CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: 3/31/2016  (Read 17273 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 3/31/2016
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 06:20:05 AM »

Bean's Friends seem a bit extreme!

South Bend, Ind. Bans Smoking In Cigar Shops, Bars & Restaurants

Last night, the South Bend Common Council voted 6-3 in favor of a smoking ban that includes all businesses and public places, including bars, restaurants and even tobacconists. A last minute change was filed this morning pushing the date the ban will go into effect from Aug. 1, 2016 to Jan. 2, 2017. That being said, it seems likely business owners will take the fight to the courts. For businesses, the only place in which smoking will be allowed will be in outdoor areas of bars and restaurants that are restricted to those 18 and older. The ban include tobacconists, cigar bars and even private clubs. Violations will start with a warning followed by a $200 fine, then $400, $800 and finally a $1,500 fine for subsequent violations within a year. South Bend has a population of around 100,000. It is best known for being the home to the University of Notre Dame.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 06:23:29 AM »

Dean must have rolled her over to play the front 9 again since he had more success there.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 06:34:33 AM »

Last night, the South Bend Common Council voted 6-3 in favor of a smoking ban that includes all businesses and public places, including bars, restaurants and even tobacconists. A last minute change was filed this morning pushing the date the ban will go into effect from Aug. 1, 2016 to Jan. 2, 2017. That being said, it seems likely business owners will take the fight to the courts. For businesses, the only place in which smoking will be allowed will be in outdoor areas of bars and restaurants that are restricted to those 18 and older. The ban include tobacconists, cigar bars and even private clubs. Violations will start with a warning followed by a $200 fine, then $400, $800 and finally a $1,500 fine for subsequent violations within a year. South Bend has a population of around 100,000. It is best known for being the home to the University of Notre Dame.
Banning smoking in a cigar shop. Fuckin' sheesh!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 06:35:04 AM »

Dean must have rolled her over to play the front 9 again since he had more success there.
Hope he grabbed the right wood to tee off with.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:23 AM »

Hope he grabbed the right wood to tee off with.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »

Yeah, the other stuff is mostly routine America these days but that one was a new extreme.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 06:39:25 AM »

68 and cloudy now but clearing later and 84 degrees today.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 06:46:21 AM »

no, she's home. been making my clam sauce for dinner tonight.

btw - I was referring to my golf outing yesterday, although I's love to play a round with the lady sometime today.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 06:50:50 AM »

btw - I was referring to my golf outing yesterday, although I's love to play a round with the lady sometime today.
Are you not playing with her now? Did I misunderstand the clam sauce comment? ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 06:56:13 AM »

Yeah, the other stuff is mostly routine America these days but that one was a new extreme.
Just thought about it but they did this same thing in Galveston, TX about 4 or 5 years ago and there was only one cigar shop there.

Threebean

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 07:02:47 AM »

What a bunch of crap. Thanks, Pope Francis!

Threebean

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 07:03:38 AM »

good morning Dave and Rick. just finished paying bills. EPC 2nd and coffee going here. had a nice front 9 yesterday and a so so back 9. weather was great, 82° with a light breeze.
I'm told I have a nice front 9, too.

Threebean

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 07:03:57 AM »

Morning men. A little early morning draggin' for ya.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 07:03:57 AM »

Are you not playing with her now? Did I misunderstand the clam sauce comment? ;)
tonights dinner, zitti, clam sauce, crusty Italian bread, strawberry shortcake for dessert with whipped cream in an aerosol can. 😘

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 07:05:17 AM »

good morning Dave and Rick. just finished paying bills. EPC 2nd and coffee going here. had a nice front 9 yesterday and a so so back 9. weather was great, 82° with a light breeze.
I'm told I have a nice front 9, too.
I'll take your word for it. morning Mark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16