CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 14, 2014, 12:01:58 AM

Title: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on November 14, 2014, 12:01:58 AM
Happy Friday, turkeys!  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a beverage of your choice and welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:27:28 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:36:04 AM
Today is Friday, Nov. 14, the 318th day of 2014. There are 47 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:36:52 AM
Today's Highlights in History:

On Nov. 14, 1889, inspired by the Jules Verne novel "Around the World in Eighty Days," New York World reporter Nellie Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane) set out to make the trip in less time than the fictional Phileas Fogg. (She completed the journey in 72 days.) Jawarharlal Nehru (juh-wah-hahr-LAHL' NAY'-roo), the first prime minister of India, was born.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:37:43 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:38:13 AM
In 1851, Herman Melville's novel "Moby-Dick; Or, The Whale" was first published in the United States.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:38:33 AM
In 1910, Eugene B. Ely became the first aviator to take off from a ship as his Curtiss pusher rolled off a sloping platform on the deck of the scout cruiser USS Birmingham off Hampton Roads, Virginia.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:39:11 AM
In 1922, the British Broadcasting Co. began its domestic radio service.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:40:03 AM
In 1940, during World War II, German planes destroyed most of the English town of Coventry.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:40:21 AM
In 1944, Tommy Dorsey and his orchestra recorded "Opus No. 1" for RCA Victor.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:40:49 AM
1954, the president of Egypt, Muhammad Naguib, was deposed by the Revolutionary Command Council, leaving Gamal Abdel Nasser fully in charge as acting head of state.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:41:19 AM
In 1969, Apollo 12 blasted off for the moon.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:41:41 AM
In 1970, a chartered Southern Airways DC-9 crashed while trying to land in West Virginia, killing all 75 people on board, including the Marshall University football team and its coaching staff.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:42:04 AM
In 1972, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed above the 1,000 level for the first time, ending the day at 1,003.16.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:42:25 AM
1986, the Securities and Exchange Commission imposed a $100 million penalty against inside-trader Ivan F. Boesky and barred him from working again in the securities industry.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:42:48 AM
In 1990, it was revealed that the pop duo Milli Vanilli (Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan) had done none of the singing on their Grammy-winning debut album "Girl You Know It's True."
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:43:31 AM
In 1997, a jury in Fairfax, Virginia, decided that Pakistani national Aimal Khan Kasi (eye-MAHL' kahn KAH'-see) should get the death penalty for gunning down two CIA employees outside agency headquarters. Five years later on this date, Aimal Khan Kasi was executed.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:44:11 AM
Ten years ago: Mahmoud Abbas, successor to Yasser Arafat, escaped unharmed when militants firing assault rifles burst into a mourning tent for the deceased Palestinian leader in Gaza, killing two security guards. Usher was honored with four trophies at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles: favorite male soul-R&B artist, best pop-rock album, best pop-rock artist and best soul-R&B album.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:44:45 AM
Five years ago: President Barack Obama, on a mission to repair America's global standing, told Asian countries during a speech in Tokyo that he was determined to engage them as equal partners in the economy, diplomacy and security.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:45:19 AM
One year ago: Reversing course, President Barack Obama said millions of Americans should be allowed to renew individual coverage plans ticketed for cancellation under the health care law. During a confirmation hearing before the Senate Banking Committee, Janet Yellen made clear she would be prepared to stand by the Federal Reserve's low-interest policies, if she were confirmed as Fed chair. Former Boston crime boss James "Whitey" Bulger was led off to prison to begin serving a life sentence at 84 for his murderous reign in the 1970s and '80s. Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen and Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera won baseball's Most Valuable Player awards.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:46:28 AM
