CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 23, 2019, 12:17:26 AM

Title: 5/23/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on May 23, 2019, 12:17:26 AM
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 23, 2019, 04:58:23 AM
good morning. doctor appointment at 8am.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 05:09:21 AM
good morning. doctor appointment at 8am.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 05:10:22 AM
Morning Jammers!  Coffee is ready.

Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 05:11:20 AM
No pix due to darkness but had a tugboat pass by shortly before 4:00 this morning.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 23, 2019, 05:17:24 AM
Morning Jammers!  Coffee is ready.
got mine, thank you.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 05:19:10 AM
Longest baseball game in SEC Tournament history last night and well into this morning with LSU losing to Mississippi State 5-6 in the bottom of the 17th inning.  I went to sleep around 10:30  watching the game then woke up about 3:30 this morning and they were still playing.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 05:19:26 AM
Morning Jammers!  Coffee is ready.
got mine, thank you.
Enjoy!
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 05:44:48 AM
Some terrible weather in MO last night, tornado in Jefferson City was not too far from my office there.

Crazy thing is there was also a tornado that killed at least 3 people a few miles from Joplin on the anniversary of the Joplin tornado that almost took the city off the map and killed over 100 people.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 05:51:48 AM
We're jammin' on this Office Friday. Final day at this office, packing up my desk today so they can move us to the new campus tonight. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 05:59:11 AM
An asteroid nearly a mile wide and traveling 48,000 mph is set to pass by Earth this weekend.
And it’s not coming alone. This asteroid has its own moon.

Astronomers named it 1999 KW4. Even though it’s been classified as a “potentially hazardous asteroid” by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory’s Minor Planet Center, scientists say we have nothing to fear in this flyby.

It will only travel as close as 3.2 million miles from Earth, which equals about 13 times the distance between the Earth and the moon, CNET reported.

Since it carries a moon, the asteroid is known in the scientific community as a binary system, according to NASA.

The flyby will be visible starting May 24 and last until May 27. If you miss it, you’ll have to wait until 2036 to see it again.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 23, 2019, 06:18:22 AM
We're jammin' on this Office Friday. Final day at this office, packing up my desk today so they can move us to the new campus tonight. Sheesh.
probably more exciting than a jam.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 06:21:10 AM
We're jammin' on this Office Friday. Final day at this office, packing up my desk today so they can move us to the new campus tonight. Sheesh.
probably more exciting than a jam.
morning Dave.
Lol, true story.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 06:32:13 AM
Good morning, SCTex, FLDean, and OfficeMoveDave.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 06:32:27 AM
We're jammin' on this Office Friday. Final day at this office, packing up my desk today so they can move us to the new campus tonight. Sheesh.
probably more exciting than a jam.
morning Dave.
No doubt.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 06:34:37 AM
Good morning, SCTex, FLDean, and OfficeMoveDave.
Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 06:51:14 AM
Longest baseball game in SEC Tournament history last night and well into this morning with LSU losing to Mississippi State 5-6 in the bottom of the 17th inning.  I went to sleep around 10:30  watching the game then woke up about 3:30 this morning and they were still playing.
Were they playing on the west coast? Even professionals won't start another inning past 1:AM.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 06:52:39 AM
So have we decided that JerseyDave definitely met someone at the reunion and is currently locked up in her sex dungeon?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 07:05:30 AM
Longest baseball game in SEC Tournament history last night and well into this morning with LSU losing to Mississippi State 5-6 in the bottom of the 17th inning.  I went to sleep around 10:30  watching the game then woke up about 3:30 this morning and they were still playing.
Were they playing on the west coast? Even professionals won't start another inning past 1:AM.
HOOVER, Ala. — It ended at 3:03 a.m. Central Time  on Thursday, this marathon of a baseball game that began almost seven hours earlier, back when fans packed the stands at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium to support LSU and Mississippi State in the Southeastern Conference tournament.

The Tigers lost the longest game in the history of the SEC tournament 6-5, forcing them to play an elimination game against Auburn on Thursday afternoon, less than 12 hours later.

When it ended, six hours and 43 minutes has passed since the 8:20 p.m. (central time) first pitch on Wednesday.

Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 07:10:46 AM
So have we decided that JerseyDave definitely met someone at the reunion and is currently locked up in her sex dungeon?
Only logical conclusion I can come up with.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 07:12:03 AM
[...]

