Back from training, I'm in a real Tuesday mood now Effers - Morning Joe
Welcome back Biebs
Go shit in your hat Shaun!
That was not a very nice thing to say to someone welcoming you back. ;D
And?
Logged

jswaykos

Back from training, I'm in a real Tuesday mood now Effers - Morning Joe

Hey there, Scott. No new beers to report on since last week. May try some TenFidy this week after the wife and kids leave town a few days ahead of me.
None here either, not really looking that much anymore. Settled into my favorites and waiting for the VaS to hit some stores here

Same here. Nothing really lives up to VaS and it's cheaper than most of the stuff I've been comparing it too, so why bother chasing something else?? Still got that Mother Earth Zingaro in the fridge, so there's that to look forward to, as well as a few others stashed away. Otherwise I'm just gonna stick to six packs of VaS with perhaps an occasional experimental purchase.
Logged

jswaykos

Back from training, I'm in a real Tuesday mood now Effers - Morning Joe

Hey there, Scott. No new beers to report on since last week. May try some TenFidy this week after the wife and kids leave town a few days ahead of me.
Smoke any of the NJDave care package? Anything else new lately? I'm in the market for some La Historias

So far only the EPC Generosos which I really liked. flavors kept going from pepper and cedar to a creamy nuttiness. Interesting how it kept switching up between two different profiles. I'd buy more. I hope to put a dent in the rest of the package before leaving town for the thanksgiving holiday. I only bring the mooch level cigars since everyone will want to smoke something, and then put it out after an inch.

Got my road trip mapped out to hit various liquor stores that I don't have access to down here.

Back from training, I'm in a real Tuesday mood now Effers - Morning Joe

Hey there, Scott. No new beers to report on since last week. May try some TenFidy this week after the wife and kids leave town a few days ahead of me.
None here either, not really looking that much anymore. Settled into my favorites and waiting for the VaS to hit some stores here

Same here. Nothing really lives up to VaS and it's cheaper than most of the stuff I've been comparing it too, so why bother chasing something else?? Still got that Mother Earth Zingaro in the fridge, so there's that to look forward to, as well as a few others stashed away. Otherwise I'm just gonna stick to six packs of VaS with perhaps an occasional experimental purchase.
Have not tried it yet because of crappy weather for sitting out enjoying a smoke and a beer but I found some VaS here Saturday.  I assume i got fuct on it but it was at the normally cheapest place in town so what the hell, $10/22 oz bottles.

Back from training, I'm in a real Tuesday mood now Effers - Morning Joe

Hey there, Scott. No new beers to report on since last week. May try some TenFidy this week after the wife and kids leave town a few days ahead of me.
Smoke any of the NJDave care package? Anything else new lately? I'm in the market for some La Historias

So far only the EPC Generosos which I really liked. flavors kept going from pepper and cedar to a creamy nuttiness. Interesting how it kept switching up between two different profiles. I'd buy more. I hope to put a dent in the rest of the package before leaving town for the thanksgiving holiday. I only bring the mooch level cigars since everyone will want to smoke something, and then put it out after an inch.

Got my road trip mapped out to hit various liquor stores that I don't have access to down here.
Yeah I here you about the Holiday cigars. Most notable smokes lately have been the La Historia and far and away the Las Calaveras

I wish I had access to the VaS 6-packs, eventually I hope. New cases of the ST Chok have hit stores and I would try Evil Twin stuff if I ever saw it

Damn, it is 10:20 and I am 12:30 lunch hungry!  Brought some leftover fried chicken strips and livers from the Chicken Express.
Ditto. Having a Thanksgiving pig-out at work today, wanting to dive into it something fierce.
What they got at the Cafeteria today CG?
Tuesday
$3 meal option-1
   Soup Broccoli Cheese
   Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
   Soup Broccoli Cheese
        Salad Bar
   Made to order deli sandwich
   BBQ Pork on a Bun
   Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Wooo, slim pickens today unless the bbq on a bun is good bbq.
Yeah I am thinking a salad and a bbq sammich

[...]

