CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: 11/12/2014  (Read 42506 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 11/12/2014
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »

I'm afraid I'm starting to turn into one of those grumpy old men.  I was taking my wife some orange juice as she's lying in bed.  There's about a foot and a half space between the wall and her side of the bed.  As I'm walking between the space, my wife said, "I'm cold, watch out for the electric blanket I put onto the bed."  As I walk closer, my foot get's caught up into this big ball of spider web of wires about the size of a socker ball.  I almost tripped and fell.  She said, "I TOLD you to watch out for the electric blanket..!"  Actually, I was watching the electric blanket the whole time, but I was looking at it on the bed.  Now I can't figure out if I should be mad at her or not..???
Don't be mad but spit in her OJ.

It may upset her more if he just leaves it on a dresser, just out of reach, so she has to get out from under the covers to get it.
LOL!  That's so diabolical.  I love it.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2014, 10:48:07 AM »

I'm afraid I'm starting to turn into one of those grumpy old men.  I was taking my wife some orange juice as she's lying in bed.  There's about a foot and a half space between the wall and her side of the bed.  As I'm walking between the space, my wife said, "I'm cold, watch out for the electric blanket I put onto the bed."  As I walk closer, my foot get's caught up into this big ball of spider web of wires about the size of a socker ball.  I almost tripped and fell.  She said, "I TOLD you to watch out for the electric blanket..!"  Actually, I was watching the electric blanket the whole time, but I was looking at it on the bed.  Now I can't figure out if I should be mad at her or not..???
Question is would getting mad at her provide anything useful.  having been married 36 years myself, i'd have to say nothing good could come of making an issue of this.
I know this is really terrible of me to say, "but the worse I treat her the nicer and sweeter she treats me."  Last week we started fighting, and she ended it with, "why don't you lay down in bed and I'll give you a 20 minute back massage."  Which she did.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »

Too late for that so pee in her cherios

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #228 on: November 12, 2014, 10:50:21 AM »

It may upset her more if he just leaves it on a dresser, just out of reach, so she has to get out from under the covers to get it.
Now that's a great idea....!  Is that what they refer to as passive aggressive...?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »

Question is would getting mad at her provide anything useful.  having been married 36 years myself, i'd have to say nothing good could come of making an issue of this.
I know this is really terrible of me to say, "but the worse I treat her the nicer and sweeter she treats me."  Last week we started fighting, and she ended it with, "why don't you lay down in bed and I'll give you a 20 minute back massage."  Which she did.
Yeah well fuck a back massage you would have gotten a front massage if she was not pissed off.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2014, 10:50:47 AM »

14 Alec Bradley Flight Sampler #2
           10/34.99
13 5 Vegas Cask Strength Toro
           10/29.50
12 Romeo y Julieta 1875 Robusto
           10/37.50
11 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito (toro)
            5/25.00
10 5 Vegas Gold Nuggets (corona)
          10/19.50
 9 La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto
           5/19.99
 8 Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto
         10/34.50
 7 Latitude Zero Torpedo (6.5"x52)
          5/22.50
 6 Carlos Torano Exodus '50 Years' Robusto(5.0"x50)
         10/34.99
 5 Padilla 1932 Torpedo (6.1"x52)
          5/24.50
 4 Oliva Serie 'O'
         10/34.99
 3  Cohiba Puro Dominicana Robusto
           5/29.99
 2  Man O War Gordo Box
         10/39.99
 1  Cuenca y Blanco  (CyB) Robusto
          5/20.00

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »

And after 39 years nothing good comes from not pissing them off either so at least if you piss them off they don't talk so there is a significant benefit

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »

Speaking of massages where the fuk is Dean??????

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »

Is he getting his tramp stamp colored in this afternoon?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »

Now that's a great idea....!  Is that what they refer to as passive aggressive...?

Not sure, but I would get a smile out of it.

Another fun thing to mess with her would be to unplug the blanket when she's not looking. That's just me though.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »

Is he getting his tramp stamp colored in this afternoon?
Did he check in at all this morning?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »

Another fun thing to mess with her would be to unplug the blanket when she's not looking. That's just me though.
LOL!  Sounds like you have the passive/aggressive down.   :D

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2014, 11:02:33 AM »

And after 39 years nothing good comes from not pissing them off either so at least if you piss them off they don't talk so there is a significant benefit
Actually, my wife never stops talking.  And she has this habit of starting her sentences in the middle, going to the end, then starts the beginning, and ends at the middle.  So your completely confused at what she is saying, until she's done, and then you have to figure out exactly what she meant.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »

I actually laughed out loud on that one.  I like how you think... :)  I could probably convince her that the blanket is broke so I could use it in the living room while I watch tv...  I'll wrap a piece of electrical tape around it and tell her it's too dangerous for her to use...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »

Actually, my wife never stops talking.  And she has this habit of starting her sentences in the middle, going to the end, then starts the beginning, and ends at the middle.  So your completely confused at what she is saying, until she's done, and then you have to figure out exactly what she meant.
Time for you to bring out the duct tape and seal that leak
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29