he wanted any.  Told him, he could cherry pick, but he likes the
Gurkhas just fine...  Added bonus, no shipping.  I'll give a bunch away at the annual Karaoke BBQ, between
Shadow, Lenny and Carmen.
Man, getting rid of all your cigars has to be painful.
I personally would have given up the fried ice cream first.
Hell, I would give away the warden first.
No doubt.
Title: Re: 7/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 03, 2018, 07:45:53 PM
Speaking of not smoking... It began thundering and lightning when I was on my way home so I put my cut cigar back in the portable humidor.

Boooooooooooo!