CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 5/23/2019  (Read 4839 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/23/2019
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2019, 02:12:02 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
We went to an express game right before I retired, lady at work gave me 2 tickets.  It was a hot mofo too.

LSU playing Auburn now

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2019, 02:14:10 PM »

Time to pack the last essentials and head out. Hazzuh!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2019, 02:15:00 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Sorry I'm late, hadda drive in today and been in meetings all morning. What'd I miss?
Deans Penis and not much else.

Afternoon/morning Raz
Well, that was information I didn't need.

Howahyuz, Tex?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:38 PM »

Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.

Threebean

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »

Hope Flo doesn't lose your luggage in the overnight move.

Threebean

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »

Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.
You have buss/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2019, 02:33:13 PM »

Hope Flo doesn't lose your luggage in the overnight move.
Does that mean he has to show up tomorrow to unpack?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2019, 02:36:51 PM »

You have buss/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?
I think it's $12 or $14 for a can. And yes, the subway does take you to the stadium but if I'm taking the whole family, we're driving.

The ferry from NJ used to be a cool way to get to the ballpark but after a long game, the boat ride back is a pain in the ass.

Threebean

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2019, 02:46:39 PM »

You have bus/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?
I think it's $12 or $14 for a can. And yes, the subway does take you to the stadium but if I'm taking the whole family, we're driving.

The ferry from NJ used to be a cool way to get to the ballpark but after a long game, the boat ride back is a pain in the ass.
Sounds like you'd better find a minor league or college game nearby.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2019, 02:51:07 PM »

You have bus/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?

If we make it to a Braves Game we use a free Hilton night at the adjoining hotel and walk a very short distance  to the stadium

Good seats are $50-65 on weekdays, quite a bit more Friday-Saturday

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »

Absolutely. We have a team nearby which is actually a member of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball - no affiliation with MLB. Pretty fun time and about 20% of the costs.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2019, 04:11:15 PM »

Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »

Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
Sunny and Hot as a mofo here

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »

Sunny and Hot as a mofo here
It was real nice at lunch. Someone's just trying to screw with the commutes.

Threebean

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2019, 04:18:51 PM »

In the man cave with an EP Elencos, likely from Mr. EP himself, AWOLDave.  Big ol' torp.  Very nice smoke, perfect draw, box worthy. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6