CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: 6/15/2017  (Read 7169 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 6/15/2017
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »

Afternoon men.  In the shop in front of the OH door with fans going smoking an NR.  Hot out, but this is tolerable.
Afternoon Bean, you can't smoke in the new office?
Nope, decided wasn't going to do that.  Cigar smoking is more enjoyable in a relaxed mode vs working anyway, so just occasionally out here works.
But doesn't cigar smoking help initiate a relaxed mood?
It does, and the nic hit helps in the afternoon, but unless I'm working on something easy and low stress I start to ignore the cigar and just smoke it, which doesn't seem right, either.
Not necessarily.  I tend to have my cigars separated on just that criteria.  Those that I will only smoke when I can give them full attention and those that that are decent but dont necessarily need full attention (ie yard gars).
Agree to an extent.  I would never light up a premium nuanced cigar while working or even reading the newspaper, but don't smoke too many yard gars, so I think my approach is better, so GFY.  (Thursday is the new Tuesday).
See what missing an afternoon stogie does to you....you didn't used to be this cranky in the afternoon.
Maybe he is revising the house plans, that always makes him a bit touchy regardless of the time of day.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »

Maybe Bean should try this an relieve some steam pressure.

Teen accused of shooting cyclist with shotgun was ‘blowing off steam’

A man who only knew the suspect four months told police he was ‘blowing off steam’ after assaulting his girlfriend

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2017, 07:35:58 PM »

Afternoon men.  In the shop in front of the OH door with fans going smoking an NR.  Hot out, but this is tolerable.
Afternoon Bean, you can't smoke in the new office?
Nope, decided wasn't going to do that.  Cigar smoking is more enjoyable in a relaxed mode vs working anyway, so just occasionally out here works.
But doesn't cigar smoking help initiate a relaxed mood?
It does, and the nic hit helps in the afternoon, but unless I'm working on something easy and low stress I start to ignore the cigar and just smoke it, which doesn't seem right, either.
Not necessarily.  I tend to have my cigars separated on just that criteria.  Those that I will only smoke when I can give them full attention and those that that are decent but dont necessarily need full attention (ie yard gars).
Agree to an extent.  I would never light up a premium nuanced cigar while working or even reading the newspaper, but don't smoke too many yard gars, so I think my approach is better, so GFY.  (Thursday is the new Tuesday).
My, that new smoking routine might not be working so well.  You hit Travellin Dave pretty quick with that GFY
Exactly my thought.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »

Maybe Bean should try this an relieve some steam pressure.

Teen accused of shooting cyclist with shotgun was ‘blowing off steam’

A man who only knew the suspect four months told police he was ‘blowing off steam’ after assaulting his girlfriend
Or maybe he should just stick with a GFY or two... :o

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »

Time for a Goodnight Sheesh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member