CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 4/2/2016  (Read 6194 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 4/2/2016
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 01:06:52 PM »

Did you guys finally get a house? The four of you, like last year?
The four of us, plus a friend of Andy's. So 5 total. Though, it's sounding like they will barely be there, so mostly just Nate and I. Lol.

And it's the same house as last year, so the guy gave us a free night, which we're using Wednesday. Leaving mid-morning, stopping at a Perdomo event about 40 minutes away from CF, then staying at the house. Beats having to be up early Thursday to hit the road.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »

I'm trying to figure out our game plan. A few years back, Charlie and I decided not to tailgate and went to the Wooden Match instead. We were thinking about doing that again.
That's a pretty good place, and you can't beat smoking before, during and after the meal.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 01:09:33 PM »

I know it's still a 4 weeks away but I don't think I feel like preparing all the stuff for grilling, etc. Plus maybe that'll get us there earlier... But don't hold your breath.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »

Did you guys finally get a house? The four of you, like last year?
The four of us, plus a friend of Andy's. So 5 total. Though, it's sounding like they will barely be there, so mostly just Nate and I. Lol.

And it's the same house as last year, so the guy gave us a free night, which we're using Wednesday. Leaving mid-morning, stopping at a Perdomo event about 40 minutes away from CF, then staying at the house. Beats having to be up early Thursday to hit the road.
Sweet.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 01:13:16 PM »

As of now, I'm thinking of filling up a cooler with beers but getting our food at the Wooden Match.

We'll be there on Friday. Did you get tickets at all or are you just chilling at the house the whole time (plus free events, of course).

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »

As of now, I'm thinking of filling up a cooler with beers but getting our food at the Wooden Match.

We'll be there on Friday. Did you get tickets at all or are you just chilling at the house the whole time (plus free events, of course).
Nope, no tickets for us. Figured the $!60 could be better spent on cigars we might actually smoke. It'll be weird not to be there, though. So we'll see how it goes. Though, Andy and his friend got tix, so they'll be there Friday. Assuming something ELSE doesn't come up. ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 01:16:22 PM »

I'm trying to figure out our game plan. A few years back, Charlie and I decided not to tailgate and went to the Wooden Match instead. We were thinking about doing that again.
That's a pretty good place, and you can't beat smoking before, during and after the meal.
I'm spoiled because we have Jamie's not too far away. Although it's a very different type of restaurant from the Wooden Match; a lot more expensive too.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 01:18:01 PM »

I guess we'll play it by ear and just keep in touch via cell/text. We definitely need to get together for at least a cigar and a drink.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 01:38:13 PM »

Time for me to start on my unpaid OT. I've been procrastinating. My boss has been waiting for me to finish up some work long enough.

Maybe I'll even get thanked by being laid off next week.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 01:56:19 PM »

I'm spoiled because we have Jamie's not too far away. Although it's a very different type of restaurant from the Wooden Match; a lot more expensive too.
Yeah, definitely wish we had something like that around here.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 01:56:52 PM »

I guess we'll play it by ear and just keep in touch via cell/text. We definitely need to get together for at least a cigar and a drink.
Definitely. Just let us know, we'll try to meet you. Worst case, you know where the house is. Lol

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »

And Jamie's is worth every penny of it and I bet the wooden match does not have those muscles.  Yum, making we wish I could go there for dinner tonight.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 02:02:44 PM »

Been working my ass off all morning and just had a sandwich.  2 truck loads to the Goodwill then had to deal with all the old wood from when I built the new fence.  Sheesh! 

I would estimate I hauled 200+ pounds of clothes out of my closet to Goodwill Thursday and today and I can't tell a damn bit of difference.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 02:11:28 PM »

Been working my ass off all morning and just had a sandwich.  2 truck loads to the Goodwill then had to deal with all the old wood from when I built the new fence.  Sheesh! 

I would estimate I hauled 200+ pounds of clothes out of my closet to Goodwill Thursday and today and I can't tell a damn bit of difference.
Cleaning that stuff out is always a huge pain in the ass. We have a bunch of stuff downstairs from one of the wife's aunt's who has a girl a few years older than our oldest, so clothes she will grow into. Not even stuff I can get rid of yet!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »

Cleaning that stuff out is always a huge pain in the ass. We have a bunch of stuff downstairs from one of the wife's aunt's who has a girl a few years older than our oldest, so clothes she will grow into. Not even stuff I can get rid of yet!
It is a huge pain in the ass for sure. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5