Interesting.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 07:30:26 AM
Good morning JustTwoDaves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Tent poles up on the jam.  Sadly can't compete with a binary asteroid fly-by.  Hell, can't compete with a hemorrhoid fly-by.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 07:33:42 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 07:51:56 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 07:53:53 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 07:57:22 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 07:59:25 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 08:04:36 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 08:20:31 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
That's true. We are having signs with our names put on them to display at our new work location, so everyone can get used to where they sit, and we were asked to come up with a picture to put on ours to personalize it. I chose a picture of a highball glass and a cigar. The person coordinating it was concerned it might be unacceptable, so I chose something else.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 08:21:02 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
And one for you, Census: 10 Texas cities among those with most dramatic population growth

3 of those Cities are Georgetown, Round Rock and Austin

https://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Census-10-Texas-cities-among-those-with-most-13877084.php#photo-17454208
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 08:22:42 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
Not a word in the article about parking being a reason.  Something tells me you wouldn't attempt to ride the bus from Lakeway, anyway.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 08:25:28 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
That's true. We are having signs with our names put on them to display at our new work location, so everyone can get used to where they sit, and we were asked to come up with a picture to put on ours to personalize it. I chose a picture of a highball glass and a cigar. The person coordinating it was concerned it might be unacceptable, so I chose something else.
Well, points for trying.  You should have asked us for suggestions.   :o
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 08:40:30 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
That's true. We are having signs with our names put on them to display at our new work location, so everyone can get used to where they sit, and we were asked to come up with a picture to put on ours to personalize it. I chose a picture of a highball glass and a cigar. The person coordinating it was concerned it might be unacceptable, so I chose something else.
Well, points for trying.  You should have asked us for suggestions.   :o
Now that would've been something to see!
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 08:41:34 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
Not a word in the article about parking being a reason.  Something tells me you wouldn't attempt to ride the bus from Lakeway, anyway.
"Less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option". I gotta believe they're talking about parking with the less expensive part.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 08:45:26 AM
[...]
You're not saying what you chose...
(https://media1.tenor.com/images/d9a2e334546198f92d1414ab332c3fd0/tenor.gif?itemid=9053477)
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 08:45:36 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
Not a word in the article about parking being a reason.  Something tells me you wouldn't attempt to ride the bus from Lakeway, anyway.
No busses to or from lakeway but park and ride locations would be feasible to many.  Well, selling the idea to the leftist is way more plausible in Travis County for sure.  But parking is definitely a major factor.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 09:03:05 AM
[...]
(https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0385/4437/products/ClevelandScript-Hardcourt_sticker_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493225687)
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 09:04:32 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
That's true. We are having signs with our names put on them to display at our new work location, so everyone can get used to where they sit, and we were asked to come up with a picture to put on ours to personalize it. I chose a picture of a highball glass and a cigar. The person coordinating it was concerned it might be unacceptable, so I chose something else.
Sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 09:05:48 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
I thought it wasn't a bad idea either but I'm a pinko.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 09:07:14 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
I thought it wasn't a bad idea either but I'm a pinko.
Same, on both counts.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 09:11:52 AM
@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
I thought it wasn't a bad idea either but I'm a pinko.
The central Texas mass transit system is nothing like you're used to in the NYC area.  Routes, consistency, and geography result in poor utilization.  I doubt this effort will have much of an impact beyond having a response to potential jurors saying "I can't get there".
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 09:26:03 AM
[...]
I wanna hear, yes we can instead of no we can't. C'mon Bean!
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 09:42:41 AM
[...]
(https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HandsomeHauntingBarnswallow-small.gif)
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 09:48:34 AM
[...]
It's a government run operation funded by the taxpayers.
(https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/30871342.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 23, 2019, 10:09:27 AM
At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
EPC 2nd.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 10:21:23 AM
[...]
Bean is correct but me no pinko would have used it after my first day on the jury.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 11:44:50 AM
[...]
Sounds a bit pinko to me. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 23, 2019, 11:49:40 AM
I was stopped at a traffic light in Ocala on my way to the doctor this morning. yes, I was enjoying a nice cigar during the drive. a lady next to me put down her window and yelled at me telling me that smoking was hazardous for me and everybody else in the world. I told her "so is not minding your own business".
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 12:05:38 PM
I was stopped at a traffic light in Ocala on my way to the doctor this morning. yes, I was enjoying a nice cigar during the drive. a lady next to me put down her window and yelled at me telling me that smoking was hazardous for me and everybody else in the world. I told her "so is not minding your own business".
LALTS
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 12:11:10 PM
I was stopped at a traffic light in Ocala on my way to the doctor this morning. yes, I was enjoying a nice cigar during the drive. a lady next to me put down her window and yelled at me telling me that smoking was hazardous for me and everybody else in the world. I told her "so is not minding your own business".
Sheesh, nazi beotch.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 23, 2019, 12:22:09 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 12:29:37 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 23, 2019, 12:43:22 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
hopefully it will end before 3:30am.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 12:51:39 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
hopefully it will end before 3:30am.
Why? What else has he got to do?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 01:06:47 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 01:17:20 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 01:17:55 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
hopefully it will end before 3:30am.
Just ended with Ole Miss winning 1-0
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 01:33:37 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: razgueado on May 23, 2019, 01:58:57 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Sorry I'm late, hadda drive in today and been in meetings all morning. What'd I miss?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 02:10:39 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Sorry I'm late, hadda drive in today and been in meetings all morning. What'd I miss?
Deans Penis and not much else.

