Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 02:20:34 PM »

October 30 is … National Candy Corn Day
This evening is also known as Mischief Night, Devils Night or in my local area, Tick-Tack Night...
We always called it mischief night. I can't believe my parents let me go out with cartons of eggs, shaving cream, and flour socks.
Bunch of damn hoodlums, sounds like.
And you would be right. We didn't set out to vandalize property so much as to vandalize one another. However, plenty of property was littered as an unintended consequence. On Halloween day, you would always see homeowners hosing down their sidewalks.
...and washing their cars...

Then we would expect them to give us candy.
Looking back, that was pretty damn dumb. I remember having a ball doing it but it was so wrong and I would never allow my kids to do it.
I've found it's best not to think about things I've done in the past.
Especially difficult when the kids start asking "What did you do when...?"
That's when you pull out your best politician (just not like Anthony Weiner) - "I do not recall the events in question."
Daddy, did you ever smoke?
Daddy did you ever get drunk?
Daddy, did you ever smoke pot?
Diddy, did you have sex before you were married?
I was gonna reply, "not all on the same day" but I'd be lying.

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »

[...]

I lie to my kids. They need something to tell their psychiatrists when they grow up.

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »

[...]

As if they need more?  ....lol

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »

[...]

Musta bee one hell of evening.  Just sayin'…

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 03:03:15 PM »

[...]

Obviously they do. Neither are in any hurry to leave home.

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 03:04:36 PM »

[...]

Only in the retelling.

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »

[...]

And he's been paying for it ever since.

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 04:01:05 PM »

[...]

Better story than the real thing.

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »

Hello Cubs - wake up you got to play ball tonight!!!!

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]