Today's Birthdays: Former U.N. Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali is 92. Actress Kathleen Hughes is 86. Former MLB All-Star Jimmy Piersall is 85. Former NASA astronaut Fred Haise is 81. Jazz musician Ellis Marsalis is 80. Composer Wendy Carlos is 75. Writer P.J. O'Rourke is 67. Zydeco singer-musician Buckwheat Zydeco is 67. Britain's Prince Charles is 66. Rock singer-musician James Young (Styx) is 65. Singer Stephen Bishop is 63. Blues musician Anson Funderburgh is 60. Pianist Yanni is 60. Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is 60. Presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett is 58. Actress Laura San Giacomo (JEE'-ah-koh-moh) is 53. Actor D.B. Sweeney is 53. Rapper Reverend Run (Run-DMC) is 50. Actor Patrick Warburton is 50. Rock musician Nic Dalton is 50. Country singer Rockie Lynne is 50. Pop singer Jeanette Jurado (Expose) is 49. Retired MLB All-Star pitcher Curt Schilling is 48. Rock musician Brian Yale is 46. Rock singer Butch Walker is 45. Actor Josh Duhamel (du-MEHL') is 42. Rock musician Travis Barker is 39. Contemporary Christian musician Robby Shaffer is 39. Actor Brian Dietzen (TV: "NCIS") is 37. Rapper Shyheim is 37. Rock musician Tobin Esperance (Papa Roach) is 35. Actress Olga Kurylenko is 35. Actress/comedian Vanessa Bayer (TV: "Saturday Night Live") is 33. Actor Graham Patrick Martin is 23.

Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:47:44 AM
Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English author (1819-1880).
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 02:48:47 AM
Cave Drawings
-------------------------

It was considered a unique find and the writings were said to be at least Three thousand years old!
The piece of stone was removed, brought to the museum, and archaeologists from around the world came to study the ancient symbols.
They held a huge Meeting after months of conferences to discuss the meaning of the markings.
The President of the society pointed to first drawing and said: "This is a Woman. We can see these people held women in high esteem. You can also tell they were intelligent, as the next symbol is a donkey, so they were smart enough to have animals help them till the soil. The next drawing is a shovel, which means they had tools to help them."

Even further proof of their high intelligence is the fish which means that if a famine hit the earth and food didn't grow, they seek food from the sea. The last symbol appears to be the Star of David which means they were evidently Hebrews.

The audience applauded enthusiastically.

Then a little old Jewish man stood up in the back of the room and said, "Idiots, Hebrew is read from right to left...... It says: 'Holy Mackerel Dig the Ass on that Chick.' "
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 04:01:36 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 04:35:37 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 04:37:02 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 04:45:43 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 05:15:00 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
To early for that much snow.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 05:15:59 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
The guys who sell heating oil have got to be happy right now.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 05:22:43 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 05:24:19 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
To early for that much snow.
32 here now but the wind has calmed down a lot so not real bad uncomfortable.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 05:25:02 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 05:34:37 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Yep, doing a couple hours OT this morning.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 05:35:59 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 05:45:05 AM
Nice deal Mashing again on the Murcielago's 4/$16 buy 4 Paks use CATSRULE and FS brings them to $3.32 each.  6X50 Toro's.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 05:48:19 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 05:53:20 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Good morning Native.
Hey there Chilly Chip.

How about this news (even though I don't trust the polls and sure don't trust the voting machines when a Landrieu name is on the ballot) this is at least sure encouraging. Came from a news source that always adds a little conservative humor.

‘Her campaign is running on fumes’: Final Senate race looks to be a Louisiana laugher as internal polls show GOP’s Bill Cassidy opening up 16-point lead over Sen. Mary Landrieu. Dead woman walking.

Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 06:03:21 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Good morning Native.
Hey there Chilly Chip.
You got that right.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 14, 2014, 06:05:16 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Good morning Native.
Hey there Chilly Chip.
Worst part is that now that it's cold and everyone is out of town, I get emails from the people off having fun to check on there houses, it might have been a good idea to leave me a key, 3 houses and no keys.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:07:55 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Good morning Native.
Hey there Chilly Chip.
Worst part is that now that it's cold and everyone is out of town, I get emails from the people off having fun to check on there houses, it might have been a good idea to leave me a key, 3 houses and no keys.
Hah yeah keys might help.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:10:34 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Good morning Native.
Hey there Chilly Chip.
