Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:11 AM »

In 1984, singer Michael Jackson suffered serious burns to his scalp when pyrotechnics set his hair on fire during the filming of a Pepsi-Cola TV commercial at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:54 AM »

In 1998, first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, on NBC's "Today" show, charged the sexual misconduct allegations against her husband were the work of a "vast right-wing conspiracy."

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:23 AM »

In 2005, Condoleezza Rice, in her first day on the job as Secretary of State, reached out by phone to European allies and partners in the war on terrorism and echoed President George W. Bush's inaugural charge to promote liberty across the globe. Frail survivors and humbled world leaders remembered the victims of the Holocaust as they marked the 60th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi death camp Auschwitz.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:59 AM »

Ten years ago: Salzburg, Austria, held an exuberant 250th birthday party for its native son, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Western Union delivered its last telegram. The first inhalable version of insulin, Exubera, won federal approval.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 02:23:36 AM »

Five years ago: Tens of thousands of Yemenis demanded their president step down; taking inspiration from Tunisians' revolt, they vowed to continue until their U.S.-backed government fell. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced that color-coded terror alerts would be phased out by late April 2011.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:34 AM »

One year ago: An online message purportedly from the Islamic State group warned that a Japanese man and a Jordanian pilot being held by the group had less than 24 hours to live unless Jordan freed an Iraqi woman sentenced to death for involvement in a deadly 2005 terror attack. European leaders gathered in Poland to mark the 70th anniversary of the Soviet liberation the Auschwitz death camp. Amid tensions between Russia and the West over Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin stayed away, sending his chief of staff instead. A National Weather Service forecaster apologized for predicting that the area from New York to Philadelphia would see a foot or two of snow. Instead, the storm moved farther east and piled more than 2 feet of snow on parts of New England.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:31 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actor James Cromwell is 76. Actor John Witherspoon is 74. Rock musician Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) is 72. Rhythm-and-blues singer Nedra Talley (The Ronettes) is 70. Ballet star Mikhail Baryshnikov is 68. Political commentator Ed Schultz is 62. Chief U.S. Justice John Roberts is 61. Country singer Cheryl White is 61. Country singer-musician Richard Young (The Kentucky Headhunters) is 61. Actress Mimi Rogers is 60. Rock musician Janick Gers (Iron Maiden) is 59. Actress Susanna Thompson is 58. Political and sports commentator Keith Olbermann is 57. Rock singer Margo Timmins (Cowboy Junkies) is 55. Rock musician Gillian Gilbert is 55. Actress Tamlyn Tomita (TV's "Teen Wolf") is 53. Actress Bridget Fonda is 52. Actor Alan Cumming is 51. Country singer Tracy Lawrence is 48. Rock singer Mike Patton is 48. Rapper Tricky is 48. Rock musician Michael Kulas (James) is 47. Actor-comedian Patton Oswalt is 47. Actor Josh Randall is 44. Country singer Kevin Denney is 40. Tennis player Marat Safin is 36. Rock musician Matt Sanchez (American Authors) is 30. Actor Braeden
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 02:26:15 AM »

Thought for Today: "The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself." — Wallace Stevens, American poet and author (1879-1955).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 02:26:50 AM »

The Hotel Room
-------------------------

By the time a Marine pulled into a little town, every hotel room was
taken.

"You've got to have a room somewhere,"  he pleaded.  "Or just a bed, I
don't care where."

"Well, I do have a double room with one occupant - an Air Force guy,"
admitted the manager, "and he might be glad to split the cost.  But to
tell you the truth, he snores so loudly that people in adjoining rooms
have complained in the past.  I'm not sure it'd be worth it to you."

"No problem," the tired Marine assured him.  "I'll take it."

The next morning the Marine came down to breakfast bright-eyed and
bushy-tailed.  "How'd you sleep?" asked the manager.

"Never better."

The manager was impressed.  "No problem with the other guy snoring,
then?"

"Nope, I shut him up in no time" said the Marine.

"How'd you manage that?" asked the manager.

"He was already in bed, snoring away, when I came in the room," the
Marine" explained.

"I went over, gave him a kiss on the cheek, said, 'Goodnight,
beautiful,' and he sat up all night watching me."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 02:27:43 AM »

Business Trip
-------------------------

A man was traveling north to Dallas. He needed to use the bathroom and so at a rest stop he goes into a stall. He sits down and was surprised to hear someone in the next stall say, "So how ya doing?"

The man gulps and thinks about what he should say and then decides to answer. So he clears his throat and says, "uh....I'm fine."

Then the stranger in the next stall says, "So where are you headed?"

Again the man, a little nervous answers, "Uh...I'm headin north to Dallas."

Then the stranger asked, "So what have you been up to?"

Again the man answers, "Not much, I'm actually on a business trip."

The man sat there waiting for another question when finally he heard the stranger in the next stall impatiently say, "Look, I'm going to have to call you back, some idiot in the next stall thinks I'm talking to him."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 02:46:21 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 03:13:06 AM »

Have a good day Chip.

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 03:55:24 AM »

Morning Chip, Rick.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 04:39:54 AM »

Morning Chip, Rick.
Good morning Rick and Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/27/2016
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 05:32:52 AM »

To early for a morning lull!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15