Afternoon/morning Raz
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 02:12:02 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
We went to an express game right before I retired, lady at work gave me 2 tickets.  It was a hot mofo too.

LSU playing Auburn now
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 23, 2019, 02:14:10 PM
Time to pack the last essentials and head out. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: razgueado on May 23, 2019, 02:15:00 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Sorry I'm late, hadda drive in today and been in meetings all morning. What'd I miss?
Deans Penis and not much else.

Afternoon/morning Raz
Well, that was information I didn't need.

Howahyuz, Tex?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 02:31:38 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 02:31:45 PM
Time to pack the last essentials and head out. Hazzuh!
Hope Flo doesn't lose your luggage in the overnight move.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 02:33:01 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.
You have buss/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 02:33:13 PM
Time to pack the last essentials and head out. Hazzuh!
Hope Flo doesn't lose your luggage in the overnight move.
Does that mean he has to show up tomorrow to unpack?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 02:36:51 PM
[...]
I think it's $12 or $14 for a can. And yes, the subway does take you to the stadium but if I'm taking the whole family, we're driving.

The ferry from NJ used to be a cool way to get to the ballpark but after a long game, the boat ride back is a pain in the ass.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 02:46:39 PM
pb&j with milk. Oliva O maduro on deck. that will take me to nap time.
Cheese Tortellini and watching Ole Miss v Texas A&M Baseball.  0-0 middle of the 8th
Do you ever actually go to a ballpark to watch a baseball game?
Occasionally but not as much as I used to.  We have a good small college team here and a 2A Minor League Team 10 minutes away.  Plan on going to a Braves game in the fall.
I make it to one or two RR Express (3A) games, usually early in the season as it's too damn hot/humid even by now.  The seating areas do not get a breeze and it gets stifling.  Plus between the parking and the concessions you need a home equity loan to enjoy yourself.
Try going to a Yankees game. Parking alone is about +$50. A bottle of water is $6.50. Just ridiculous.
You have bus/rail options to get to a Yankees game, yes?  But that is crazy for a bottle of water.   How much for a 12 or 16 oz run-of-the-mill beer?
I think it's $12 or $14 for a can. And yes, the subway does take you to the stadium but if I'm taking the whole family, we're driving.

The ferry from NJ used to be a cool way to get to the ballpark but after a long game, the boat ride back is a pain in the ass.
Sounds like you'd better find a minor league or college game nearby.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 02:51:07 PM
[...]

If we make it to a Braves Game we use a free Hilton night at the adjoining hotel and walk a very short distance  to the stadium

Good seats are $50-65 on weekdays, quite a bit more Friday-Saturday
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 02:58:10 PM
[...]

Absolutely. We have a team nearby which is actually a member of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball - no affiliation with MLB. Pretty fun time and about 20% of the costs.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 04:11:15 PM
Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 04:12:20 PM
Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
Sunny and Hot as a mofo here
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 04:16:05 PM
Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
Sunny and Hot as a mofo here
It was real nice at lunch. Someone's just trying to screw with the commutes.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 04:18:51 PM
Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
In the man cave with an EP Elencos, likely from Mr. EP himself, AWOLDave.  Big ol' torp.  Very nice smoke, perfect draw, box worthy.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 04:25:46 PM
Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
In the man cave with an EP Elencos, likely from Mr. EP himself, AWOLDave.  Big ol' torp.  Very nice smoke, perfect draw, box worthy.
Starting to worry a bit. Hope everyone's alright.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 04:34:00 PM
Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
Sunny and Hot as a mofo here
89 here, feels like 97 deg.  Oof..
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on May 23, 2019, 04:37:15 PM
Raining like a MFer at the moment. Have to time this just right if I'm gonna try to get a smoke in. Got to work soaking wet this morning.
In the man cave with an EP Elencos, likely from Mr. EP himself, AWOLDave.  Big ol' torp.  Very nice smoke, perfect draw, box worthy.
Starting to worry a bit. Hope everyone's alright.
Guess he refuses to squeal like a pig so she won't give him his phone back.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 04:56:28 PM
What a ballgame!

Auburn was up 3-2 middle of the 9th, Bottom of the 9th 2 LSU men on base then a wild pitch followed by an error at the plate all on one play allowed 2 runs to score for LSU to win 4-3.

Crazy ending but I will take it.
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 23, 2019, 07:14:15 PM
Crazy baseball ending lull?
Title: Re: 5/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 23, 2019, 07:37:34 PM
Crazy baseball ending lull?
Or new game Lull, AR and GA tied 1-1 top of the 8th