Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2019, 02:12:02 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
We went to an express game right before I retired, lady at work gave me 2 tickets.  It was a hot mofo too.

LSU playing Auburn now

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2019, 02:14:10 PM »

Time to pack the last essentials and head out. Hazzuh!

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2019, 02:15:00 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Sorry I'm late, hadda drive in today and been in meetings all morning. What'd I miss?
Deans Penis and not much else.

Afternoon/morning Raz
Well, that was information I didn't need.

Howahyuz, Tex?

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:38 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »

Time to pack the last essentials and head out. Hazzuh!
Hope Flo doesn't lose your luggage in the overnight move.

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.
You have buss/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2019, 02:33:13 PM »

Time to pack the last essentials and head out. Hazzuh!
Hope Flo doesn't lose your luggage in the overnight move.
Does that mean he has to show up tomorrow to unpack?

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2019, 02:36:51 PM »

[...]
I think it's $12 or $14 for a can. And yes, the subway does take you to the stadium but if I'm taking the whole family, we're driving.

The ferry from NJ used to be a cool way to get to the ballpark but after a long game, the boat ride back is a pain in the ass.

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2019, 02:46:39 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.
You have bus/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?
I think it's $12 or $14 for a can. And yes, the subway does take you to the stadium but if I'm taking the whole family, we're driving.

The ferry from NJ used to be a cool way to get to the ballpark but after a long game, the boat ride back is a pain in the ass.
Sounds like you'd better find a minor league or college game nearby.

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2019, 02:51:07 PM »

[...]

If we make it to a Braves Game we use a free Hilton night at the adjoining hotel and walk a very short distance  to the stadium

Good seats are $50-65 on weekdays, quite a bit more Friday-Saturday

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »

[...]

Absolutely. We have a team nearby which is actually a member of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball - no affiliation with MLB. Pretty fun time and about 20% of the costs.

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2019, 04:11:15 PM »

Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »

Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
Sunny and Hot as a mofo here

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »

Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
Sunny and Hot as a mofo here
It was real nice at lunch. Someone's just trying to screw with the commutes.

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2019, 04:18:51 PM »

Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
In the man cave with an EP Elencos, likely from Mr. EP himself, AWOLDave.  Big ol' torp.  Very nice smoke, perfect draw, box worthy.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6