You got that right.
Looks like 4 degrees with a -7 chill at CG's house this morning, that should make most of us feel warmer.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 06:26:07 AM
Nice deal Mashing again on the Murcielago's 4/$16 buy 4 Paks use CATSRULE and FS brings them to $3.32 each.  6X50 Toro's.
Those are really good too, nicely aged stock. Morning TexasDave
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:28:52 AM
Nice deal Mashing again on the Murcielago's 4/$16 buy 4 Paks use CATSRULE and FS brings them to $3.32 each.  6X50 Toro's.
Those are really good too, nicely aged stock. Morning TexasDave
Morning Fish.  Yes they are very good, bought 5 boxes last time and tried one.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 06:33:48 AM
Nice deal Mashing again on the Murcielago's 4/$16 buy 4 Paks use CATSRULE and FS brings them to $3.32 each.  6X50 Toro's.
Those are really good too, nicely aged stock. Morning TexasDave
Morning Fish.  Yes they are very good, bought 5 boxes last time and tried one.
I like the box press they have on those toros, actually never tried another vitola but can't imagine liking one much more
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 06:34:30 AM
Good morning boys! Happy chilly Friday. This time of year makes me think about a CI store visit
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 06:35:57 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:39:07 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Simple enough for everyone to understand? :)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 06:39:58 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Littlefish.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 06:43:54 AM
Good morning, guys.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:46:10 AM
Morning Travellin Dave & Tony.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 06:46:21 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Exactly. I need something more specific.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 06:46:35 AM
Famous' home page is really strange, the graphics and images are bizarre. That applies to their emails and everything, weird stuff
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 06:48:40 AM
Morning Travellin Dave & Tony.
Hola Davide!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 06:48:42 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Exactly. I need something more specific.

Lack of intelligence, foolishness, denseness, brainlessness, ignorance, dull-wittedness, slow-wittedness, doltishness, slowness;
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:50:04 AM
For those seeking an armored car here is a cool test of one to consider.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J8i5d5toEDk

Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 06:50:22 AM
Good morning, guys.
Morning Tony, Dave, Chip, WirelessDean
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 06:52:14 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Exactly. I need something more specific.
Amsnowsia?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 06:52:34 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
And too many fail to regain any of that memory over the course of the winter.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 06:54:55 AM
Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Good morning Native.
Hey there Chilly Chip.
Worst part is that now that it's cold and everyone is out of town, I get emails from the people off having fun to check on there houses, it might have been a good idea to leave me a key, 3 houses and no keys.
You did your job, checked the houses...now go home and have another nice hot coffee.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 06:56:05 AM
Famous' home page is really strange, the graphics and images are bizarre. That applies to their emails and everything, weird stuff
Agreed...must be sourcing some of that tobacco from Colorado.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:56:06 AM
Famous' home page is really strange, the graphics and images are bizarre. That applies to their emails and everything, weird stuff
Not Mardis Gras yet and Halloween is long gone so someone is demonstrating their mind on drugs I guess.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 06:57:19 AM
Tony rolling in for the day, good morning Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 06:58:06 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Exactly. I need something more specific.
Those not smart enough to shut things down and stay the hell at home like we do down here.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 06:58:33 AM
Speaking of website change, JR Cigars sure has done a makeover.  New management sprucing things up!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 06:59:23 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Exactly. I need something more specific.
Those not smart enough to shut things down and stay the hell at home like we do down here.
I seem to remember some ice storms last year that weren't pretty on the Texas roadways...
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 07:09:28 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Exactly. I need something more specific.
Those not smart enough to shut things down and stay the hell at home like we do down here.
I seem to remember some ice storms last year that weren't pretty on the Texas roadways...
Those were not smart enough to stay home like about 75% did.  Those 25% on the roads moved down here from the North and "knew how to drive on the snow". But of course they were so stupid they did not know the difference between black ice and snow.  Happens every time .
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 07:19:13 AM
Tony rolling in for the day, good morning Mr. Mayor.
That's me.  Kissing hands and shaking babies.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 07:21:08 AM
Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Lot of snow for mid-November.
