CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: 10/14/2016  (Read 9582 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/14/2016
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 06:51:47 AM »

LSU, Florida agree to make up game Nov. 19.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 06:52:16 AM »

Can't still be 11 Mondays, can it?
Yes, unfortunately it is.
But the warden has three Mondays?
Longer than that, she has until late July.  I have almost 3 months minimum.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 06:54:51 AM »

LSU, Florida agree to make up game Nov. 19.
In Tiger Stadium not Florida!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 07:09:33 AM »

Now this one is for Tony!

October 14 is … Be Bald and Free Day and National Dessert Day

Toupee’s, Wigs, long hair in the front and bald on top, the issue of the balding head has been creating all sorts of ‘solutions’ for generations. But why does there need to be a solution? Why can there not be a Bald And Free Day to celebrate the chrome-dome, the cue-ball, the beautifully shaved scalp revealed in all its glory? Take heart! For such a day does truly exist, and it is, appropriately enough, Bald And Free Day, and it’s a day to toss aside all your head coverings and let the scalp breathe!

History of Be Bald And Free Day
Be Bald And Free Day is a celebration of the bald pate and the strength of the men and women who have dared to bare it all. Don’t think that being bald has always been a sign of weakness, after all when was the last time you thought of Bruce Willis or Sean Connery as ‘weak’. Instead these men are bald and yet symbols of virility. They’re part of a grand history as well, including such notable bald men as Mahatma Ghandi, the man who help to kick the British out of India without resorting to any form of violence.

How about Mikhail Gorbachev? The Russian leader who helped bring down the Berlin Wall, the Soviet Union, and put an end to the cold war. You better believe he rocked his bald pate to help change the world at large, in part by criticizing another man of equally hairless scalp, Vladimir Putin. Then there’s theman who arguably changed all of science with the concept of evolution, Charles Darwin. Correct, another man that utterly changed the world while baring his scalp to the world.

But baldness isn’t a powerful thing simply for women, take a look at Sinead O’Connor and Britney Spears, a pair that some would consider it blasphemous to speak in the same breath. Sinead wore her hair as a rebellion against those who wanted her to take on a softer, more sexualized look to help further her career. Instead she went bald and severe to break the male fantasy of the music industry. Britney, in her greatest time of trial and tribulation, shaved her head in part as a way to reclaim herself from the musical machine. Powerful women indeed!
Wow. It really is my day. I'll be sure to have dessert.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 07:10:43 AM »

Morning Mayor

sfish

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »

Good morning boys! Happy Friday

sfish

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 07:11:25 AM »

@Tex, did you receive the Tat sampler from Famous? If so, what were the contents?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 07:14:36 AM »

@Tex, did you receive the Tat sampler from Famous? If so, what were the contents?
Yes I did but did not check the contents beyond making sure there were 10 in each pak.  Think they might be wrong?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 07:15:16 AM »

Morning Fish

sfish

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 07:17:29 AM »

Yes I did but did not check the contents beyond making sure there were 10 in each pak.  Think they might be wrong?
Yes, huge difference. In the picture they show at left a Tat Series P, which would fit with the pricing. The description however lists a Reserva SW churchill which by itself is a $12-13 cigar

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 07:18:37 AM »

Yes, huge difference. In the picture they show at left a Tat Series P, which would fit with the pricing. The description however lists a Reserva SW churchill which by itself is a $12-13 cigar
I will dig around and check them.

sfish

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2016, 07:20:35 AM »

It's a great deal with the Series P and catsrule, it's an insane deal if the Reserva is in there

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2016, 07:21:23 AM »

Those were not up earlier this morning but I am pretty sure there was not a 7" long cigar in there.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 07:21:27 AM »

Now this one is for Tony!

October 14 is … Be Bald and Free Day and National Dessert Day

Toupee’s, Wigs, long hair in the front and bald on top, the issue of the balding head has been creating all sorts of ‘solutions’ for generations. But why does there need to be a solution? Why can there not be a Bald And Free Day to celebrate the chrome-dome, the cue-ball, the beautifully shaved scalp revealed in all its glory? Take heart! For such a day does truly exist, and it is, appropriately enough, Bald And Free Day, and it’s a day to toss aside all your head coverings and let the scalp breathe!

History of Be Bald And Free Day
Be Bald And Free Day is a celebration of the bald pate and the strength of the men and women who have dared to bare it all. Don’t think that being bald has always been a sign of weakness, after all when was the last time you thought of Bruce Willis or Sean Connery as ‘weak’. Instead these men are bald and yet symbols of virility. They’re part of a grand history as well, including such notable bald men as Mahatma Ghandi, the man who help to kick the British out of India without resorting to any form of violence.

How about Mikhail Gorbachev? The Russian leader who helped bring down the Berlin Wall, the Soviet Union, and put an end to the cold war. You better believe he rocked his bald pate to help change the world at large, in part by criticizing another man of equally hairless scalp, Vladimir Putin. Then there’s theman who arguably changed all of science with the concept of evolution, Charles Darwin. Correct, another man that utterly changed the world while baring his scalp to the world.

But baldness isn’t a powerful thing simply for women, take a look at Sinead O’Connor and Britney Spears, a pair that some would consider it blasphemous to speak in the same breath. Sinead wore her hair as a rebellion against those who wanted her to take on a softer, more sexualized look to help further her career. Instead she went bald and severe to break the male fantasy of the music industry. Britney, in her greatest time of trial and tribulation, shaved her head in part as a way to reclaim herself from the musical machine. Powerful women indeed!
Wow. It really is my day. I'll be sure to have dessert.
There you go.  Celebrate away Tony.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 07:21:45 AM »

Good morning Mr. Mayor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11