CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 9/4/2023 - Labor Day  (Read 619 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 9/4/2023 - Labor Day
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2023, 11:32:24 AM »

Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Aging Room Quattro Nicaraguan (Toro) (6.0"x54) - 5 / $29.99
Although they've gotten good reviews and I believe many are from AJ, I never really gave Aging Room much of a chance.  Anybody else better sampling than me?
I've had some here and there and was never impressed. Don't ask me which ones.
That's a problem I have with some cigar lines...like Illusione.  Can never remember which one I had...
I'll do a little research...
Not very successful. Just found a post from seven years ago where I basically said, the handful of Aging Rooms I smoked all had great construction but I wasn't impressed with the flavors. No specifics.
That Nicaraguan one is made by AJ. Never had it but it has great reviews.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2023, 11:35:43 AM »

Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Aging Room Quattro Nicaraguan (Toro) (6.0"x54) - 5 / $29.99
Although they've gotten good reviews and I believe many are from AJ, I never really gave Aging Room much of a chance.  Anybody else better sampling than me?
I've had some here and there and was never impressed. Don't ask me which ones.
That's a problem I have with some cigar lines...like Illusione.  Can never remember which one I had...
I'll do a little research...
Not very successful. Just found a post from seven years ago where I basically said, the handful of Aging Rooms I smoked all had great construction but I wasn't impressed with the flavors. No specifics.
That Nicaraguan one is made by AJ. Never had it but it has great reviews.
I would imagine it's the best one they've got.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2023, 12:56:57 PM »

Steve Harwell, the lead singer of Smash Mouth, the alternative rock band known for the cheerful pop perennial “All Star,” died on Monday. He was 56.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »

Page 3

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2023, 12:59:21 PM »

Happy birthday ladies.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2023, 02:12:29 PM »

Steve Harwell, the lead singer of Smash Mouth, the alternative rock band known for the cheerful pop perennial “All Star,” died on Monday. He was 56.
I read that. Apparently he'd been ill for a while.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2023, 02:38:17 PM »

Speaking of people dying, I'm heading to a memorial service for a neighbor. She was in her mid 40s and recently had a heart attack while driving with her youngest daughter (~10) on the main road that runs through our town.

A little over a year ago, they disbanded the volunteer EMT department in town. Since then, we rely on a hospital that's about 8 miles away, to respond to our medical emergencies. As had become the norm, it took them 45 minutes to come get her and she was brain dead by then. She was able to pull over and her daughter ran and got a cop but he didn't do CPR, as per their current policy.

Really sad. They are a prominent family in town and everyone knows them.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2023, 04:52:33 PM »

Speaking of people dying, I'm heading to a memorial service for a neighbor. She was in her mid 40s and recently had a heart attack while driving with her youngest daughter (~10) on the main road that runs through our town.

A little over a year ago, they disbanded the volunteer EMT department in town. Since then, we rely on a hospital that's about 8 miles away, to respond to our medical emergencies. As had become the norm, it took them 45 minutes to come get her and she was brain dead by then. She was able to pull over and her daughter ran and got a cop but he didn't do CPR, as per their current policy.

Ok, so the two most obvious questions are:

Why disband a group of volunteers, and why the policy against CPR? I assume it has something to do with being sued.

Sorry to hear about it. That's a huge loss, especially for that family. Sad for her to have gone so young, even worse for her daughter to have been there when it happened. I doubt she'll ever be able to get rid of that memory.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2023, 05:19:23 PM »

Ok, so the two most obvious questions are:

Why disband a group of volunteers, and why the policy against CPR? I assume it has something to do with being sued.

Sorry to hear about it. That's a huge loss, especially for that family. Sad for her to have gone so young, even worse for her daughter to have been there when it happened. I doubt she'll ever be able to get rid of that memory.
I just found out it didn't happen in our town but the one next to ours. They're playing by all the same rules. I don't quite know why that is but I'm sure we'll hear all about it in the coming weeks.

The deceased was a nurse and she hadn't been feeling well and decided to go for a drive rather than check herself into the hospital. Bad call.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2023, 05:39:15 PM »

Weird game.

Wordle 807 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Weird indeed. Mine was almost identical.

Wordle 807 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2023, 06:20:49 PM »

Wordle 807 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