Indeed. Lots of back-ups yesterday because of accidents, glad it was my day off. People always, ALWAYS forget how to drive in the snow during the summer months. It's a phenomenon that should have a name.
The name is stupidity - it's a broad ranging term though
Exactly. I need something more specific.
Amsnowsia?
Love it. Call Webster's.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 07:21:55 AM
Tony rolling in for the day, good morning Mr. Mayor.
That's me.  Kissing hands and shaking babies.
LOL
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 07:48:12 AM
Tony rolling in for the day, good morning Mr. Mayor.
That's me.  Kissing hands and shaking babies.
Hands?....you sure?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 07:58:21 AM
PAYDAY!  Mornin Gents!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 08:09:09 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 08:12:20 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 08:17:14 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 08:20:21 AM
PAYDAY!  Mornin Gents!
Is it? I know it's Friday, no idea when I get paid but cheers!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 08:21:11 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 08:26:18 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
No big plans, son is home for a short visit and we are having Thanksgiving lunch today, he will not be back until Christmas.  Tires I ordered came yesterday so got to drop my truck off this morning to get them put on.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 08:27:43 AM
PAYDAY!  Mornin Gents!
Is it? I know it's Friday, no idea when I get paid but cheers!
Well, YOU don't, but a deposit in your name is put in your wife's bank account.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 08:28:15 AM
PAYDAY!  Mornin Gents!
Is it? I know it's Friday, no idea when I get paid but cheers!
Well, YOU don't, but a deposit in your name is put in your wife's bank account.
Bingo! hahaha  Mornin Dave and Scotty!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 08:28:56 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
No big plans, son is home for a short visit and we are having Thanksgiving lunch today, he will not be back until Christmas.  Tires I ordered came yesterday so got to drop my truck off this morning to get them put on.
Need to get an astrostart and some winter floor mats for the wifes car...will probably wait till black Friday to see if there are any coupons since those two items rarely go on sale.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 08:30:17 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 08:31:31 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
No big plans, son is home for a short visit and we are having Thanksgiving lunch today, he will not be back until Christmas.  Tires I ordered came yesterday so got to drop my truck off this morning to get them put on.
Need to get an astrostart and some winter floor mats for the wifes car...will probably wait till black Friday to see if there are any coupons since those two items rarely go on sale.
Well, it seems black Friday has started already....and don't forget cyber Monday.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 08:33:31 AM
PAYDAY!  Mornin Gents!
Is it? I know it's Friday, no idea when I get paid but cheers!
Must be nice.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 08:37:54 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 08:38:21 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
No big plans, son is home for a short visit and we are having Thanksgiving lunch today, he will not be back until Christmas.  Tires I ordered came yesterday so got to drop my truck off this morning to get them put on.
Need to get an astrostart and some winter floor mats for the wifes car...will probably wait till black Friday to see if there are any coupons since those two items rarely go on sale.
Well, it seems black Friday has started already....and don't forget cyber Monday.
I am banking on WeatherTec having a sale, if not I will probably just get those anyways.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 08:42:30 AM
Out of here for a while on the way to the tire store.  Stay warm!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 09:05:35 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 09:10:25 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
The Bocote I am most excited about, looks like this:
(http://www.rockler.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/720x720/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/32885-01-1000.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 09:12:05 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
And I picked up some leopard-wood too!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 09:25:55 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
And I picked up some leopard-wood too!
Do you have a Starbucks for wood nearby?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 09:27:42 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
And I picked up some leopard-wood too!
Do you have a Starbucks for wood nearby?
Only 1 local place carries exotics and 'unique' woods...stuff beyond, walnut, maple, and poplar that the major companies stock
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 09:32:50 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
The Bocote I am most excited about, looks like this:
(http://www.rockler.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/720x720/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/32885-01-1000.jpg)
Nice wood.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 09:34:51 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
The Bocote I am most excited about, looks like this:
(http://www.rockler.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/720x720/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/32885-01-1000.jpg)
Nice wood.
