CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 03, 2021, 12:02:10 AM

Title: 1/3/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on January 03, 2021, 12:02:10 AM
Hello cigar enthusiasts!  Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 07:16:36 AM
Good morning Banter. Today we'll find out whose playing who inthe playoffs
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 09:21:19 AM
Good morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 09:22:57 AM
@bluecollar: Last vacation day here and I know you're already back. I hope you didn't find a mess.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 09:38:18 AM
@bluecollar: Last vacation day here and I know you're already back. I hope you didn't find a mess.
Good morning Mr Mayor. So far nothing is broke or needs immediate attention.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 10:08:22 AM
We just started getting a heavy snow here. It's very pretty out. It's supposed to turn to rain in an hour so hopefully we won't get much accumulation.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2021, 10:19:17 AM
Good morning BackatWorkRick and Mr Mayor.  Going to be 69 deg and sunny here. I'll be grilling again later and will have to sneak in a smoke of another kind as well.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 10:21:50 AM
Good morning BackatWorkRick and Mr Mayor.  Going to be 69 deg and sunny here. I'll be grilling again later and will have to sneak in a smoke of another kind as well.
Good morning, AllGreensMark.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 10:27:17 AM
Good morning BackatWorkRick and Mr Mayor.  Going to be 69 deg and sunny here. I'll be grilling again later and will have to sneak in a smoke of another kind as well.
WoW nearly 70 degrees. I'll be cooking too. Chicken on the grill when I get home.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 10:29:15 AM
Good morning BackatWorkRick and Mr Mayor.  Going to be 69 deg and sunny here. I'll be grilling again later and will have to sneak in a smoke of another kind as well.
WoW nearly 70 degrees. I'll be cooking too. Chicken on the grill when I get home.
I ain't grilling outdoors but I may be making some chicken. Probably should go pull it out of the freezer now.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 10:29:35 AM
We just started getting a heavy snow here. It's very pretty out. It's supposed to turn to rain in an hour so hopefully we won't get much accumulation.
I've had so much mixed precipitation this passed week. All that snow I had is nearly gone. Creeks are running high.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:38:56 AM
Good Day Mr. Rick, FreezeThawTony and Mr. GreenBean.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:39:27 AM
OK price on Breakfast in Portugal at the Sis today.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:41:58 AM
Good morning BackatWorkRick and Mr Mayor.  Going to be 69 deg and sunny here. I'll be grilling again later and will have to sneak in a smoke of another kind as well.
Only mid 50's here for today but feels good.  Short sleeves for the walk this AM.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 10:42:16 AM
Morning all, cigar walk before some NFL watching. Da Bears!
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:44:06 AM
Today is Sunday, Jan. 3, the third day of 2021.
There are 362 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Jan. 3, 1977, Apple Computer was incorporated in Cupertino, California, by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Mike Markkula (MAHR’-kuh-luh) Jr.

On this date:
In 1777, Gen. George Washington’s army routed the British in the Battle of Princeton, New Jersey.
In 1833, Britain seized control of the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. (Almost 150 years later, Argentina seized the islands from the British, but Britain took them back after a 74-day war.)
In 1870, groundbreaking took place for the Brooklyn Bridge.

In 1959, Alaska became the 49th state as President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a proclamation.
In 1961, President Dwight D. Eisenhower announced the United States was formally terminating diplomatic and consular relations with Cuba.
In 1967, Jack Ruby, the man who shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy, died in a Dallas hospital.

In 1975, the original version of the TV game show “Jeopardy!,” hosted by Art Fleming, ended its nearly 11-year run on NBC.
In 1990, ousted Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega surrendered to U.S. forces, 10 days after taking refuge in the Vatican’s diplomatic mission.
In 2000, the last new daily “Peanuts” strip by Charles Schulz ran in 26-hundred newspapers.

In 2007, Gerald R. Ford was laid to rest on the grounds of his presidential museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan, during a ceremony watched by thousands of onlookers.
In 2008, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama won Democratic caucuses in Iowa, while Mike Huckabee won the Republican caucuses.
In 2013, students from Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, reconvened at a different building in the town of Monroe about three weeks after the massacre that had claimed the lives of 20 first-graders and six educators. The new 113th Congress opened for business, with House Speaker John Boehner (BAY’-nur) re-elected to his post despite a mini-revolt in Republican ranks.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:45:00 AM
Ten years ago: Democrat Jerry Brown was sworn in as California’s 39th governor, returning to the office he’d left 28 years earlier. Prosecutors in Dallas declared Cornelius Dupree Jr. innocent of a rape and robbery that had put him in prison for 30 years.