No, that's normal outside of CA from what I've seen. I look forward to your review
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

Glad I tried the eviltwin doughnut break but it's nothing I'd buy again. VaS's fault.
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

Well, now you can try it. Couple bucks more than they go for here but what the hell, right? What's $2 extra once in a while?

Timmy's deal - Oliva Sere V corona (5"x43) box of 24 just $99.95 plus free shipping!

"I'll include a $20 Cigar.com gift card for free as well."
They have some 10-count boxes offering a $20 card as well right now.
Did not find those 10ct boxes but they have some "perfect 10 samplers" with a few good deals including LaBomba's, Core's and Ruinations if there is a free shipping code.
Sorry, workaference there for a bit, but here are the boxes I was talking about - http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1918
Either I am blind (quite possible) or they are sold out cause don't see any V's on there.   Those Maduro Wavell's are interesting to me though.  Good cigars.
No V's, just pointing out deals that also included the $20 gift card.
OK, thanks.  I am probably going for some of those Wavell's - Anybody got a FS Code for Cigars.com?

FRSH4B and it actually works.
Says invalid so they must be honoring it on this deal.  Bastards!
Try this one - http://www.cigar.com/shfr45

BREWERY ROAD TRIP THIS WEEKEND!

Jester King Brewery -    Franklins BBQ is a famous local place that has lines 3-4 hours long to get in.  It is good but not that good and there are other places just a good with little to no line.

The original impetus for this collaboration came from the filming of an upcoming episode of BBQ With Franklin, which will air on KLRU-TV, Austin PBS. Aaron Franklin set out to explore the use of smoke in beer making for the episode. We wanted to branch out beyond the traditional use of smoked malt and opted to take a local ingredient that was in season — Texas figs — and use it as a medium to impart characteristics from Franklin’s barbecue pits into the beer. Local figs were caramelized with heat and cold smoked at Franklin Barbecue. Aaron charred a portion of the figs, which imparted a subtle burnt, almost leathery, character to the beer. The base beer was designed to integrate the flavors and aromas of the smoked figs with our house fermentation characteristics, which stem from mixed culture fermentation with a blend of brewer’s yeast, wild yeast from the Texas Hill Country, and native souring bacteria. While we typically brew beer with a sizable majority of pilsner malt in the grist, in this case our Head Brewer Garrett Crowell opted for a base of Dark Munich malt, which he felt complemented the smoky and lightly caramelized character of the figs.

Figlet was brewed in early July of 2014 with Hill Country well water, barley, oats, and hops. It then underwent a long-term fermentation over the course of four months, first in stainless steel and then in bottles, kegs, and casks. As is the case with all our beer, the aromas and flavors are largely created by giving a diverse array of microorganisms, many of which are native to our land in the Texas Hill Country, the ample time they need to work with each other (or against each other!) to create unique characteristics inexorably tied to our land. During the last few weeks of the stainless steel portion of the fermentation, the smoked figs were added to the beer and allowed to referment. During this process, the sugars in the figs were broken down by yeast and bacteria. Through refermentation, the aromas and flavors of the smoked figs were transformed, integrated, and elevated in a way that we believe is greater than the sum of their parts. Figlet is 6.2% alcohol by volume, 1.006 specific gravity, and had a pH of 3.7 at the time of bottling in early September.

Figlet will be released at Jester King Brewery when our tasting room opens at 4pm on Friday, November 21st. It will be available by the glass, as well as to go in 750ml bottles ($12, limit 2 per customer per day). Approximately 3,500 bottles are available, and at this point, we do not anticipate Figlet being available outside of Jester King, apart from a few special events. The label art for Figlet was done in house by our own Josh Cockrell.

What a cool ass label!  All of their labels are pretty neat.

[...]

That worked!  Thanks, wavell maduro's on order.  Hell of a deal with FS and the $20 gift card making them a $1.70 cigar.

OH CHIT - forgot I was not buying any more cigars this year.  Dammit!

[...]

We always forget when the next great deal comes around.

[...]

CG's Fault!  Fuk'n enabler, would not have bought them without FS.