I'll cut some off and send it to you, plenty to go around ;)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 09:44:24 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
The Bocote I am most excited about, looks like this:
(http://www.rockler.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/720x720/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/32885-01-1000.jpg)
Nice wood.
I'll cut some off and send it to you, plenty to go around ;)
Better check with the wife first, just in case.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 09:47:22 AM
Morning and Happy Payday CG
Good mornin Tex!
Any hunting this weekend?
Not this weekend - we usually don't go pheasant hunting during rifle season(2 or 3 more weeks of it) and the ducks are mostly south now.  Will do some garage projects and finish prepping it for winter.  What are you up to this weekend?
Maybe you could put feet on that cigar cabinet.
Maybe you could GFY?  ;)  I will be making some stogie stands - picked up some cool woods yesterday: tiger maple, purple heart, paduk, bocote, and wenge
Is that wood or pot varieties?
The Bocote I am most excited about, looks like this:
(http://www.rockler.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/720x720/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/32885-01-1000.jpg)
Nice wood.
I'll cut some off and send it to you, plenty to go around ;)
Are you saying I need help with my wood?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 09:47:50 AM
[...]
No comment  :P
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 09:48:11 AM
[...]
You spelled girlfriend wrong...
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 09:54:03 AM
[...]
Well, I know she would DEFINITELY not want to be shortchanged. Haha.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 10:13:09 AM
Well, I know she would DEFINITELY not want to be shortchanged. Haha.
Speaking from a sister's perspective?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 10:30:41 AM
Well, I know she would DEFINITELY not want to be shortchanged. Haha.
Speaking from a sister's perspective?
Mmm hmm, dat's right.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 10:48:08 AM
Well, I know she would DEFINITELY not want to be shortchanged. Haha.
Speaking from a sister's perspective?
Mmm hmm, dat's right.
LMFAO!  I even saw your sassy finger when you said that.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 10:57:23 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 11:03:19 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 11:04:03 AM
Well, I know she would DEFINITELY not want to be shortchanged. Haha.
Speaking from a sister's perspective?
Mmm hmm, dat's right.
LMFAO!  I even saw your sassy finger when you said that.
Ha! I actually looked for a gif of a smiley doing the wagging finger before I gave up and posted that.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 11:04:35 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 11:13:09 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 11:24:05 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Makes as good a sense as any other theory and as the Mayor you should know best.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 11:38:48 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
May be some truth to that!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 11:38:53 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Now we just need a black and white picture of 2 guys smoking in bathtubs to act as our logo.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 11:39:59 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Or CigalisBanter.com  (got to keep the options open)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 11:42:35 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 11:43:08 AM
Jeez, finally back. Busy morning, this is bullshit
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 11:43:28 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Now we just need a black and white picture of 2 guys smoking in bathtubs to act as our logo.
Will this do?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 11:43:40 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Various deals, various prices
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 11:46:54 AM
Jeez, finally back. Busy morning, this is bullshit
Yup, you're in the right place.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 11:49:50 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Murcielago robusto and toro, box or bundle at Atlantic!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 11:52:04 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Now we just need a black and white picture of 2 guys smoking in bathtubs to act as our logo.
Will this do?
That'll work. I went looking for a picture of Gibson and Garner sitting in the tub at the end of Maverick, but came up empty.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 14, 2014, 11:54:19 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Murcielago robusto and toro, box or bundle at Atlantic!
meh
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 11:55:03 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Murcielago robusto and toro, box or bundle at Atlantic!
Toro, bundle
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 14, 2014, 11:55:09 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Now we just need a black and white picture of 2 guys smoking in bathtubs to act as our logo.
Will this do?
That'll work. I went looking for a picture of Gibson and Garner sitting in the tub at the end of Maverick, but came up empty.
did you try Maverick and Goose?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 11:55:26 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Now we just need a black and white picture of 2 guys smoking in bathtubs to act as our logo.
Will this do?
That'll work. I went looking for a picture of Gibson and Garner sitting in the tub at the end of Maverick, but came up empty.