Five years ago: Republican presidential contender Donald Trump brushed off an African militant group’s video that showed him calling for Muslims to be banned from coming to the U.S., telling the Sunday news shows he wouldn’t be dissuaded from saying what he thought. Saudi Arabia announced it was severing diplomatic relations with Shiite powerhouse Iran amid escalating tensions over the Sunni kingdom’s execution of a prominent Shiite cleric.

One year ago: Health authorities in the Chinese city of Wuhan said the number of cases of a newly diagnosed respiratory illness linked to a food market there had risen to 44, with lung damage appearing in a “small number” of cases. Authorities in Hong Kong activated a newly-created “serious response” level as fears spread about the disease that may have been brought back by visitors to Wuhan. The United States killed Iran’s top general in an airstrike at Baghdad’s international airport; the Pentagon said Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds force, had been “actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members” in Iraq and elsewhere. Iran warned of retaliation.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:47:06 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Dabney Coleman is 89.
Journalist-author Betty Rollin is 85.
Hockey Hall of Famer Bobby Hull is 82.
Singer-songwriter-producer Van Dyke Parks is 78.
Musician Stephen Stills is 76.
Rock musician John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) is 75.
Actor Victoria Principal is 71.
Actor-director Mel Gibson is 65.
Actor Shannon Sturges is 53.
Actor John Ales is 52.
Jazz musician James Carter is 52.
Contemporary Christian singer Nichole Nordeman is 49.
Musician Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk) is 46.
Actor Jason Marsden is 46.
Actor Danica McKellar is 46.
Actor Nicholas Gonzalez is 45.
Singer Kimberley Locke (TV: “American Idol”) is 43.
Actor Kate Levering is 42.
Former NFL quarterback Eli Manning is 40.
Actor Nicole Beharie is 36.
Pop musician Mark Pontius (Foster the People) is 36.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Lloyd is 35.
Pop-rock musician Nash Overstreet (Hot Chelle (shel) Rae) is 35.
Actor Alex D. Linz is 32.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:53:00 AM
Happy Birthday Victoria!
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:53:25 AM
And to page 2 we go!
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 10:54:01 AM
OK price on Breakfast in Portugal at the Sis today.
You made me look. Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 10:54:41 AM
Morning all, cigar walk before some NFL watching. Da Bears!
Good morning, Oy.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 10:59:18 AM
Cigar Page offering a long list of 10skies that I don't have time to go through now.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 11:03:53 AM
Atlantic offering extra $15 off boxes of My Father La Gran Oferta, La Promesa and La Opulencia.
* Althought not near as good as VIP pricing...saving the cost of VIP on purchase of just one box!
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 11:25:12 AM
Cigar Page offering a long list of 10skies that I don't have time to go through now.
well I have some homework and time to kill till the temps get above 20 so I can go for a walk.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 11:26:25 AM
Cigar Page offering a long list of 10skies that I don't have time to go through now.
well I have some homework and time to kill till the temps get above 20 so I can go for a walk.
meh.....same old stuff.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 11:27:48 AM
Time for a real cigar deals......looking for that epic 2021 deal.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 11:40:54 AM
The Sunday selection
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 12:51:55 PM
The Sunday selection
meh! Not bad but not very interesting, one dimensional ok for dog walk.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 01:03:56 PM
Getting ready to watch the Tony's vs. the DaveM's.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 01:05:27 PM
The Sunday selection
meh! Not bad but not very interesting, one dimensional ok for dog walk.
I forget now whether that's the third or fourth iteration of that, and believe this one is by AJF....but I don't care for it much either.  First iteration was the only one I really liked.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 01:05:43 PM
Sunday page 3!
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 01:06:37 PM
Time for a real cigar deals......looking for that epic 2021 deal.
We need that optimism.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 01:25:31 PM
The Sunday selection
meh! Not bad but not very interesting, one dimensional ok for dog walk.
I forget now whether that's the third or fourth iteration of that, and believe this one is by AJF....but I don't care for it much either.  First iteration was the only one I really liked.
OG were good. This is a No Buy
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 01:46:25 PM
Undecorating with a Rose of Sharon.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 01:57:21 PM
TB Looking good as they go into the playoffs
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 02:25:25 PM
TB Looking good as they go into the playoffs
Wish I could say the same about Pittsburgh.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 02:39:24 PM
[...]

