Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015  (Read 12810 times)

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 03:18:11 AM »

In 1955, Britain's Princess Margaret ended weeks of speculation by announcing she would not marry Royal Air Force Group Captain Peter Townsend.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 03:18:44 AM »

In 1961, the body of Josef Stalin was removed from Lenin's Tomb as part of the Soviet Union's "de-Stalinization" drive.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 03:19:17 AM »

In 1964, Theodore C. Freeman, 34, became the first member of NASA's astronaut corps to die when his T-38 jet crashed while approaching Ellington Air Force Base in Houston.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 03:19:55 AM »

In 1968, President Lyndon B. Johnson ordered a halt to all U.S. bombing of North Vietnam, saying he hoped for fruitful peace negotiations.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 03:20:30 AM »

In 1984, Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by two Sikh (seek) security guards.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 03:20:54 AM »

In 1994, a Chicago-bound American Eagle ATR-72 crashed in northern Indiana, killing all 68 people aboard.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 03:21:35 AM »

In 1999, EgyptAir Flight 990, bound from New York to Cairo, crashed off the Massachusetts coast, killing all 217 people aboard.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 03:22:20 AM »

Ten years ago: President George W. Bush nominated Judge Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. Civil rights icon Rosa Parks was honored during a memorial service in Washington, D.C.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 03:22:53 AM »

Five years ago: A former teenage al-Qaida fighter, Omar Khadr, was sentenced by a military judge at Guantanamo to eight more years in custody under the terms of a plea agreement. Theodore C. Sorensen, President John F. Kennedy's aide and speechwriter, died in New York at age 82. The San Francisco Giants beat the Texas Rangers 4-0 in Game 4 of the World Series, taking a 3-1 edge. Kim Clijsters beat top-ranked Caroline Wozniacki to win the season-ending WTA Championships in Qatar, 6-3, 5-7, 6-3. Tiger Woods lost golf's No. 1 ranking after 281 consecutive weeks to England's Lee Westwood.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 03:23:48 AM »

One year ago: Commercial space tourism suffered a huge setback when a prototype passenger rocket, Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo, exploded during a test flight, scattering debris over the Mojave Desert and killing one pilot while seriously injuring the other.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 03:24:32 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actress Lee Grant is 90. Former astronaut Michael Collins is 85. Former CBS anchorman Dan Rather is 84. Folk singer Tom Paxton is 78. Actor Ron Rifkin is 77. Actress Sally Kirkland is 74. Actor David Ogden Stiers is 73. Actor Brian Doyle-Murray is 70. Actor Stephen Rea is 69. Olympic gold medal long-distance runner Frank Shorter is 68. Actress Deidre Hall is 68. Talk show host Jane Pauley is 65. Actor Brian Stokes Mitchell is 58. Movie director Peter Jackson is 54. Rock musician Larry Mullen is 54. Actor Dermot Mulroney is 52. Rock musician Mikkey Dee (Motorhead) is 52. Rock singer-musician Johnny Marr is 52. Actor Rob Schneider is 51. Country singer Darryl Worley is 51. Actor-comedian Mike O'Malley is 50. Rap musician Adrock is 49. Songwriter Adam Schlesinger (SHLES'-in-jer) is 48. Rap performer Vanilla Ice (aka Rob Van Winkle) is 47. Rock singer Linn Berggren (Ace of Base) is 45. Reality TV host Troy Hartman is 44. Gospel singer Smokie Norful is 42. Actress Piper Perabo (PEER'-uh-boh) is 39. Actor Brian Hallisay is 37. Actress Samaire (SAH'-mee-rah) Armstrong is 35. Folk-rock musician Tay Strathairn (Dawes) is 35. Actor Eddie Kaye Thomas is 35. Rock musician Frank Iero (My Chemical Romance) is 34. Actor Scott Clifton is 31. Actress Vanessa Marano is 23. Actress Holly Taylor (TV: "The Americans") is 18. Actress-singer Willow Smith is 15.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 03:25:05 AM »

Thought for Today: "Success is a public affair. Failure is a private funeral." — Rosalind Russell, American actress (1911-1976).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 03:27:43 AM »

Venus and Mars
-------------------------

I never quite figured out why the sexual urge of men and women differ so much. And I never have figured out the whole Venus and Mars thing. I have never figured out why men think with their head and women with their heart.

FOR EXAMPLE

One evening last week, my girlfriend and I were getting into bed.

Well, the passion starts to heat up, and she eventually says, 'I don't feel like it, I just want you to hold me.'

I said, 'WHAT??!! What was that?!'

So she says the words that every boyfriend on the planet dreads to hear...

'You're just not in touch with my emotional needs as a woman enough for me to satisfy your physical needs as a man.'

She responded to my puzzled look by saying, 'Can't you just love me for who I am and not what I do for you in the bedroom?'

Realizing that nothing was going to happen that night, I went to sleep.

The very next day I opted to take the day off of work to spend time with her. We went out to a nice lunch and then went shopping at a big, big unnamed department store. I walked around with her while she tried on several different very expensive outfits. She couldn't decide which one to take, so I told her we'd just buy them all. She wanted new shoes to compliment her new clothes, so I said, 'Lets get a pair for each outfit.'

We went on to the jewellery department where she picked out a pair of diamond earrings. Let me tell you... she was so excited. She must have thought I was one wave short of a shipwreck. I started to think she was testing me because she asked for a tennis bracelet when she doesn't even know how to play tennis.

I think I threw her for a loop when I said, 'That's fine, honey.' She was almost nearing sexual satisfaction from all of the excitement.

Smiling with excited anticipation, she finally said, 'I think this is all dear, let's go to the cashier.'

I could hardly contain myself when I blurted out, 'No honey, I don't feel like it.'

Her face just went completely blank as her jaw dropped with a baffled, 'WHAT?'

I then said, 'Honey! I just want you to HOLD this stuff for a while. You're just not in touch with my financial needs as a man enough for me to satisfy your shopping needs as a woman.'

And just when she had this look like she was going to kill me, I added, 'Why can't you just love me for who I am and not for the things I buy you?'

Apparently I'm not having sex tonight either...
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 04:46:47 AM »

7 CAO Colombia Robusto
          5/19.55
 6 Asylum Toro
         10/29.99
 5 Montecristo Classic
          5/27.50
 4 601 Blue Box-Press Maduro
         10/39.99
 3 Alec Bradley Black Market Vandal
          5/22.50
 2 Oliva Serie 'G'
         10/32.50
 1 L'Atelier
          5/32.50

Re: Trick or Treat! - 10/31/2015
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 04:49:23 AM »

Morning LSU, thunderstorms woke my azz  up at 3:00 this morning, still raining but storm front has passed.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11