Thank god!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 11:57:28 AM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Or CigalisBanter.com  (got to keep the options open)
Always!  Never know if someone is squatting on the domain name.  ;)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 11:58:41 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Murcielago robusto and toro, box or bundle at Atlantic!
Toro, bundle
    20/$71
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 12:00:33 PM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Now we just need a black and white picture of 2 guys smoking in bathtubs to act as our logo.
Will this do?
That'll work. I went looking for a picture of Gibson and Garner sitting in the tub at the end of Maverick, but came up empty.
did you try Maverick and Goose?
That beach volleyball scene is too hot for this banter.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 14, 2014, 12:01:31 PM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Or CigalisBanter.com  (got to keep the options open)
Always!  Never know if someone is squatting on the domain name.  ;)
kegon just started Cigarbarter.com a community to trade cigars and get ripped off.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 14, 2014, 12:02:40 PM
Sheesh it is a slow Banter day!  I am on hold with Verizon so I got plenty of time to banter.
I'm convinced there are a finite number of banter posts.  If we use them up on a Wednesday, there will be less for the rest of the week.  Think of this lull as a banter refractory period.
Give us a blue pill and we'll be able to post more right now.
CiagraBanter.com?
Now we just need a black and white picture of 2 guys smoking in bathtubs to act as our logo.
Will this do?
That'll work. I went looking for a picture of Gibson and Garner sitting in the tub at the end of Maverick, but came up empty.
did you try Maverick and Goose?
That beach volleyball scene is too hot for this banter.
yea, that Scientology Gay Porn is a bit over the top.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 14, 2014, 12:06:04 PM
So Cigars..........adios
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 12:14:32 PM
Just got in my Opus buy from Monday - woof, I can feel my wallet cringing
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 12:16:26 PM
So Cigars..........adios
Giving up on them totally now?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 12:17:52 PM
So Cigars..........adios
Giving up on them totally now?
FIRE SALE!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 12:20:15 PM
So Cigars..........adios
Giving up on them totally now?
FIRE SALE!
So then he has no reason to go to Florida in January...
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 12:20:50 PM
So Cigars..........adios
Giving up on them totally now?
FIRE SALE!
BUY! BUY! BUY!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
So Cigars..........adios
Giving up on them totally now?
FIRE SALE!
BUY! BUY! BUY!
I'll take the CCs Oy!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 12:26:39 PM
Lunch time - taco in a bag!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 12:32:02 PM
Just like Oy, stop in, drop either a bombshell or a red herring then wander off to let us speculate.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 12:34:58 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 12:37:30 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 12:42:24 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Solid plan DaveJoe
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 12:50:46 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Solid plan DaveJoe
+1 to that!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 01:18:15 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 01:27:33 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 01:29:51 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 01:31:11 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 01:31:54 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
He didn't say I could leave work :)  People who travel for work should only have to work 4 days a week - or at least that's how I felt when I was traveling a lot :)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 01:32:34 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 01:33:30 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
Word!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 01:47:28 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 01:51:15 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 01:55:17 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Understandable, he doesn't even know what a pallet sale is.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 01:56:16 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Understandable, he doesn't even know what a pallet sale is.
Or how to arrange a herf with Tony  :o
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 02:04:08 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Understandable, he doesn't even know what a pallet sale is.
Or how to arrange a herf with Tony  :o
+1
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 14, 2014, 02:15:33 PM
My turn now - hazzuh!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 02:19:19 PM
My turn now - hazzuh!
See ya Dave - have a good weekend!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 02:25:04 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Understandable, he doesn't even know what a pallet sale is.
What? Those wooden things?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 02:26:35 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Understandable, he doesn't even know what a pallet sale is.
Or how to arrange a herf with Tony  :o
In my defense, nobody can master that feat...who would even want to?! It's like trying to lasso a pudgy hummingbird
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: sfish on November 14, 2014, 02:27:30 PM
With that, I'm off. Looking forward to the first glass of Monkey Shoulder in about 90 min, have a great weekend all!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 02:28:21 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Understandable, he doesn't even know what a pallet sale is.
