Morning, all.

Hey, Joe. You buy yourself any bday gifts? Saw you opted out of the San Andreas PC's.

I buy myself bday gifts all year round!  Local-ish liquor store had a 10% off sale, so I grabbed some stuff.  Also treated myself to a bottle of Imperial Doughnut Break from EvilTwin brewing (they were out of the Biscotti Break).  It was very good but I still think the Victory at Sea tastes VERY similar.. and it's half the cost.  I'm about to be done with trying various coffee beers and just stick with the VaS.
I keep looking to see if they have added Victory at Sea to the selections yet but no luck
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Morning, all.

Hey, Joe. You buy yourself any bday gifts? Saw you opted out of the San Andreas PC's.

I buy myself bday gifts all year round!  Local-ish liquor store had a 10% off sale, so I grabbed some stuff.  Also treated myself to a bottle of Imperial Doughnut Break from EvilTwin brewing (they were out of the Biscotti Break).  It was very good but I still think the Victory at Sea tastes VERY similar.. and it's half the cost.  I'm about to be done with trying various coffee beers and just stick with the VaS.

Ha, Know what ya mean. Haven't had either of the 'Breaks', so can't really give an opinion either way. The Taco Mac's (sports bar&grill) in town now have some Ballast Point on tap and the VaS is one of them. Really looking forward to trying one from the keg.

Morning, all.

Hey, Joe. You buy yourself any bday gifts? Saw you opted out of the San Andreas PC's.

I buy myself bday gifts all year round!  Local-ish liquor store had a 10% off sale, so I grabbed some stuff.  Also treated myself to a bottle of Imperial Doughnut Break from EvilTwin brewing (they were out of the Biscotti Break).  It was very good but I still think the Victory at Sea tastes VERY similar.. and it's half the cost.  I'm about to be done with trying various coffee beers and just stick with the VaS.
Tried a really good IPA last night.  I posted it here...
http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php/topic,179.272.html

Funny thing is that they were out of the first two beers I ordered.  In fact, when I ordered a 2nd one of these, they were also out of it.  I guess this place was more of a PBR or BudLight kinda place.  Food there was good though.
Logged

jswaykos

Morning, all.

Hey, Joe. You buy yourself any bday gifts? Saw you opted out of the San Andreas PC's.

I buy myself bday gifts all year round!  Local-ish liquor store had a 10% off sale, so I grabbed some stuff.  Also treated myself to a bottle of Imperial Doughnut Break from EvilTwin brewing (they were out of the Biscotti Break).  It was very good but I still think the Victory at Sea tastes VERY similar.. and it's half the cost.  I'm about to be done with trying various coffee beers and just stick with the VaS.

Ha, Know what ya mean. Haven't had either of the 'Breaks', so can't really give an opinion either way. The Taco Mac's (sports bar&grill) in town now have some Ballast Point on tap and the VaS is one of them. Really looking forward to trying one from the keg.

I can't deny that it was a great beer, but it was $17 for the bottle.  VaS is $7.  If I were blindfolded I probably would've just guessed I was drinking the VaS.
Logged

dwgbryant

Anyone smoking?  I'm tempted to leave the office and go sit in a cigar shop somewhere for a few hours.  Fucking workaference.
cigar #3 OOO toro.
Logged

dwgbryant

good morning Steve and Joe.
Logged

dwgbryant

landlady is on her knees weeding the flower beds. I had to leave, my heart isn't as strong as it use to be.

landlady is on her knees weeding the flower beds. I had to leave, my heart isn't as strong as it use to be.
sounds to me like your balls just are not big enough.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

landlady is on her knees weeding the flower beds. I had to leave, my heart isn't as strong as it use to be.

Hey, Dean. Sounded like a perfect opportunity to get a new 'profile' pic.  ;)
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Time for a little break.... bbl.
[...]

It just linked to the last page of the banter. What was the beer?? My brother had a Dorado IPA the other night that was pretty good, from Ballast Point.

So, this is me last night, after I broke my left tibia and fibula falling into an 8' deep trench that I didn't know was there and couldn't see. Fun times.

[...]

Yeah, that's too much... especially if it's that close to something less expensive you already enjoy.

I picked up a 6 of Terrapin Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter. I like it better than the Moo-Hoo Stout.

So, this is me last night, after I broke my left tibia and fibula falling into an 8' deep trench that I didn't know was there and couldn't see. Fun times.

HOLY CHIT Man!   Glad you can still post, keep us up to date and hope you have a speedy recovery.  Don't forget to sue the shit out of the ditch owner and anybody else you can find!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

So, this is me last night, after I broke my left tibia and fibula falling into an 8' deep trench that I didn't know was there and couldn't see. Fun times.

Damn, Bret. I thought you were going to say you did this riding. Not that it would be better... just more expected I guess.

Clean break(s)? No pins or plates or such.