You forgot to include Greta Thunberg who turned 18 today.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 03:06:42 PM
[...]

now that she is an adult can we call her a bitch? Asking for a friend.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 03:32:40 PM
TB Looking good as they go into the playoffs
Wish I could say the same about Pittsburgh.
They left half the damn team home, you'll be just fine. In fact, this might be a preview of next week's game.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 03:33:46 PM
[...]

Did that stop your...friend...before? I'm guessing no.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 03:35:23 PM
TB Looking good as they go into the playoffs
Wish I could say the same about Pittsburgh.
They left half the damn team home, you'll be just fine. In fact, this might be a preview of next week's game.
Assuming we win, that is. Which I'm still leaning against.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 04:03:17 PM
Phew.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 04:04:10 PM
Bills #2 seed. Playoff game in Buffalo
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 04:04:53 PM
Phew.
At least it was close. Obviously meant a lot more to you since we had already clinched.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 04:09:18 PM
Phew.
At least it was close. Obviously meant a lot more to you since we had already clinched.
How much it meant for us, combined with how many people you had out is concerning for us, to be sure. Next week won't be pretty, methinks.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 04:10:30 PM
Bills #2 seed. Playoff game in Buffalo
And in quite the convincing fashion, too. Congrats.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 04:13:17 PM
Bills #2 seed. Playoff game in Buffalo
Fans allowed next week. Somebody call a doktor
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 04:14:05 PM
Bills #2 seed. Playoff game in Buffalo
And in quite the convincing fashion, too. Congrats.
Thank you. I have yet to check the other scores.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2021, 04:27:17 PM
[...]

Trumpf told me not to.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 04:35:20 PM
Congrats LTG. Are both teams pairing up again next week?
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: bluecollar on January 03, 2021, 04:37:55 PM
Bills #2 seed. Playoff game in Buffalo
Fans allowed next week. Somebody call a doktor
Grill getting ready too.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/147a3966cd3084cca3af3c2dee254e02.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 04:45:48 PM
Congrats LTG. Are both teams pairing up again next week?
Indeed they are, in Pittsburgh.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2021, 04:46:37 PM
Congrats LTG. Are both teams pairing up again next week?
Indeed they are, in Pittsburgh.
It will be interesting.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2021, 04:52:42 PM
First smoke of 2021 while the coals get down. From the HVC sampler.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/8e6799d0d0f997f602cadb7ee9a3853b.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 05:12:14 PM
Congrats LTG. Are both teams pairing up again next week?
Indeed they are, in Pittsburgh.
It will be interesting.
That's a polite way to say we're going to get beat down.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 08:15:22 PM
First smoke of 2021 while the coals get down. From the HVC sampler.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/8e6799d0d0f997f602cadb7ee9a3853b.jpg)
how is that one.....they always have that one on sale.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2021, 08:45:43 PM
First smoke of 2021 while the coals get down. From the HVC sampler.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/8e6799d0d0f997f602cadb7ee9a3853b.jpg)
how is that one.....they always have that one on sale.
Not great.  The least enjoyable one from the sampler so far, and I'm about 3/4 through those sticks.  Started out tasting a bit green, then settled into meh territory.
I've smoked worse but would not purchase.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 09:11:13 PM
Stillers/Browns next Sunday night. Prime time, baby.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 09:16:35 PM
First smoke of 2021 while the coals get down. From the HVC sampler.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/8e6799d0d0f997f602cadb7ee9a3853b.jpg)
how is that one.....they always have that one on sale.
Not great.  The least enjoyable one from the sampler so far, and I'm about 3/4 through those sticks.  Started out tasting a bit green, then settled into meh territory.
I've smoked worse but would not purchase.
must be why they are the only ones I see on sale ....saved me some $$$
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 09:17:56 PM
Stillers/Browns next Sunday night. Prime time, baby.
is it better to lose in prime time?
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 09:29:31 PM
Stillers/Browns next Sunday night. Prime time, baby.
is it better to lose in prime time?
At least I'll be able to enjoy the rest of the weekend games before we lose.
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on January 03, 2021, 09:44:57 PM
Stillers/Browns next Sunday night. Prime time, baby.
is it better to lose in prime time?
At least I'll be able to enjoy the rest of the weekend games before we lose.
good attitude! You never know.....any given Sunday 👍
Title: Re: 1/3/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2021, 09:47:18 PM
Stillers/Browns next Sunday night. Prime time, baby.
is it better to lose in prime time?
At least I'll be able to enjoy the rest of the weekend games before we lose.
good attitude! You never know.....any given Sunday
I'll likely be as broken hearted as I was when the Stillers ended our run in 2002. But that's why we watch!