CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: 5/3/2018  (Read 2859 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
5/3/2018
« on: May 03, 2018, 12:01:34 AM »

What's up cigar enthusiasts?!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 5/3/2018
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:25:51 AM »

good morning.
who's heading or at CF?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 04:53:26 AM »

just finished sausages and eggs. Counterfeit Cuban and coffee. going to mow the neighbor's lawn today. not the neighbor lady. this guy is 89 years old and in better shape than I am. his mower is in the shop and asked to borrow mine. after I may head to the lady's house and drain, clean, and refill her pool.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:58:34 AM »

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it annoys enough people to make it worth while.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 05:50:36 AM »

Morning Mr. Dean.
Sounds like a full day planned.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 05:51:45 AM »

Morning Mr. Dean.
Sounds like a full day planned.
morning Dave. I may skip the pool and enjoy a sun day.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 05:53:56 AM »

Today is Thursday, May 3, the 123rd day of 2018. There are 242 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:

On May 3, 1978, spam email was born as Gary Thuerk (thurk), a marketing executive for the Digital Equipment Corp. of Maynard, Massachusetts, transmitted an unsolicited sales pitch for a new line of computers to 400 prospective customers on ARPANET, a precursor to the internet; the stunt generated some business, as well as complaints. "Sun Day" took place on a Wednesday as thousands of people extolling the virtues of solar energy held events across the country.

On this date:

In 1515, Pope Leo X promulgated the bull "Inter sollicitudines" allowing the Catholic Church to review and censor books.

In 1791, the Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania adopted a constitution.

In 1810, English poet Lord Byron, inspired by the Greek myth of Hero and Leander, swam across the Hellespont, a strait in present-day Turkey.

In 1916, Irish nationalists Padraic Pearse, Thomas Clarke and Thomas MacDonagh were executed by a British firing squad; they were among 16 people put to death for their roles in the Easter Rising.

In 1937, Margaret Mitchell won the Pulitzer Prize for her novel, "Gone with the Wind."

In 1948, the Supreme Court, in Shelley v. Kraemer, ruled that covenants prohibiting the sale of real estate to blacks or members of other racial groups were legally unenforceable.

In 1952, the Kentucky Derby was televised nationally for the first time on CBS; the winner was Hill Gail, ridden by Eddie Arcaro.

In 1960, the Harvey Schmidt-Tom Jones musical "The Fantasticks" began a nearly 42-year run at New York's Sullivan Street Playhouse.

In 1979, Conservative Party leader Margaret Thatcher was chosen to become Britain's first female prime minister as the Tories ousted the incumbent Labour government in parliamentary elections.

In 1986, in NASA's first post-Challenger launch, an unmanned Delta rocket lost power in its main engine shortly after liftoff, forcing safety officers to destroy it by remote control.

In 1999, some 70 tornadoes roared across Oklahoma and Kansas, killing 46 people and injuring hundreds.

In 2007, British girl Madeleine McCann vanished during a family vacation in Portugal nine days before her fourth birthday; her disappearance remains unsolved.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 05:54:59 AM »

Ten years ago: Barack Obama defeated Hillary Rodham Clinton by seven votes out of more than 4,500 cast in the Guam Democratic presidential caucuses, meaning the candidates split the pledged delegate votes. Big Brown won the Kentucky Derby by 4 3/4 lengths. (Filly Eight Belles finished second and then broke both front ankles; she was euthanized on the track.)

Five years ago: President Barack Obama cast Mexico as a nation ready to take "its rightful place in the world" and move past the drug battles and violence that had defined its relationship with the United States; the president then headed to Costa Rica, where he told a press conference he didn't foresee any circumstance requiring the U.S. to send ground troops into Syria. Gunmen killed Chaudhry Zulfikar, Pakistan's lead prosecutor investigating the assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto (BEN'-uh-zeer BOO'-toh), as he drove to court in the capital.

One year ago: President Donald Trump met at the White House with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas (mahk-MOOD' ah-BAHS'), promising "to do whatever is necessary" to forge an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal. FBI Director James Comey told Congress that revealing the reopening of the Hillary Clinton email probe just before Election Day came down to a painful, complicated choice between "really bad" and "catastrophic" options, but in hindsight would have acted no differently. Actress Daliah Lavi, 74, died in Asheville, North Carolina.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 05:55:57 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actor Alex Cord is 85. Singer Frankie Valli is 84. Idaho Gov. Butch Otter is 76. Sen. Jim Risch, R-Idaho, is 75. Sports announcer Greg Gumbel is 72. Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., is 69. Pop singer Mary Hopkin is 68. Singer Christopher Cross is 67. Country musician Cactus Moser (Highway 101) is 61. Rock musician David Ball (Soft Cell) is 59. Former Sen. David Vitter, R-La., is 57. Country singer Shane Minor is 50. Actress Amy Ryan is 50. Actor Bobby Cannavale (ka-nuh-VAL'-ee) is 48. Music and film producer-actor Damon Dash is 47. Country musician John Driskell Hopkins (Zac Brown Band) is 47. Country-rock musician John Neff is 47. Country singer Brad Martin is 45. TV personality Willie Geist (TV: "Today") is 43. Actress Christina Hendricks is 43. Actor Dule (doo-LAY') Hill is 43. Country singer Eric Church is 41. Actress Tanya Wright is 40. Dancer Cheryl Burke is 34. Soul singer Michael Kiwanuka is 31. Actress Jill Berard is 28. Actress Zoe De Grand Maison is 23. Rapper Desiigner (cq) is 21.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 05:56:52 AM »

Thought for Today: "A man can become so accustomed to the thought of his own faults that he will begin to cherish them as charming little 'personal characteristics.'" - Helen Rowland, American writer, journalist and humorist (1876-1950).

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 05:58:05 AM »

just finished sausages and eggs. Counterfeit Cuban and coffee. going to mow the neighbor's lawn today. not the neighbor lady. this guy is 89 years old and in better shape than I am. his mower is in the shop and asked to borrow mine. after I may head to the lady's house and drain, clean, and refill her pool.
Can't she do anything on her own?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 06:03:19 AM »

not much.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 06:11:16 AM »

But today is not just CF day, oh no,

NATIONAL TWO DIFFERENT COLORED SHOES DAY
NATIONAL MONTANA DAY
 WORLD PASSWORD DAY
NATIONAL LUMPY RUG DAY
NATIONAL PARANORMAL DAY
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
NATIONAL GARDEN MEDITATION DAY
NATIONAL SPECIALLY ABLED PETS DAY
NATIONAL DAY OF REASON
 NATIONAL TEXTILES DAY
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CUSTARD DAY
NATIONAL RASPBERRY POPOVER DAY
NATIONAL SAN ARCHITECT DAY

Lots 'o days today, take your pick.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 06:11:41 AM »

not much.
in fact, she called someone she knows to do some tree work. they said for $375 they'd drop the trees but she'd have to deal with them from there. she called a bunch of friends to see if they'd help cut up and stack/burn everything. I intervened. I called a tree guy, his crew came yesterday, removed three trees, loaded everything, cleaned up behind themselves, were in and out in 5 hours for $200.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 06:13:03 AM »

But today is not just CF day, oh no,

NATIONAL TWO DIFFERENT COLORED SHOES DAY
NATIONAL MONTANA DAY
 WORLD PASSWORD DAY
NATIONAL LUMPY RUG DAY
NATIONAL PARANORMAL DAY