Or how to arrange a herf with Tony  :o
In my defense, nobody can master that feat...who would even want to?! It's like trying to lasso a pudgy hummingbird
:)  I agree with you there
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 02:28:31 PM
With that, I'm off. Looking forward to the first glass of Monkey Shoulder in about 90 min, have a great weekend all!
Have a good weekend Scott!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 02:50:19 PM
You the only guy left working CG?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 02:51:52 PM
Looks like Dean has failed to come up for air today.  Must still be trying to get out of that Verizon Family Contract.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 02:58:18 PM
Ya know what, done enough damage for the week, going to stop by a B&M, then to the liquor store than home for the weekend.  BBL.
Later Dave.
He hazzuh'd us first?
Bastige!
I'm happy for him.  He seems to have earned that time.
Still, he's got some nerve stealing my thunder. ;)
He just doesn't respect your post count ;)
And rightfully so, cause we have established that post counts are the only things that matter. ;)
Everyone but Biebs has accepted it
Understandable, he doesn't even know what a pallet sale is.
Or how to arrange a herf with Tony  :o
In my defense, nobody can master that feat...who would even want to?! It's like trying to lasso a pudgy hummingbird
:)  I agree with you there
Hey, I can read ya know?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 02:59:08 PM
Looks like Dean has failed to come up for air today.  Must still be trying to get out of that Verizon Family Contract.
Is it today or tomorrow that he was gonna be under the needle again?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 02:59:32 PM
Well Tony is still working.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 03:00:44 PM
Well Tony is still working.
Yes sir.  Thinking about calling it quits soon but not likely for another hour or so.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 14, 2014, 03:01:30 PM
Just like Oy, stop in, drop either a bombshell or a red herring then wander off to let us speculate.
just trying to give meaning to your lives, your welcome. Had a Griffins with coffe today, classic.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 14, 2014, 03:02:49 PM
Time to get to work....take care boys.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 03:07:38 PM
Looks like Dean has failed to come up for air today.  Must still be trying to get out of that Verizon Family Contract.
Or motorboatin' the land-lady! ;)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 03:07:54 PM
You the only guy left working CG?
Damn straight!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 03:12:58 PM
You the only guy left working CG?
Damn straight!
Tony is hanging in there with you! :).  Just had me a little nap, Thanksgiving lunch made me sleepy.  smoked Ham, homemade cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes and Mac and cheese with homemade chocolate pie to top it off.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 03:17:30 PM
You the only guy left working CG?
Damn straight!
Tony is hanging in there with you! :).  Just had me a little nap, Thanksgiving lunch made me sleepy.  smoked Ham, homemade cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes and Mac and cheese with homemade chocolate pie to top it off.
Sounds damn good!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 03:19:48 PM
http://halfwheel.com/beer-infused-asylum-dragons-milk-cigar-ships/73410 (http://halfwheel.com/beer-infused-asylum-dragons-milk-cigar-ships/73410)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 03:21:00 PM
You the only guy left working CG?
Damn straight!
Tony is hanging in there with you! :).  Just had me a little nap, Thanksgiving lunch made me sleepy.  smoked Ham, homemade cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes and Mac and cheese with homemade chocolate pie to top it off.
Sounds damn good!
I promise it was.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 03:25:44 PM
You the only guy left working CG?
Damn straight!
Tony is hanging in there with you! :).  Just had me a little nap, Thanksgiving lunch made me sleepy.  smoked Ham, homemade cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes and Mac and cheese with homemade chocolate pie to top it off.
Sounds damn good!
It sure does.  I'm sooooooo hungry.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:27:28 PM
Looks like Dean has failed to come up for air today.  Must still be trying to get out of that Verizon Family Contract.
Is it today or tomorrow that he was gonna be under the needle again?
