CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: 1/13/2015  (Read 69665 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 1/13/2015
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »

If anyone has not given up on Fallen Angels they are on the Sister 10/$30.  With a few months in the humi I would actually call them a pretty decent $3 cigar.
Been giving those a hard look all morning. Pretty good cigar, IMFO.

dwgbryant

« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2015, 09:02:04 AM »

A man and a woman were waiting at the hospital donation center.

Man: "What are you doing here today?"

Woman: "Oh, I'm here to donate some blood. They're going to give me $5 for it."

Man: "Hmm, that's interesting. I'm here to donate sperm, myself. But they pay me $25."

The woman looked thoughtful for a moment and they chatted some more before going their separate ways.

Several months later, the same man and woman meet again in the donation center.

Man: "Oh, hi there! Here to donate blood again?"

Woman: [shaking her head with mouth closed] "Unh unh."

sfish

« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2015, 09:02:52 AM »

You guys see Tony riding to work this morning?

Since when does he have a toupe?
Since he's looking for an image change due to the "Great White Cruller" Incident of early December '14:

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2015, 09:03:20 AM »

If anyone has not given up on Fallen Angels they are on the Sister 10/$30.  With a few months in the humi I would actually call them a pretty decent $3 cigar.
And the Nicas for $4, buy 2 and use catsrule -  $3.32/ea  :D

dwgbryant

« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2015, 09:04:22 AM »

okay, gotta go to the store for Marilyn.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2015, 09:05:59 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Morning CG how's the weather treating you today?
Colder than hell...-13 on the drive in with a -30 wind chill. 
After seeing Oregon march down that first drive I really thought they were going to overwhelm Ohio St - man was I wrong.
+1 - man was I wrong too!  No bad luck, no significant bad calls just got the living duck poo kicked out of them.  AFter that first march they basically did nothing right.  And wow was their offensive line overwhelmed or what?????  But when you play up and down the west coast all year bad things tend to come in the "post season".
Yeah their O-line looked like JV compared to the D-Line of Ohio St...wow they played well.  I really wanted them to win their first national title, the monkey is just going to get heavier and heavier.
Going to be a serious step back without Mariota.  They will be top twenty, but definitely not top 5.
Agreed - I see them between 12-18 next year.
As every year I will not even think about them until maybe bowl season as in the world of big time football they really don't much matter as they show all year then fizzle when they have to come to the big leagues and play.  Just look at their record.
Didn't they win their previous 2 bowl games before the Nat'l Champ?  Overall I agree, but I am not an SEC worshiper - I think the Pac is legit and doesn't get enough respect.
Like the ACC, hard to get that respect with a performance like that.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »

okay, gotta go to the store for Marilyn.
What a guy!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2015, 09:10:10 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2015, 09:10:56 AM »

Mornin Gents!
After seeing Oregon march down that first drive I really thought they were going to overwhelm Ohio St - man was I wrong.
+1 - man was I wrong too!  No bad luck, no significant bad calls just got the living duck poo kicked out of them.  AFter that first march they basically did nothing right.  And wow was their offensive line overwhelmed or what?????  But when you play up and down the west coast all year bad things tend to come in the "post season".
Yeah their O-line looked like JV compared to the D-Line of Ohio St...wow they played well.  I really wanted them to win their first national title, the monkey is just going to get heavier and heavier.
Going to be a serious step back without Mariota.  They will be top twenty, but definitely not top 5.
As every year I will not even think about them until maybe bowl season as in the world of big time football they really don't much matter as they show all year then fizzle when they have to come to the big leagues and play.  Just look at their record.
Didn't they win their previous 2 bowl games before the Nat'l Champ?  Overall I agree, but I am not an SEC worshiper - I think the Pac is legit and doesn't get enough respect.
If anything, this just showed the parity in college football more than a single dominant conference that everyone heard about all year. 
Anyone else thinking they will go to an 8team playoff next year or the year after?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2015, 09:11:40 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Won the last 4 including this year but other than whatever you wish to call FL State this year no great competitors in the arena.  Never played but 1 SEC Team - Auburn for National Championshp and lost, last time they played Ohio State Lost.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2015, 09:11:50 AM »

A man and a woman were waiting at the hospital donation center.

Man: "What are you doing here today?"

Woman: "Oh, I'm here to donate some blood. They're going to give me $5 for it."

Man: "Hmm, that's interesting. I'm here to donate sperm, myself. But they pay me $25."

The woman looked thoughtful for a moment and they chatted some more before going their separate ways.

Several months later, the same man and woman meet again in the donation center.

Man: "Oh, hi there! Here to donate blood again?"

Woman: [shaking her head with mouth closed] "Unh unh."
Nice.  Morning, Dean.  I was wondering last night if anyone had seen you since the kayak trip.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »

Mornin Gents!
If anything, this just showed the parity in college football more than a single dominant conference that everyone heard about all year. 
Anyone else thinking they will go to an 8team playoff next year or the year after?
Record shows your parity statement is correct this year.   As to 8 Team Playoff - no way in hell is that going to happen anytime soon -  IMHO.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2015, 09:13:23 AM »

And the Nicas for $4, buy 2 and use catsrule -  $3.32/ea  :D
Oh, hell.  This is going to be one of those kinds of days?

Morning, muchachos.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Won the last 4 including this year but other than whatever you wish to call FL State this year no great competitors in the arena.  Never played but 1 SEC Team - Auburn for National Championshp and lost, last time they played Ohio State Lost.
Yeah they have shit the bed during their big games - maybe they can get one of Ohio St's 3 QBs to come play for them :)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2015, 09:17:07 AM »

I've had good luck on the devil getting them for closer to $2.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36