CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: 11/18/2014  (Read 38868 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 11/18/2014
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2014, 10:57:30 AM »

Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson learned Tuesday he will be suspended without pay for the rest of the 2014 NFL season, according to an NFL statement.
I expect that will already have been appealed.
NFL is more corrupt than Congress.  "Surprise Attacks by DEA on Sunday"  - Have you heard the NFL whining?  NO     Have you heard the players whining?  NO     Did they find anything illegal?  NO   Does it take a rocket scientist to know it was all set-up ahead of time?  NO    Does it "clear" the NFL to some degree from former player claims of Halloween Candy style Drug give aways?  YES
Much as I hate to admit it, but CG might be right, It's the COMMIES!
Yeah it hurts but CG is right.
The most corrupt sports league is the PGA, but that's a whole 'nother topic :)
Does not hold a candle to NASCAR but the PGA is certainly good at hiding the rampant cocaine use and what other major sport can you participate in 30-40% of the time and make $10-25 million a year.  None I know of, at least with all the others you have to show up all the time.  My favorite PGA example a few years ago they asked Mickelson about an upcoming tournament and he responded "he had to withdraw because it was his daughters first day of school and he did not want to miss it".
Yeah their drug policy is absurd-all handled internally without the intervention of police forces.  At least they get paid directly based on success and not guaranteed money - but the sponsorships help.
Not announcing fines and suspensions is a joke. Give the guys a little public shame, maybe it would help them straighten up.
YEP!   And also with all major sports the fines are a meaningless joke to deceive the public.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2014, 10:57:34 AM »

Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson learned Tuesday he will be suspended without pay for the rest of the 2014 NFL season, according to an NFL statement.
NFL is more corrupt than Congress.  "Surprise Attacks by DEA on Sunday"  - Have you heard the NFL whining?  NO     Have you heard the players whining?  NO     Did they find anything illegal?  NO   Does it take a rocket scientist to know it was all set-up ahead of time?  NO    Does it "clear" the NFL to some degree from former player claims of Halloween Candy style Drug give aways?  YES
Does not hold a candle to NASCAR but the PGA is certainly good at hiding the rampant cocain use and what other major sport can you participate in 30-40% of the time and make $10-25 million a year.  None I know of, at least with all the others you have to show up all the time.  My favorite PGA example a few years ago they asked Mickelson about an upcoming tournament and he responded "he had to withdraw because it was his daughters first day of school and he did not want to miss it".
Yeah their drug policy is absurd-all handled internally without the intervention of police forces.  At least they get paid directly based on success and not guaranteed money - but the sponsorships help.
Big time sponsor guaranteed $ for simply making the cut so you can't say they just get paid for success when most of the top 10 in $ play less than half the tournaments usually.  Does not matter where the $ come from.
But when they play they win...otherwise the sponsorships falter.  Plenty of guys are a testament to that-Duval, Weir, Mahan, Weekly, etc

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2014, 10:57:40 AM »

Morning, all.
Welcome to Tuesday morning on the banter, Joe.

Glad to be here.  Only a matter of time before the work starts today.  Morning, Tony.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2014, 10:58:41 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning, Gubmint Joe.
Morning CA Joe.

Hey Dave.  Chilly here this morning, relatively speaking.  No snow, that's for damn sure.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:02 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2014, 11:01:43 AM »

Does not hold a candle to NASCAR but the PGA is certainly good at hiding the rampant cocain use and what other major sport can you participate in 30-40% of the time and make $10-25 million a year.  None I know of, at least with all the others you have to show up all the time.  My favorite PGA example a few years ago they asked Mickelson about an upcoming tournament and he responded "he had to withdraw because it was his daughters first day of school and he did not want to miss it".
Big time sponsor guaranteed $ for simply making the cut so you can't say they just get paid for success when most of the top 10 in $ play less than half the tournaments usually.  Does not matter where the $ come from.
But when they play they win...otherwise the sponsorships falter.  Plenty of guys are a testament to that-Duval, Weir, Mahan, Weekly, etc
1 major win is good for 5+ years of big time $ without another win with each year amounting to more than 100 times the lifetime earnings of average well educated working people.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2014, 11:01:47 AM »

Morning, all.

Glad to be here.  Only a matter of time before the work starts today.  Morning, Tony.
Work?  I thought you got a job with the government?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »

Morning, all.
Mornin Joe!

Hey there, Shaun.  Pretty nice deal with those Oliva V #4s.  Passing because I've got plenty but I would if I didn't.  I'm now on the lookout for a deal on the EPC New Wave Reservas.  I figure Famous will be the cheapest when they get them in with the 'catsrule' code.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2014, 11:02:18 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning, Gubmint Joe.
Morning CA Joe.

Hey Dave.  Chilly here this morning, relatively speaking.  No snow, that's for damn sure.
Chilly here too but sunny and pretty.  NO Snow either.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »

Morning, all.

Zing!  Morning, Sam.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:33 AM »

1 major win is good for 5+ years of big time $ without another win with each year amounting to more than 100 times the lifetime earnings of average well educated working people.
I still think they are more deserving then some member of a SuperBowl team - they did it by themselves, no one else to lean on. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2014, 11:04:02 AM »

Morning, all.
Mornin Joe!

Hey there, Shaun.  Pretty nice deal with those Oliva V #4s.  Passing because I've got plenty but I would if I didn't.  I'm now on the lookout for a deal on the EPC New Wave Reservas.  I figure Famous will be the cheapest when they get them in with the 'catsrule' code.
Agreed - those look really interesting, might get a couple 5-10packs with some catsrule

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »

Timmy's deal - Oliva Sere V corona (5"x43) box of 24 just $99.95 plus free shipping!

"I'll include a $20 Cigar.com gift card for free as well."
They have some 10-count boxes offering a $20 card as well right now.
Did not find those 10ct boxes but they have some "perfect 10 samplers" with a few good deals including LaBomba's, Core's and Ruinations if there is a free shipping code.
Sorry, workaference there for a bit, but here are the boxes I was talking about - http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1918
Either I am blind (quite possible) or they are sold out cause don't see any V's on there.   Those Maduro Wavell's are interesting to me though.  Good cigars.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »

Morning, all.

Zing!  Morning, Sam.
well, it is Tuesday...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »

601 Greens on the mash are a nice corona for winter and don't really need anything more than a week or two of rest off the truck.

601 Green Label Oscuro Corona 5 Pk
Country:NicaraguaSize:5 x 42 Shape:Corona Wrapper:Oscuro Strength:Full Quantity:5 Cigars

MSRP: $33.75
Monster Price: $19.98

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21