This afternoon.  Supposed to finish.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:31:49 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 03:34:43 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
Good for you.  Which reminds me I need to get on it, with regard to my fall brews.  This dieting isn't conducive to emptying the beer fridge.  And therefore there is no room for the winter ones.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:35:01 PM
http://halfwheel.com/beer-infused-asylum-dragons-milk-cigar-ships/73410 (http://halfwheel.com/beer-infused-asylum-dragons-milk-cigar-ships/73410)
Don't know about this one....I am willing to try the infused, but size and price are not good selling points.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:35:38 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
Good for you.  Which reminds me I need to get on it, with regard to my fall brews.  This dieting isn't conducive to emptying the beer fridge.  And therefore there is no room for the winter ones.
A herf could help with that...
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 03:37:02 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
That Gingerbread Stout sounds good - did you get some of the Jek?
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:37:06 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
Good for you.  Which reminds me I need to get on it, with regard to my fall brews.  This dieting isn't conducive to emptying the beer fridge.  And therefore there is no room for the winter ones.
As you know I have a bit of a buffer for the seasons room wise.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:38:55 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
That Gingerbread Stout sounds good - did you get some of the Jek?
Yea, got three.  One I smoke in a couple of weeks, one I wait a year and there third depends on what I think of the first two. (or one)
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 03:40:15 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
That Gingerbread Stout sounds good - did you get some of the Jek?
Yea, got three.  One I smoke in a couple of weeks, one I wait a year and there third depends on what I think of the first two. (or one)
I liked it, pretty damn solid stick.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 03:40:34 PM
Looks like Dean has failed to come up for air today.  Must still be trying to get out of that Verizon Family Contract.
Is it today or tomorrow that he was gonna be under the needle again?
This afternoon.  Supposed to finish.
Im thought it was tomorrow
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:46:40 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
That Gingerbread Stout sounds good - did you get some of the Jek?
Yea, got three.  One I smoke in a couple of weeks, one I wait a year and there third depends on what I think of the first two. (or one)
I liked it, pretty damn solid stick.
They also had a dress box of Jek, but can't say I'm particularly interested in this one.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 03:47:17 PM
I went to the package store this morning and they had some BP Victory at Sea in the 22 oz bottles so picked some up, first time I found it here.  Thinking about selecting a smoke and trying one.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 14, 2014, 03:48:30 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
That Gingerbread Stout sounds good - did you get some of the Jek?
Yea, got three.  One I smoke in a couple of weeks, one I wait a year and there third depends on what I think of the first two. (or one)
I liked it, pretty damn solid stick.
They also had a dress box of Jek, but can't say I'm particularly interested in this one.
Priced reasonably?  It's cool how the dimensions are designed - it looks square but it's really off like 10deg...it will look better after the Hyde comes out next year.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 03:50:23 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
Not bad for a B&M and I get a discount, but figure for this one you need to get both, so that ties you in for next year.
That Gingerbread Stout sounds good - did you get some of the Jek?
Yea, got three.  One I smoke in a couple of weeks, one I wait a year and there third depends on what I think of the first two. (or one)
I liked it, pretty damn solid stick.
They also had a dress box of Jek, but can't say I'm particularly interested in this one.
Priced reasonably?  It's cool how the dimensions are designed - it looks square but it's really off like 10deg...it will look better after the Hyde comes out next year.
oOPS!
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 14, 2014, 04:01:44 PM
[...]
Could lose a turkey for improper posting
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 04:53:38 PM
Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
Good for you.  Which reminds me I need to get on it, with regard to my fall brews.  This dieting isn't conducive to emptying the beer fridge.  And therefore there is no room for the winter ones.
A herf could help with that...
Hard to do with the recent work schedule.  Every time I'm ready to tell them to go fuck off, they deposit money into my account and I change my mind.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 05:12:58 PM
I'm gonna head out with a CI Legends (Yellow) by Pepin.  I just can't focus and will finish my work up over the weekend.  A few more meetings this week would have helped the situation.  Later, gents.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 14, 2014, 06:28:23 PM
It was too cold out there to really enjoy that Pepin.  It was the typical DPG spice bomb and I normally like that but the retrohale was harsh.  I had that stick for years.
Title: Re: 11/14/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 14, 2014, 07:49:33 PM
Hopefully you're home comfy and warm now.