Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 07:11:38 AM »

Amazing 113 point game here between two TX 6A High School powerhouses! (Both Dallas area schools)

McKinney HS football player set new state rushing record

MCKINNEY, Texas - Football is king in Texas. You can imagine the celebration after a McKinney High School senior broke a state rushing record Thursday night.

Running back Matt Gadek carried the ball 49 times for 599 rushing yards, said Coach Jeff Smith, topping the state UIL record by 12 yards, and assuring a 63 to 50 win over Plano East.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/collin-county/mckinney-hs-football-player-set-new-state-rushing-record/484903477
That's very cool. I got to watch a little local football this weekend too. It's fun.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 07:15:43 AM »

Clouds are clearing out and have a very Red Sky over the Atlantic this morning!

     “Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning”

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 07:17:51 AM »

Good morning boys, a bit rough this morning. Had a party at the house last night for my 50th and son had a 7:00 hockey game. Wrapped it up around 1:00AM...I need a nap

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 07:19:42 AM »

Good morning boys, a bit rough this morning. Had a party at the house last night for my 50th and son had a 7:00 hockey game. Wrapped it up around 1:00AM...I need a nap
Good morning, Scott. Hopefully you'll take it easy the rest of the day.

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »

Good morning boys, a bit rough this morning. Had a party at the house last night for my 50th and son had a 7:00 hockey game. Wrapped it up around 1:00AM...I need a nap
Good morning Scott. Happy belated.

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 07:40:39 AM »

Good morning boys, a bit rough this morning. Had a party at the house last night for my 50th and son had a 7:00 hockey game. Wrapped it up around 1:00AM...I need a nap
Sounds like a near death experience 8)

Morning Fish

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 07:54:30 AM »

I read this book almost 30 years ago when first published and thought by many to be nonsense but now it seems that with the planned release of the JFK Assasination files it may be proven largely true.

Great read for those interested in JFK and/or Louisiana Mafia History.  (Available used on Amazon but out of print so new not available)

Mafia Kingfish: Carlos Marcello and the Assassination of JFK

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 07:56:58 AM »

time to start working on reports.

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 08:08:13 AM »

time to start working on reports.
Not me, as of July 20th my reporting days came to an end.

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 08:15:56 AM »

time to start working on reports.
Not me, as of July 20th my reporting days came to an end.
I find it easier to do a little at a time than wait until the last minute.

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 08:22:45 AM »

Some downright nasty offerings at the Deal Sites this morning.
Indeed, good thing we have a bit of an inventory cushion.

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »

Good morning boys, a bit rough this morning. Had a party at the house last night for my 50th and son had a 7:00 hockey game. Wrapped it up around 1:00AM...I need a nap
Glad you're using the weekends to recharge from the week.  Better start slowing down old man!   ;)

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »

Morning CarolinaDave, RedShootingStarDean, MayorTony and BurningTheCandleAtBothEndsFish.

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 08:27:34 AM »

Morning Travellin Dave

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 08:28:17 AM »

Today is Sunday, Oct. 22, the 295th day of 2017.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Oct. 22, 1962, in a nationally broadcast address, President John F. Kennedy revealed the presence of Soviet-built missile bases under construction in Cuba and announced a quarantine of all offensive military equipment being shipped to the Communist island nation.

On this date:

In 1746, Princeton University was first chartered as the College of New Jersey.

In 1797, French balloonist Andre-Jacques Garnerin (gahr-nayr-AN’) made the first parachute descent, landing safely from a height of about 3,000 feet over Paris.

In 1836, Sam Houston was inaugurated as the first constitutionally elected president of the Republic of Texas.

In 1926, Ernest Hemingway’s first novel, “The Sun Also Rises,” was published by Scribner’s of New York.

In 1928, Republican presidential nominee Herbert Hoover spoke of the “American system of rugged individualism” in a speech at New York’s Madison Square Garden.

In 1934, bank robber Charles “Pretty Boy” Floyd was shot to death by federal agents and local police at a farm near East Liverpool, Ohio.

In 1953, the Franco-Lao Treaty of Amity and Association effectively made Laos an independent member of the French Union.

In 1964, Jean-Paul Sartre was named winner of the Nobel Prize in literature, even though the French writer had said he would decline the award.

In 1979, the U.S. government allowed the deposed Shah of Iran to travel to New York for medical treatment – a decision that precipitated the Iran hostage crisis. French conductor and music teacher Nadia Boulanger died in Paris.

In 1981, the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization was decertified by the federal government for its strike the previous August.

In 1991, the European Community and the European Free Trade Association concluded a landmark accord to create a free trade zone of 19 nations by 1993.

In 2014, a gunman shot and killed a soldier standing guard at a war memorial in Ottawa, then stormed the Canadian Parliament before he was shot and killed by the usually ceremonial sergeant-at-arms.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5