Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »

@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
I thought it wasn't a bad idea either but I'm a pinko.
The central Texas mass transit system is nothing like you're used to in the NYC area.  Routes, consistency, and geography result in poor utilization.  I doubt this effort will have much of an impact beyond having a response to potential jurors saying "I can't get there".
Bean is correct but me no pinko would have used it after my first day on the jury.

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 11:44:50 AM »

[...]
Sounds a bit pinko to me. Just sayin'.

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 11:49:40 AM »

I was stopped at a traffic light in Ocala on my way to the doctor this morning. yes, I was enjoying a nice cigar during the drive. a lady next to me put down her window and yelled at me telling me that smoking was hazardous for me and everybody else in the world. I told her "so is not minding your own business".

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2019, 12:05:38 PM »

I was stopped at a traffic light in Ocala on my way to the doctor this morning. yes, I was enjoying a nice cigar during the drive. a lady next to me put down her window and yelled at me telling me that smoking was hazardous for me and everybody else in the world. I told her "so is not minding your own business".
LALTS

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »

I was stopped at a traffic light in Ocala on my way to the doctor this morning. yes, I was enjoying a nice cigar during the drive. a lady next to me put down her window and yelled at me telling me that smoking was hazardous for me and everybody else in the world. I told her "so is not minding your own business".
Sheesh, nazi beotch.

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2019, 12:22:09 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2019, 12:29:37 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
hopefully it will end before 3:30am.

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2019, 12:51:39 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
hopefully it will end before 3:30am.
Why? What else has he got to do?

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2019, 01:17:20 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2019, 01:17:55 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
hopefully it will end before 3:30am.
Just ended with Ole Miss winning 1-0

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »

pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2019, 01:58:57 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Sorry I'm late, hadda drive in today and been in meetings all morning. What'd I miss?

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2019, 02:10:39 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Sorry I'm late, hadda drive in today and been in meetings all morning. What'd I miss?
Deans Penis and not much else.

Afternoon/morning Raz
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6